Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fan Here...
(10-20-2015, 09:42 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Don't feel too bad...turns out it wasn't a catch:

https://twitter.com/me66ina/status/656171610198683648

It was more of a catch than Golden Tate's TD.

Also more of a catch than during our Seahawks game.  The defender hit the WR, the WR fell to the ground and the ball popped out.  We challenged (due to something similar happening the week before that was ruled incomplete) and lost.

I would also argue that it was also more of a catch than what they award Clay.

Funny that Mike Carey stated that he wouldn't have overturned the Clay catch, and that he would have let the Hewitt catch stand.

BTW:  I thought the Clay one was a catch and that the Officials got it right.  I also thought the Hewitt catch was incomplete (he went out of bounds) and the Officials got that one right as well.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Some of you guys act like you've never rooted for a winning team before.
Reply/Quote
Hey it just takes more than talented players to make a successful team.

What makes Buffalo any different than any other loaded team that's underachieving.

From what I've heard and read seems like some dissension from within regardless of injuries.

That usually is a recipe for disaster and Rex is the "kitchen nightmare" in those situations.

We shall see.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:42 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Don't feel too bad...turns out it wasn't a catch:

https://twitter.com/me66ina/status/656171610198683648

It was a catch. The ball is allowed to touch the ground if you have control of it.

The Bills TE was incorrectly given credit for a catch early in the game though.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 12:07 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It was more of a catch than Golden Tate's TD.

Also more of a catch than during our Seahawks game.  The defender hit the WR, the WR fell to the ground and the ball popped out.  We challenged (due to something similar happening the week before that was ruled incomplete) and lost.

Funny that Mike Carey stated that he wouldn't have overturned the Clay catch, and that he would have let the Hewitt catch stand.

BTW:  I thought the Clay one was a catch and that the Officials got it right.  I also thought the Hewitt catch was incomplete (he went out of bounds) and the Officials got that one right as well.

Clay was incomplete. You have to have control before the ball touches the ground. I had no problem with the Hewitt call. His foot was off the ground before he had the ball all the way in.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 12:07 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It was more of a catch than Golden Tate's TD.

Looked to me like they got both the Clay and Hewitt calls correct based on replay. The Jones catch was odd to me, because Gilmore was adamant that the ball hit the ground, but Rex didn't move.

I'll have to try and look at the A22 on slo-mo and see what the Jones play looked like to tell if a challenge would've had any chance.

(10-20-2015, 02:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hey it just takes more than talented players to make a successful team.

What makes Buffalo any different than any other loaded team that's underachieving.

From what I've heard and read seems like some dissension from within regardless of injuries.

That usually is a recipe for disaster and Rex is the "kitchen nightmare" in those situations.

We shall see.

Rex was talking about changing things up with regard to his pressure packages...as most Bills' fans can tell, he's scheming to make opposing QBs throw quickly.

Nuts to that I say; let the DL go after people. That's what they do best.

If Rex is true to his word, we should start to see more of that.

We shall see indeed.
(10-20-2015, 02:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a catch. The ball is allowed to touch the ground if you have control of it.

The Bills TE was incorrectly given credit for a catch early in the game though.

Clay had his hands under the ball from what I could tell.

I don't know about the Jones catch, as I've only seen the still shot (didn't show a replay in the stadium).

(10-20-2015, 02:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Clay was incomplete. You have to have control before the ball touches the ground. I had no problem with the Hewitt call. His foot was off the ground before he had the ball all the way in.

Really looked like his hands were under the ball.

I have no idea how two officials got the Hewitt call wrong with how close they were standing to that play. I was on the opposite sideline and nearly everyone called it out immediately (versus the Clay play, where most of us thought it hit the ground in live action).
Reply/Quote
The Bills simply aren't on the same level as the Bengals.

I see a lot of blame from their fans on coaching, but I didn't see anything spectacular from the players. And blaming this loss on refs is hilarious.

Anyway. Just another feather in the undefeated Bengals' cap.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:48 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Most of the time, we get the fun kind of snow.

Last year, however, was the "there's no place left to pile this snow" type of snow.

Some guys are meant to be good play callers; to me, Jackson is that kind of guy.  One season as a HC and he's asking for total control over personnel?  Not my type.

Until we're watching the playoffs from home, I'll take your opinion with a massive grain of salt, since Buffalo is all of one game out of a playoff spot right now.

Just FYI, the offense doesn't rely on the QB getting in harm's way...that's only the case when you lose 3 of your best playmakers.

Forget about winning the division.  Never, ever gonna happen.  Maybe you have a shot at a WC but you've got some tough games ahead.  I see maybe 4 wins in the rest of your schedule, at most.

Your home field is meaningless. 

Mouth is already losing his locker room.  Soon, everything will be all about him, like it always is, if it's not there already.  Your battle is straight uphill.

And, if you're talking about the Jones catch, it is in the books as a catch, so it turns out it was a catch.

You guys are maybe where the Bengals were a few years ago.  The Bengals were murdered by injuries last year and still made the playoffs.   You guys still have a long way to go.

It only gets worse from here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The Bills simply aren't on the same level as the Bengals.

I see a lot of blame from their fans on coaching, but I didn't see anything spectacular from the players. And blaming this loss on refs is hilarious.

Anyway. Just another feather in the undefeated Bengals' cap.

I'd love to know who's blaming the refs for a loss.

I'd also like to ask who you were expecting spectacular plays from with the starting QB, top 2 WRs, and only other speed WR out? Probably shady, who actually looked really good.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: Forget about winning the division.  Never, ever gonna happen.  Maybe you have a shot at a WC but you've got some tough games ahead.  I see maybe 4 wins in the rest of your schedule, at most.

Your home field is meaningless. 

Mouth is already losing his locker room.  Soon, everything will be all about him, like it always is, if it's not there already.  Your battle is straight uphill.

And, if you're talking about the Jones catch, it is in the books as a catch, so it turns out it was a catch.

You guys are maybe where the Bengals were a few years ago.  The Bengals were murdered by injuries last year and still made the playoffs.   You guys still have a long way to go.

It only gets worse from here.
 Thanks...now I don't need to watch!

Or maybe I'll just assume you aren't clairvoyant and watch my team that's all of one game out of a playoff spot compete.

Yeah, I'll do that instead.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:50 PM)thebandit27 Wrote:  Thanks...now I don't need to watch!

Or maybe I'll just assume you aren't clairvoyant and watch my team that's all of one game out of a playoff spot compete.

Yeah, I'll do that instead.

Okay, Arrogant-o.

You don't think we recognize where you are now?  Ask any Bengal fan.  We were there, spent too much time there.  Your team is not ready.  Period. 

You've got way too much obstacle in front of you, too many teams you won't beat on your schedule.  You can't even win at home.

You were kinda smug about your chances Sunday.

I said you couldn't play a 60 minute game with the Bengals and I was right.  I said you had to play a perfect game and I was right.  I wondered if you could and I was right.  I said if you couldn't beat the Giants, you couldn't beat the Bengals and I was right.   We said the Bengals were a better team and would win and we were right.

Why would you listen to us?  We obviously don't know what the hell we're talking about.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:02 PM)IMcC Wrote: Okay, Arrogant-o.

You don't think we recognize where you are now?  Ask any Bengal fan.  We were there, spent too much time there.  Your team is not ready.  Period. 

You've got way too much obstacle in front of you, too many teams you won't beat on your schedule.  You can't even win at home.

You were kinda smug about your chances Sunday.

I said you couldn't play a 60 minute game with the Bengals and I was right.  I said you had to play a perfect game and I was right.  I wondered if you could and I was right.  I said if you couldn't beat the Giants, you couldn't beat the Bengals and I was right.   We said the Bengals were a better team and would win and we were right.

Why would you listen to us?  We obviously don't know what the hell we're talking about.

I was smug? That's rich.

Go look at our respective posts to each other, and be honest with yourself...I'm not the one that was smug.

And please don't assume to lecture me about the cycle of team-building. I've been a season ticket holder for 28 years; I've seen my team go from 2-14 to on the cusp to perennial Super Bowl contender and everywhere in between.

This thread has run its course, and was fun while quality discussion was happening.

Be well everyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:49 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: I'd love to know who's blaming the refs for a loss.

I'd also like to ask who you were expecting spectacular plays from with the starting QB, top 2 WRs, and only other speed WR out? Probably shady, who actually looked really good.

Check out the Bills' SB nation and read some of the comments.

How does any of that rebut what I said? My point was that Buffalo fans all over the web are blaming the loss on coaching when in fact, the player performances were not up to par, either.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:04 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: I was smug? That's rich.

You were. Coming in here and telling everybody right off the bat that you're here to "educate" us about how awesome your team is, and chastising us over our posts for not "knowing" how all your players are totally kick-ass; that's pretty smug.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:20 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Check out the Bills' SB nation and read some of the comments.

How does any of that rebut what I said? My point was that Buffalo fans all over the web are blaming the loss on coaching when in fact, the player performances were not up to par, either.

Like I said, there's a reason that twobillsdrive is the best and only message board for Bills talk.

Nobody on our board is blaming officiating 

As to coaching, a lot of Bills fans are unhappy with the defensive scheme that isn't allowing the front 4 to attack the way they did last season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:24 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Like I said, there's a reason that twobillsdrive is the best and only message board for Bills talk.

Nobody on our board is blaming officiating 

As to coaching, a lot of Bills fans are unhappy with the defensive scheme that isn't allowing the front 4 to attack the way they did last season.

Forget attacking.  Hows about they don't get split open like a hard boiled egg by our O-line?

I thought Moses was blocking for our RB there for a second.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You were. Coming in here and telling everybody right off the bat that you're here to "educate" us about how awesome your team is, and chastising us over our posts for not "knowing" how all your players are totally kick-ass; that's pretty smug.

Wow.

Okay.

I guess you folks aren't used to other teams' fans popping in to discuss football.

On our board, opposing teams fans come and give insight about their teams. It's not trash talk, it's not smugness, and it's rarely taken that way.

Perhaps you've dealt with some idiot fans in the past; I don't know.

I truly can't understand how anyone would read my posts as "our team is perfect", but then again, here are a lot of things in this world I don't understand (like how anyone enjoys network television).

I enjoy discussing the game with other fans. Perhaps I'm guilty of assuming you folks had any interest in doing the same.

Forgive me all...I won't let the door hit me.
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone so rude to the friendly Bills fan? You guys are treating him like coltsfan. Stahpit.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why is everyone so rude to the friendly Bills fan?  You guys are treating him like coltsfan.  Stahpit.

Yeah. It's unfortunate when an opponents fan comes in, tries to engage in some debate and gets treated like the mega-trolls that have shown up in the past. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:30 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: I guess you folks aren't used to other teams' fans popping in to discuss football.Wow.

Okay.

On our board, opposing teams fans come and give insight about their teams. It's not trash talk, it's not smugness, and it's rarely taken that way.

Perhaps you've dealt with some idiot fans in the past; I don't know.

I truly can't understand how anyone would read my posts as "our team is perfect", but then again, here are a lot of things in this world I don't understand (like how anyone enjoys network television).

I enjoy discussing the game with other fans. Perhaps I'm guilty of assuming you folks had any interest in doing the same.

Forgive me all...I won't let the door hit me.

No, but you're gulity of generalizing.  There have been many fans here who tried to engage you on a civil level, so stop painting us all with the same brush and acting like we're a bunch of rubes that have never met an opposing fan.  We have a steady group of Ravens and Steelers fans whom are members, so we can handle the trash talk.  We treat them like members of the community and interact with them daily on all manner of topics.  

Yeah, you're geting smacked a bit now, but it looks to me like you're giving as good as you're getting in that regard.  You showed up after a loss, and that's more than some would do. 

And, you're not going anywhere.  People can't quit us LOL

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote