Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization'
(01-11-2020, 03:38 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He respects it so much, I'll bet that he wishes that 31 teams ran their organization in the same way!
The fact that tax payer money is used in Hamilton County to fund Mr. Bedinghaus's and Mr. Brown's salaries is fraud.  

What is your end game with this sig?

Do you realize Mike Brown controls this NFL franchise and not the city of Cincy or Hamilton County??

Point being is MB can move once the lease is up to another city leaving us with no NFL team. What do fans who live in the area gain if that happens?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 03:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What is your end game with this sig?

Do you realize Mike Brown controls this NFL franchise and not the city of Cincy or Hamilton County??

Point being is MB can move once the lease is up to another city leaving us with no NFL team. What do fans who live in the area gain if that happens?

Mike Brown should be forced to sell the team because he's unfit to be an owner. The same thing happened to the Los Angeles Clippers when their owner was deemed too crazy and unfit to own the team, and he was forced to sell it to a new owner. 

Mike Brown was given one billion dollars by Hamilton county tax payers for the stadium, its upgrades, and maintenance. That is far more money than Mike Brown has ever spent out of his own wealth. I would bet that Mike Brown has not spent 100 million of his personal money on the team.  Salaries and other expenditures come out of the team revenue. I'm talking straight out of his miserly pockets; Money from his personal bank account.

Mike Brown has looted the Hamilton county tax payers and built a pathetic front office where most of them are Mike Brown family members. 

The Hamilton county taxpayers should file a class action lawsuit claiming ownership of the team since they have spent, by far, the most money to fund the team. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I only made it to your response and I figured everything after yours would follow suit so I just went ahead and replied to yours.  I do not mean for any of what follows to sound like a personal attack, but just a counterpoint to the general "Mike Brown sucks" and how the team will never win a Super Bowl rhetoric:

Friends, the Brown family is frugal, yes.  But they have not, in recent memory, offered a very competitive contract to any player that was a solid piece of their franchise unless that player was nearing the end of their career and they had already drafted a replacement. (Whit).  The money they have offered those players has been fair, and unlike many teams, they honor that contract the vast majority of the time...FAR more than the average NFL team.  If I am a player, I would have great appreciation for the team that actually paid me the escalated contract value (something they actually tend to avoid in design) at the end of the contract, instead of releasing the player to avoid paying the dollars that made the contract seem large in the first place.  

Does anyone think Gio is worth what they are paying him?  You could say it is how he is being utilized, but any other team would have moved on by now.  So, if you are going to cry cheap, you have to give credit here.

Where the Bengals got a lot of insults over their frugality stemmed from things like only having tiny locker room towels.  Esiason made a famous gesture of buying towels for the team that were actually big enough to cover a big man.  And in typical Boomer fashion, he made that information public.  This frugality stemmed from a different era.  Paul Brown coached in an era where players didn't wear earrings, they made what a good business man could make, and they never questioned anything because they were simply glad to be in the league.  The Bengals carried that "don't baby these guys, make them tough" mentality in to an era where owners like Mark Cuban had special lounges for players to hang out, sleep, play video games, etc before games.  I can't say that I agree with how the Bengals were handling things, but I understand it.  That has changed over the years.  They now have nutritionists, better food service, recovery drinks (fresh smoothies with protein and creatine, etc).  

The Bengals also don't have a mega-stadium.  They have a below-average venue.  I think some fans hate the Brown family for what they see in Dallas, Minnesota, and the pending stadium in Las Vegas.  However, look at the area between the stadiums.  Anyone around to see what it was like when they played at Riverfront?  Think the downtown has done a bit better of late?  

And it isn't just the Bengals stadium being funded largely by taxpayers...the Reds were a part of the deal as well.  I guess since they actually won a championship in 1990 they get a pass.

I will likely get hammered for this entire post anyways, so why hold back on this opinion?  They Bengals should have won the Super Bowl in 2005, and perhaps even more likely, 2015.  That is twice in as many decades.  I am not saying they should get a pass for the playoff failures, but who doesn't think they had a really good chance if Palmer was there in 2005 and Dalton in 2015.  Love Peyton Manning, but that year the Bengals damn near beat Denver in Denver, in primetime, with McCarron as their QB.  

The Bengals were doing well since the 90s (where the only fun was a few years of a high-flying Blake to Pickens show) relative to the draft and having a competitive team on the field.  In the past five years, however, their draft picks were some pretty big failures:  Ogbuehi and Fisher set this team back, and Billy Price looks like a massive whiff.  It happens, but you can't deny that they were drafting pretty well in the Marvin Lewis era and had a really nice run of coaches as well.  I think last year's draft was a dud, but with the pending Burrow draft and what I see as a critical time to pay for their mistakes with a couple key free agent selections, the team could rebound quickly.  

I personally think a lot of the hate-fire stems from all these years without a playoff win.

I was mad, for the record, that Marv was retained over someone like Zimmer after the SD playoff loss, but I digress.

I believe the Reds stadium is more fun and has a better food/drink choice than PBS by far, but you can't blame the Bengals for spending the bulk of their money at PBS in the so-called Club Lounge.  They were trying to cater to businesses and not your average Joe Fan, and make more money from corporations than individuals.  It is largely a disappointment, though, since you can't see the field from the club lounge.  It is a nice venue, though... I traded seats once so my dad wouldn't be so cold at a game.  

You can say their failures in the draft of late have been to a minimalist scouting department, but they were actually drafting better when the scouting department was even smaller.  Their recent failures are well-documented, but I don't think it has to do with money.  Billy Price was a consensus first round pick, as was Ogbuehi.  There have been massive failures by other teams picking even earlier in the draft.  The difference seems to be other teams (afforded now by the rookie wage scale) will cut bait while the Bengals honor the contract and try to hold out hope the player can be developed.  Criticize that decision all you want, but it doesn't mean they are cheap.  They are likely listening to their coaches and hearing "we can win with this guy, but we need help here...".

Regardless, this post is not typed by a direct descendant of the Brown family.  I am a simple fan that sees the team for what it is and there has been a lot of bad fortune.  I don't put it all at the feet of the owners.  Some key injuries at bad times, and some poor draft choices have created the current spiral.  I think they will work very hard to rebound and I think it will first be seen with a couple key free agents prior to the draft.  

If I remember correctly, it was either the Reds or Bengals but one team had to buy their own sodas and paper pens.... Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 05:33 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Mike Brown should be forced to sell the team because he's unfit to be an owner. The same thing happened to the Los Angeles Clippers when their owner was deemed too crazy and unfit to own the team, and he was forced to sell it to a new owner. 

Mike Brown was given one billion dollars by Hamilton county tax payers for the stadium, its upgrades, and maintenance. That is far more money than Mike Brown has ever spent out of his own wealth. I would bet that Mike Brown has not spent 100 million of his personal money on the team.  Salaries and other expenditures come out of the team revenue. I'm talking straight out of his miserly pockets; Money from his personal bank account.

Mike Brown has looted the Hamilton county tax payers and built a pathetic front office where most of them are Mike Brown family members. 

The Hamilton county taxpayers should file a class action lawsuit claiming ownership of the team since they have spent, by far, the most money to fund the team. 

Like I said, the county and city signed the deals. Blame their stupidity versus whining about something that will never happen. MB schooled them in business, such is life and not on MB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 05:33 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Mike Brown should be forced to sell the team because he's unfit to be an owner. The same thing happened to the Los Angeles Clippers when their owner was deemed too crazy and unfit to own the team, and he was forced to sell it to a new owner. 

Um... Donald Sterling had a 20 something year old side piece that recorded his racist blathering. He was also a terrible human being. Mike Brown is just a buffoon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There is a lot of respect given to nepotistic plutocrats that I don't understand, but what do I know?
Reply/Quote
"Mike's a true professional.  When he gets handies he's a straight shooter."

[Image: th?id=OIP.As2wCqjV07lEJM2jxrAuSgHaJn&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 10:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sure hope you're right because if they put another clunker on the field next season (with their normal doing very little) it's going to be very, very, bad for the future of NFL football in Cincinnati.

Completely agree.  And I think this is a bit like the first year, post-palmer, where they brought in a new OC, had a great draft, and signed some key Free Agents.

He didn't work out (at all) but the Bengals signed Antonio Bryant in 2010, but had hits in Terrell Owens and Adam Jones.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 10:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They didn't make it out of the WC round thanks to Brady's 59.4 passer rating and pick six. Very Dalton-like. Brady is washed physically, and I'd be very interested to see how Dalton could perform on that team. I have a feeling people on here won't want to see that.

Imagine this city burning if the Burrow led Bengals were crushed in an AFC Championship game by the Dalton led Patriots
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 04:01 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Imagine this city burning if the Burrow led Bengals were crushed in an AFC Championship game by the Dalton led Patriots

If Joe Burrow gets this team to the AFC championship we should erect a statue of him outside PBS lol

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 04:01 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Imagine this city burning if the Burrow led Bengals were crushed in an AFC Championship game by the Dalton led Patriots

Not like hell be the first bengal to succeed with other teams. I doubt it will be traumatic.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Joe Burrow gets this team to the AFC championship we should erect a statue of him outside PBS lol

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSVTgiwIyAgjJvjpkzKa...Glr8bbB3Kt]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Joe Burrow gets this team to the AFC championship we should erect a statue of him outside PBS lol

If we get back to the AFC championship game there will be a lot of erections.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If we get back to the AFC championship game there will be a lot of erections.

So Joe will find a lot of junk tossed in his yard?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
lol i do laugh thinkin gof andy on the patriots owning the hell out of ufs any chance he gets. coincidentally, AJ Green would also be on that team.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If we get back to the AFC championship game there will be a lot of erections.

Well, it is an erection year.
Reply/Quote
So...a thread about Bill stroking Mike has led to erection talk. I guess it was inevitable.

[Image: giphy.gif]

LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So...a thread about Bill stroking Mike has led to erection talk. I guess it was inevitable.

[Image: giphy.gif]

LOL

I don't know why there is a scene in Ted 2 that has Mark Wahlberg strokin off Tom Brady, and why I watched it on YouTube today. I will nevre watch that full movie, but I did watch the full clip.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If it gets us picks back idc what Dalton does on another team. But tbh I also have feeling certain people wouldn’t want to see that...

Remember how it was going to all be different when we got an offensive minded coach?

I was speaking in general, not taking a veiled shot at you.

...and yeah I remember that, but I was assuming the "offensive minded" HC would be...ya know...decent.

Not one of the worst coaches we've ever seen. Whatever though, I'm sure that will be viewed as excuses in this never ending debate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Joe Burrow gets this team to the AFC championship we should erect a statue of him outside PBS lol

Hell rename the stadium, and maybe even 3rd St after him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote