Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bills hired a Female Quality Control Coach--Why can't Bengals do the Same?
(01-23-2016, 01:21 AM)jowczarski Wrote: A simple answer to the simple question posed above: The woman hired in Buffalo worked for Rex Ryan for eight years to just get this shot. By example, the offensive QC the Bengals just hired coached some high school football but was in the private sector (not sure what he was doing there, though, i.e. stats, analysis, medical stuff, etc.). Let's be real - you have to have a working knowledge of football to be a quality control person. Yes, it's entry level. Yes, it's "grunt work." So this has more to do with the fact there is a much shallower pool of qualified female coaches in football than in other sports. You don't just do to do - you do to win. And yes, QC's help the position coaches win (ideally). QC's also tend to have personal relationships with the head coach and/or coordinators. So, combine that with a shallow pool of talent .. it'll take awhile before more qualified women can get these jobs because that means more women have to be working in the college and high school levels.

Jim, Do our QC's run the scout teams in practice? I heard some teams do that because all the coordinators and position coaches are wroking with the starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: gettyimages-482795636.jpg?w=1280] 
WTF is she doing?

With the way she's holding her hand and where she's looking, i think you know...

I could do some MSPaint magic, but this is a family board. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats like asking Army pogs to go be DIs and make Marines. Fail as ****. I dont care how politically correct you want to be. Men and women have differences. People are not all the same. Accept it and move on.

Right. Army pogs have way too many brain cells. It'd confuse those poor recruits. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:20 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If the best person for the job available is a woman, have at it.

Don't hire a female just to have one on the staff. It's shallow and obviously a PR move at that point.

Exactly, it is like voting for someone cause they are white or black just because of their race.

Thats racist, this is sexist.
Reply/Quote