Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bills and Chiefs
(01-23-2022, 04:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I  know if we had negative reputation points I would get plenty. But, I am hoping for an injury-filled Bills vs Chiefs contest with hopefully both QB's going down.  

Please no hate mail. 

I'm betting that a lot of people here are quietly thinking the same thing.Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I  know if we had negative reputation points I would get plenty. But, I am hoping for an injury-filled Bills vs Chiefs contest with hopefully both QB's going down.  

Please no hate mail. 

Don't rattle the football gods.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:47 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm betting that a lot of people here are quietly thinking the same thing.Hmm

No, not really. I want a real win with no asterisks. 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:41 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'd rather play the Bills. The Bills can be hot or cold. The Chiefs seem to be hot all the time. Either way we will have a tough game next week to get to the Super Bowl.

(01-23-2022, 04:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’d rather play the Bills as if we were to lose I am okay cheering them on to win their first super bowl.

Also in a sense Tannenhill is kind of like a crappy Josh Allen. Good arm, good legs so it was almost like getting a little scouting game off on him before we’d have to play him.

I would rather play the Bills. Plus it is closer to me, so I may be able to make it... only a 6-hour drive one way versus my 9-hour trip to Cincinnati. And Belicheck beat the Bills with 4 passes earlier this year.  I do not think the Bills offense can hang with Burrow + our WRs.

(01-23-2022, 04:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I want the Chiefs. Their D isn’t as good as Buffalo. Plus we already played them once. Joe has been money the 2nd time seeing a defense this year. Scored on our first 4 possessions in each rematch. Chiefs may be looked at as the favorite but in reality they should be 3rd on the list of AFC teams left.

Isn't it supposed to be harder to win 2x over the same team? And the Chiefs kinda got screwed at the end of the game which we won. I don't know about winning a rematch in KC.

I don't know it is a tough call to make. I originally wanted to play the Raiders... but the more I thought about how they match up with Waller and Crosby... I think the Patriots would have been the easier team to beat.
Reply/Quote
It's a pick your poison thing but I'm still sticking with wanting to play the Bills. I don't want Arrowhead in a rematch. Btw, Lapham said he thought the Bengals might be better off going against the Chiefs because of a better Bills' defense. I still say give me Buffalo . The awful Steelers won in Buffalo this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How many curses you think they wished on the Reds?  Probably the second best team in MLB in ‘75 and ‘76 and they don’t even get to go to the playoffs.

I was one of those Dodger fans wishing curses on the Reds.  True, the curses were slow to take hold, but they have been working now for many years LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No, not really. I want a real win with no asterisks. 
Too late. We already have one because of "The Whistle'. Ninja

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd like to play the bills too, not because they are easy, but because they are tough. Also good to beat more different teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Too late. We already have one because of "The Whistle'. Ninja

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Outside of Raiders fans, the rest of the football world seems to have moved on, thankfully.  Raiders fans don't give up their perceived slights so easily, though.  I saw several of them last week lumping in the whistle play with what they referred to as "The Immaculate Deception."  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:55 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I would rather play the Bills. Plus it is closer to me, so I may be able to make it... only a 6-hour drive one way versus my 9-hour trip to Cincinnati. And Belicheck beat the Bills with 4 passes earlier this year.  I do not think the Bills offense can hang with Burrow + our WRs.

Isn't it supposed to be harder to win 2x over the same team? And the Chiefs kinda got screwed at the end of the game which we won. I don't know about winning a rematch in KC.

I don't know it is a tough call to make. I originally wanted to play the Raiders... but the more I thought about how they match up with Waller and Crosby... I think the Patriots would have been the easier team to beat.

We are 3-0 in rematch games where Burrow played this year. Scored on first 4 possessions in each rematch. Conventional wisdom says it’s harder to beat teams a 2nd time. I’d say this team has proven the opposite to be true this year. It’s hard to beat Burrow once he’s seen your defense in person.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'd like to play the bills too, not because they are easy, but because they are tough. Also good to beat more different teams.

We choose to go to the moon ...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We choose to go to the moon ...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard

And the great line before that:

Why does Rice play Texas? 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How many curses you think they wished on the Reds?  Probably the second best team in MLB in ‘75 and ‘76 and they don’t even get to go to the playoffs.

LA wasn't on my radar in 76 since I was in Darby Montana in Jobcorps that year. Most of the other guys were from around the NY area and big time Yankee fans. I risked life and limb rubbing it in for two months.. LOL when I learned Reds and Yanks were playing I KNEW we had it in the bag.. I forget how many cigarettes were owed to me.. Me and the rest of my dorm had the cigarette black market sewn up that year..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'd like to play the bills too, not because they are easy, but because they are tough. Also good to beat more different teams.

Well, they are certainly tough. Number 1 scoring defense in the league and number one passing defense in terms of yards allowed. And the temperature will be freezing and the Bills fans are fanatics. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, they are certainly tough. Number 1 scoring defense in the league and number one passing defense in terms of yards allowed. And the temperature will be freezing and the Bills fans are fanatics. 

Freezer Bowl II
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No, not really. I want a real win with no asterisks. 

They don’t put asterisks. Steelers beat the Bengals backup QB twice in the playoffs. No asterisks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I’m all in for the Bills. Beat them right in front of their obnoxious fans.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
IM going Mahommes. Josh Allen is likely due for a breakout year soon but Mahommes and the Chiefs are healthier
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m all in for the Bills. Beat them right in front of their obnoxious fans.

Seconded. 
Reply/Quote
Ballsy call pays off.
Reply/Quote