Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bills fan(s) wishing Bengals and Bengals fans good luck on Sunday
Thumbs Up 
I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

The similarities between cities/teams are simple to understand:

1. Small Market team with a bully in the division they must contend with every year (Steelers and Ravens, to a lesser extent)
2. Fans that live and breathe football
3. Great local joints and food – I loved the few places I visited – Knockback Nats and O’Malleys in the Alley. I was forced to get Gold Star Chili cause Skyline was closed on Sundays for some reason ?
4. The pain of losing for different ways for so long. I’m still angry about the Bengals 2016 Playoff game against the Steelers.
5. Genuinely nice people – seriously – your tailgate was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed with open arms, and I played the biggest and most entertaining game of flip cup I’ve ever seen.
6. A climate where it can still be cold and depressing in April

This yahoo article that got to me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-ex-cris-collinsworth-110000621.html

I usually go to 1 away game every year but I might have to make an exception and go to 2 next year to see an Allen/Burrow face off.
Anyway, I’m talking too much. Again, I wish you good luck on Sunday. The Rams are not the villain usually found in the other side of these Superbowls, but very few people in LA care about the Rams and their “fans” assault visiting teams’ fans, so the heck with them. Go beat LA.
Reply/Quote
Gotta say, Bills-Bengals is a budding romance after the Bengals beat th eRavens to send the Bills into the playoffs a couple years ago and Bills fans thanked the Bengals by donating to Dalton's charity.

So, welcome, Billsguy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thanks, bills fan. Love you.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks! Bills are alright by me. Great fans, and a really good team!
Reply/Quote
One of the greatest moments this team had during the march through the 2016-2020 playoff desert was the New Year's Eve 2017 game that killed the Ravens playoff chances and helped Buffalo into the WC round. I envied your fans the outpouring of joy you were feeling that night. This past month we finally got to celebrate like that when our own playoff winning drought ended.

Next year let's settle the AFC between us and leave Patty and the delusional Chiefs fans out of the equation ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

1. Small Market team with a bully in the division they must contend with every year (Steelers and Ravens, to a lesser extent)
3. Great local joints and food – I loved the few places I visited – Knockback Nats and O’Malleys in the Alley. I was forced to get Gold Star Chili cause Skyline was closed on Sundays for some reason ?
4. The pain of losing for different ways for so long. I’m still angry about the Bengals 2016 Playoff game against the Steelers.
5. Genuinely nice people – seriously – your tailgate was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed with open arms, and I played the biggest and most entertaining game of flip cup I’ve ever seen.

This yahoo article that got to me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-ex-cris-collinsworth-110000621.html

I usually go to 1 away game every year but I might have to make an exception and go to 2 next year to see an Allen/Burrow face off.
Anyway, I’m talking too much. Again, I wish you good luck on Sunday. The Rams are not the villain usually found in the other side of these Superbowls, but very few people in LA care about the Rams and their “fans” assault visiting teams’ fans, so the heck with them. Go beat LA.

The Allen/Burrow matchup will be a fun one. I’d be stoked if that developed into a yearly inter-divisional rivalry a la Brady and Manning for so many years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

Thanks. This is cool as the Bills are my 2nd favorite team, always liked your guys helmets and I really liked Jim Kelly, Thurman
Thomas and Bruce Smith back in the day. Was rooting for you guys against the Chiefs of course and thought you would win as 
I thought you were the better team. Too bad your Defense didn't show up in the 2nd half like ours did against Mahomes.

I am from Wyoming so I am a big Josh Allen fan and our other rep is here in Logan Wilson our main Linebacker.

Anyways, thanks again and I bet we have some great games coming up between us in the future. Gonna be a blast! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Man, I wonder which fan of a different team is going to make a thread in jungle noise next.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, I wonder which fan of a different team is going to make a thread in jungle noise next.

100-1 odds it's a Jaguars fan. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 100-1 odds it's a Jaguars fan. Ninja

HI!  I'm a fan of the Sweedish Full Contact Tiddlywinks team, and I just wanted to say that I'm over the moon that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl!

I jest, but every team in the AFC should hate us if we are as good as we look like we will be.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HI!  I'm a fan of the Sweedish Full Contact Tiddlywinks team, and I just wanted to say that I'm over the moon that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl!

Oh man, if fans of other sports start coming in here ... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, I wonder which fan of a different team is going to make a thread in jungle noise next.

C'mon Coltsfan4ever! (crosses fingers) 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Love the Bills, thanks for the support!!!
Reply/Quote
Thanks! The Bills have such a great fanbase. You guys are truly awesome.
Reply/Quote
Respect, Bills Maf. I appreciate the brother/sisterhood of our fanbases, even if I do kind of suspect it's going to be challenged in the near future by the Burrow/Allen wars.

If it isn't us in the AFC I am okay with Buffalo. No fanbase should have to experience what y'all experienced in the early '90s (even if it was largely a great success).
Reply/Quote
Best part of New York is Buffalo. They get a bad rap from the big apple.
Reply/Quote
Thanks

And I don't mind the Bills unless we're playing them. You guys have a great team and I'd say you're not done making noise.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Best part of New York is Buffalo. They get a bad rap from the big apple.

That's definitely a perspective on the state of NY you don't hear every day.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Best part of New York is Buffalo. They get a bad rap from the big apple.

Totally agree.  And I love the Finger Lakes.  Beautiful country and really good wine reasonably priced.  
Reply/Quote

Man I remember the Bills from the old AFL days.  Jack Kemp.  Cookie Gilchrist.  And the greatest name in the history of sports, Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, who had the game to back up the name.  In the 1964 season he averaged an absolutely sick 27.1 yards on 42 receptions.  
Reply/Quote