Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bills hired a Female Quality Control Coach--Why can't Bengals do the Same?
I'm thinking a Quality Control coach watches tape and looks for tendencies, etc. I don't see why a woman can't do that. Marvin mentioned possibly hiring an Offensive Line Quality Control Coach. I would love if they followed the Bill's example and hired a female.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the best person for the job available is a woman, have at it.

Don't hire a female just to have one on the staff. It's shallow and obviously a PR move at that point.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm thinking a Quality Control coach watches tape and looks for tendencies, etc.  I don't see why a woman can't do that.  Marvin mentioned possibly hiring an Offensive Line Quality Control Coach.  I would love if they followed the Bill's example and hired a female.

Uhhh...'cause she's a girl. Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm thinking a Quality Control coach watches tape and looks for tendencies, etc.  I don't see why a woman can't do that.  Marvin mentioned possibly hiring an Offensive Line Quality Control Coach.  I would love if they followed the Bill's example and hired a female.

I think this is a great idea.  I'm sure a woman could do just as good a job as a man plus she could also do a little cleaning up around the offices and maybe bake some cookies for the staff.
Reply/Quote
football players love sandwiches I'm guessing, so this is a win win for everyone.
Reply/Quote
Let me now give a serious answer. I think it will be harder to find qulified women football coaches simply because very fgew women play football. The best run franchise in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs, hired a female assistant coach and everyone seems to agree she is very ood at her job. But she played professional basketball for years.

I know that some of the better coaches in the NFL never played professional football, but they all played at least on the college level. And I am not saying bthere are NO women qualified to be NFL coaches, I am just saying that it will be harder to find one than in other sports where women are more likely to play.
Reply/Quote
Pro sports has a lot of statistical analysis that I think anyone should be able to work, even on the sidelines. I don't think those Surfaces are providing the type of analysis that only a human can ascertain, programming is not there yet. I would presume at this time though the device should be able to tell you if you should take a timeout here or not...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It would be interesting to see the Bengals do it.
However, the Bills hiring was because the lady has been doing it for several years already, so they just gave her the title she deserved.
There was also Jen Welter, the Cardinals LB coach last year.
So over the course of the next 5 years it wouldn't surprise me to see half of the teams with a woman on their coaching staff somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think this is a great idea.  I'm sure a woman could do just as good a job as a man plus she could also do a little cleaning up around the offices and maybe bake some cookies for the staff.

Are you saying men can't bake cookies?   Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me now give a serious answer.  I think it will be harder to find qulified women football coaches simply because very fgew women play football.  The best run franchise in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs, hired a female assistant coach and everyone seems to agree she is very ood at her job.  But she played professional basketball for years.

I know that some of the better coaches in the NFL never played professional football, but they all played at least on the college level.  And I am not saying bthere are NO women qualified to be NFL coaches,  I am just saying that it will be harder to find one than in other sports where women are more likely to play.

I can see your point.  But if a woman is trained as an analyst, I don't see why she couldn't do this for an NFL team.  I believe the "quality control" positions are basically analyst positions.  They watch tape, look for trends, and make an analysis.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me now give a serious answer. 

fredtoast, are you going to qualify all of your posts now ?

example - this post is serious, this post is outlandish, this post is sarcastic.

:jk:
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 12:50 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: fredtoast, are you going to qualify all of your posts now ?

example - this post is serious, this post is outlandish, this post is sarcastic.

Yes, absolutely

Reply/Quote
Maybe when Katie is in complete control we'll see that. Its always seemed though that Marvin is an equal opportunity guy so if a woman is the best option for a position she'll get it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me now give a serious answer.  I think it will be harder to find qulified women football coaches simply because very fgew women play football.  The best run franchise in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs, hired a female assistant coach and everyone seems to agree she is very ood at her job.  But she played professional basketball for years.

I know that some of the better coaches in the NFL never played professional football, but they all played at least on the college level.  And I am not saying bthere are NO women qualified to be NFL coaches,  I am just saying that it will be harder to find one than in other sports where women are more likely to play.

This is correct.
North America created a divide in sport between men and women.  It is biggest in football.  This 'sports is a man thing' is not as strong in other countries.
Since women see it as a man only thing here, there are less women that get fully involved, ie. spending the time to examine strategies and questions what should have been done or not.

Best person for the job should get it.  But there just aren't that many women in this field Sad.
Reply/Quote

How female coaches are actually out there looking for jobs?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: How female coaches are actually out there looking for jobs?

Not many, but this could be the beginning.  
Reply/Quote
[Image: rbyeimJ.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm thinking a Quality Control coach watches tape and looks for tendencies, etc. I don't see why a woman can't do that. Marvin mentioned possibly hiring an Offensive Line Quality Control Coach. I would love if they followed the Bill's example and hired a female.

um what Female did you have in mind...

Im not against it at all but i am against hiring a female just for the sake of hiring a female...

but if she has proven herself in the college ranks and has some experience at what she would be hired for and there is no one else more qualified available then sure hire her.

But im all for the best Man/woman having the job thats equality. But hiring for the sake of Hiring or to hit a quota(of gender or ethnicity) is bad for almost every business.

and frankly there arent a lot of women with football experience past junior high.

We Already have a Lady in the Front office controlling all contract negotiations. im not sure how many other organizations have something close to that.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: um what Female did you have in mind...  

Im not against it at all but i am against hiring a female just for the sake of hiring a female...  

The lady the Bills just hired has been working for NFL teams since '03, and none of us knew her name.  So just because I canm not name a qualified woman does not mean there are none out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The lady the Bills just hired has been working for NFL teams since '03, and none of us knew her name.  So just because I canm not name a qualified woman does not mean there are none out there.

Need for find some of the Semi-Pro football ladies. i though munoz helped run a team somewhere. although i could be mistaking on munoz but it was someone formally with the bengals.
Reply/Quote