Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billy Price up to 330 lbs...
....as per Lap on the Bengals TC report today.

Ok sure his arms haven't gotten longer and who knows if he's actually any better, but I would NOT be surprised to see him claim the starting RG job this year, for better or worse.
Reply/Quote
For some reason this made me think of that first pre-season game in 2018 when we were all talking about how fat Marvin Lewis had gotten.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Turner has said he wants linemen that are 315+, so looks like he’s doing what his coach wants. Best Oline might be XSF at LG and Price at RG if Jordan can’t learn to keep his pad level down.
Reply/Quote
Was size his big issue? What exactly made him so bad in his first few years?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 03:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Was size his big issue? What exactly made him so bad in his first few years?

I don't think it was size necessarily. Seemed more like technique, balance, arm length, or some combination thereof. Hoping maybe extra girth will mask those issues, but probably not. 

I guess I meant he'll win the spot more for a general lack of talent there than any improvement on his part. 

(I'm not an XSF believer)
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a breakout year. I think he wins the job and becomes a force.

I was down on him big time but being a young player and being hurt made him look really bad. If he is actually healthy he is going to exceed expectations.
Reply/Quote
I heard he was doing some MMA with Jay Glazer in the offseason. Also he went back to his Olympic discus workout routine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 03:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Was size his big issue? What exactly made him so bad in his first few years?

bad footwork...he sets up too far forward over his feet which puts him off balance the minute a d-lineman pushes against him...among other things

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to put on more weight out of college, then he ****** up his arm, allowing him less-time to bulk up, then got PF last year and the same thing happened.

Looks like he was FINALLY able to bulk up, if the above scenario is correct.

As I wrote a few weeks back; now he has no excuse, as he's healthy, put on weight and entrusted with the spot until X-Man is ready to go fully. If nothing comes of this year, he gone.

On IG, he looks the same as he always was.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I just want the guy to come out and be worthy of the 1st round pick they spent on him and hold down his spot on the line.

Be it size, health, footwork, technique, balance, whatever his issues are, it is time for him to step it up and play with a chip on his shoulder and just be pissed every single snap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 28271469c61ef49046f85e299bb5de9e.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At least they won't go thru him, they're going to have to go around him at that weight; that'll give Burrow a few more seconds. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Perhaps he'll finally put it all together ? Hope so
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 03:24 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I guess I meant he'll win the spot more for a general lack of talent there than any improvement on his part. 

(I'm not an XSF believer)

This is me.  John Miller got paid more than we gave Sua-Filo.

When we drafted Price I thought he may never be a Pro Bowl player like a lot of first round picks, but I figured he would at least be a solid starter for a few years. To me he was the biggest disappointment on a team full of disappointments last year.  He just looked bad last year.
Reply/Quote
He has beena disappointment based on his draft position.

But does that matter now? Not to me, if he can make the team and become a solid starter I would forget the past in a heartbeat.

I hope he surprises us all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is me.  John Miller got paid more than we gave Sua-Filo.

Which means absolutely nothing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Which means absolutely nothing.

It means that Miller had more value on the free agent market than Sua-Filo.  Which means NFL teams thought he was better.
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith also looked like a complete bust after two seasons. Then he transformed into a very good RT. So anything is possible.

With our lack of talent at OG anyone could win a starting job. Fred Johnson was an OG when he was with the Steelers. Bobby Hart was originally drafted to play OG for the Giants.

I don't care who wins the starting job. I just want the best players out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It means that Miller had more value on the free agent market than Sua-Filo.  Which means NFL teams thought he was better.

What they are paid in free agency doesnt mean anything. 

Just look at cornerback this year. Trae Waynes and James Bradberry both made more in free agency than Desmond Trufant and Chris Harris even though both Trufant and Harris have had better careers. Age is a factor with Harris but Trufant is only a year older than Waynes.

Teams pay just as much for potential and age as they do skill so using their contract to determine the skill of a player is wrong.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 05:55 PM)Synric Wrote: What they are paid in free agency doesnt mean anything. 

Just look at cornerback this year. Trae Waynes and James Bradberry both made more in free agency than Desmond Trufant and Chris Harris even though both Trufant and Harris have had better careers. Age is a factor with Harris but Trufant is only a year older than Waynes.

Teams pay just as much for potential and age as they do skill so using their contract to determine the skill of a player is wrong.

There is no real difference in the ages of Miller (26) and  Su'a-Filo (28).  Neither one is a green prospect with untapped potential or an old has-been.

But we can ignore what Miller got paid.  Just look t the fact that Xavier got cut by the Titans in 2018 and has been a back up ever since.
Reply/Quote