Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price is how we compete next year
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2745503-mr-ohio-state-senior-billy-price-is-the-embodiment-of-buckeye-state-mentality

Center from osu who scouts believe can play center or guard but better at center in nfl. Comes from a run first offense like the Bengals, and dominates anyone u put In Front of him. Former dlineman as well so he knows what they try to do. Amazing athletically for a center, hell pull 15 yards down field. I know it's the wrong section but our first round pick if Derwin James is gone in a trade down.
Reply/Quote
I don't agree or disagree on Ohio State center, but Mike Brown and Family need to start appreciating O Linemen if we are ever going to win. Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg should have showed this family what a great O Line can do in the 1980's. Myself, I would use a top pick on a top Left Tackle since Ogbuehi and others stink so bad at left tackle. I think the book on Ogbuehi was to put him at right tackle in the NFL anyway. Odds are we will have a pick in the upper part of the draft, and with Whitworth gone, we STINK at Left Tackle. I doubt there is an Anthony Munoz in the draft but we must try to get the closet player to a Munoz i the draft at Left Tackle. .....I do agree that much improvement needed at guard and center and no guarantee Ogbhuehi or Fisher can play right tackle. Those may be wasted awful top draft picks. Brown Family needs to get their heads out of their rear ends and stop drafting all these finesse players and get some blockers in here this 2018 draft.

As a rule, Top Left Tackles go early, and we NEED left tackle BAD....and it's not unusual to find the best center or guard still on the board early in round 2. ....and already Bengal Fans will be moaning at the idea of picks 1 AND 2 on O Line...but people....our O Line STINKS....and I would use the first 5 picks on O Line if I thought we would end up with 5 guys that can play O Line in 2018. We have the worst blocking in the NFL and I would not hesitate to draft across the board to replace the stiffs we have.

So I'll go with your Ohio State center in round 2, if he is the best and if he is still on the board. Of course we could use a top guard to replace Zeitler, and that would be a good pick in 2 also....Maybe we get an extra 2 for McCarron and we can draft Left Tackle in 1, and a center and a guard in 2, because looking at the 2017 O Line, we can use all the help we can get. Of course the average Bengal Fan will want finesse players here like Mike Brown and we will stay weak in the trenches and no chance for play-off wins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:14 AM)kevin Wrote: I will not agree or disagree on Ohio State center .....I do agree we have HUGE offensive line needs and it's time Mike Brown and Family get their head out of their rear end and wake up to the fact that you can not win unless you have a great O Line such as the one Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg built in 1980's. Stop drafting all finesse players and rebuild the O Line. So far Ogbuehi and Fisher aren't cutting the mustard and they may have been lousy draft picks. Much improvement needed at center and guard.

I think I would be tempted to take a left tackle early in hopes that Ogbuehi or Fisher might be able to play right tackle, but they stink at left tackle. Of course you have to pay top money to a top pick left tackle, and I'm sure that will make Mike Browns rear end pucker up.

I'd be willing to let it go another year for a left tackle. U can't have 4 sometimes 5 holes on the oline. If ur just lacking at the tackle spots ur guards can help out with the tackles. But if ur guards suck as well ur screwed. We need to solidify the interior oline and work from there to the tackles. It can't be fixed in one year. So u got 2 options. Take Billy price in the first, sign Andrew norwell for about 7-8 million at rg and take a left/right tackle in the second(brown/Rankin/Williams). I personally prefer option 2 which is take Billy price in the first, then best guard in draft if he's still avaliable in will hernandez and in the third take a jamarco Jones/okafor at tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'd be willing to let it go another year for a left tackle. U can't have 4 sometimes 5 holes on the oline. If ur just lacking at the tackle spots ur guards can help out with the tackles. But if ur guards suck as well ur screwed. We need to solidify the interior oline and work from there to the tackles. It can't be fixed in one year. So u got 2 options. Take Billy price in the first, sign Andrew norwell for about 7-8 million at rg and take a left/right tackle in the second(brown/Rankin/Williams). I personally prefer option 2 which is take Billy price in the first, then best guard in draft if he's still avaliable in will hernandez and in the third take a jamarco Jones/okafor at tackle.

If you take a center in round one, he better be the next Jim Otto.  I don't disagree we need a center, but centers can be had in round 2.  The top Left Tackles are gone early in 1.  There is NO WAY we can let Left Tackle go another year.  No Way....Whitworth gone and the Ogbuehi or Fisher experiment has failed....Draft a left tackle and hopefully one of these stiffs Og or Fish can play right tackle. ...and get some guards and center in rounds 2 and 3. ......If Mike Brown didn't pay Whitworth or Zeitler, you are dreaming to think same Mike Brown will sign a high priced free agent Left Tackle, you are dreaming....It's easy for you to say let left tackle go another year, you aren't Andy Dalton getting slammed into the ground every play....and for what an NFL QB gets paid, that's another reason not to let left tackle slide another year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They've trotted out Bodine for many, many years with very little competition...why do we think they will try to upgrade this position again?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:51 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They've trotted out Bodine for many, many years with very little competition...why do we think they will try to upgrade this position again?

The only hope is a coaching change.

Reply/Quote
meanwhile the Vikings n Pats have upgraded their oline n have nothing but undrafted wrs on their team. for the most part. while the Bengals keep drafting them early. fml
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:47 AM)kevin Wrote: If you take a center in round one, he better be the next Jim Otto.  I don't disagree we need a center, but centers can be had in round 2.  The top Left Tackles are gone early in 1.  There is NO WAY we can let Left Tackle go another year.  No Way....Whitworth gone and the Ogbuehi or Fisher experiment has failed....Draft a left tackle and hopefully one of these stiffs Og or Fish can play right tackle. ...and get some guards and center in rounds 2 and 3. ......If Mike Brown didn't pay Whitworth or Zeitler, you are dreaming to think same Mike Brown will sign a high priced free agent Left Tackle, you are dreaming....It's easy for you to say let left tackle go another year, you aren't Andy Dalton getting slammed into the ground every play....and for what an NFL QB gets paid, that's another reason not to let left tackle slide another year.
The problem.is there is no top left tackle in this draft. Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'd be willing to let it go another year for a left tackle. U can't have 4 sometimes 5 holes on the oline. If ur just lacking at the tackle spots ur guards can help out with the tackles. But if ur guards suck as well ur screwed. We need to solidify the interior oline and work from there to the tackles. It can't be fixed in one year. So u got 2 options. Take Billy price in the first, sign Andrew norwell for about 7-8 million at rg and take a left/right tackle in the second(brown/Rankin/Williams). I personally prefer option 2 which is take Billy price in the first, then best guard in draft if he's still avaliable in will hernandez and in the third take a jamarco Jones/okafor at tackle.

I think that's where I'm at too. I doubt the Bengals pay premium money on a Tackle in free agency...so it becomes about getting a Guard and Center.
Reply/Quote
We'll take a tight end or an injured cornerback that'll sit on the bench for five years.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Mcglichey is pretty damn good..worthy of high pick.. 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:14 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't agree or disagree on Ohio State center, but Mike Brown and Family need to start appreciating O Linemen if we are ever going to win.  Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg should have showed this family what a great O Line can do in the 1980's.   Myself, I would use a top pick on a top Left Tackle since Ogbuehi and others stink so bad at left tackle.  I think the book on Ogbuehi was to put him at right tackle in the NFL anyway.  Odds are we will have a pick in the upper part of the draft, and with Whitworth gone, we STINK at Left Tackle.  I doubt there is an Anthony Munoz in the draft but we must try to get the closet player to a Munoz i the draft at Left Tackle. .....I do agree that much improvement needed at guard and center and no guarantee Ogbhuehi or Fisher can play right tackle. Those may be wasted awful top draft picks.  Brown Family needs to get their heads out of their rear ends and stop drafting all these finesse players and get some blockers in here this 2018 draft.

As a rule, Top Left Tackles go early, and we NEED left tackle BAD....and it's not unusual to find the best center or guard still on the board early in round 2. ....and already Bengal Fans will be moaning at the idea of picks 1 AND 2 on O Line...but people....our O Line STINKS....and I would use the first 5 picks on O Line if I thought we would end up with 5 guys that can play O Line in 2018.  We have the worst blocking in the NFL and I would not hesitate to draft across the board to replace the stiffs we have.

So I'll go with your Ohio State center in round 2, if he is the best and if he is still on the board.  Of course we could use a top guard to replace Zeitler, and that would be a good pick in 2 also....Maybe we get an extra 2 for McCarron and we can draft Left Tackle in 1, and a center and a guard in 2, because looking at the 2017 O Line, we can use all the help we can get. Of course the average Bengal Fan will want finesse players here like Mike Brown and we will stay weak in the trenches and no chance for play-off wins.

Draft Which ever one you cant get in free agency
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 11:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Draft Which ever one you cant get in free agency

Offensive line free agents is thin in 2018.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Price will go too late for us to take him in the first round and he won't be there when we pick in the 2nd.  And we will win too much to qualify for Quentin Nelson - the best lineman in the draft - who we would probably not draft that high even if he is there because he's a guard.

I mean for me the dream draft would be to solidify our interior - Nelson and Price.   But we will not be drafting either of them.   We will end up with a tackle in the 2nd round and an interior lineman in the 3 or 4th round.  I have no idea who they will draft in the first round.  Still a possibility of one of the tackles if we draft after 15.  But it will be a conditional BPA - i.e not a guard, center, DT or safety.   Hurst might be a possibility, but not likely.  Too small to take that high.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The problem.is there is no top left tackle in this draft. Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.
Orlando Brown has started all games in 2017 at Left Tackle for Oklahoma and he dominated, I repeat, he dominated THE ohio state buckeyes.....CBS Sports has him as an early projection to be the first tackle taken in first round in top 5 picks. ....Next on the list is Kolton Miller at Left Tackle for UCLA. CBS Sports has him in first round in Top 15. 

I won't go any lower than 15 because Bengals will be drafting and the need for Left Tackle demands Orlando Brown from Oklahoma or Kolton Miller from UCLA.   You draft Left Tackle early in Round One because it is such a high priority.  Hopefully you get an Anthony Munoz that mans the left tackle spot the next 10 years and so you don't regret the high pick.  So you bring in Brown or Miller who actually are Left Tackles and you move Ogbuehi back to his Right Tackle spot.  You don't say, " Oh, but there is a good running back or a good wide receiver on the boards. NO. We are in dire need of a Left Tackle.  We got lucky that Whitworth moved from left guard to left tackle as well as he did. It's time to draft a left tackle as we did with Munoz or Levi Jones.  Brown and if not Brown, then Miller.  ...Orlando Brown won best lineman in Big 12 award last year and look for him to be best lineman NCAA this year. Add an award winning dominating Left Tackle in Brown and don't hesitate, don't question it. Our need of improving our blocking is too great.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:51 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They've trotted out Bodine for many, many years with very little competition...why do we think they will try to upgrade this position again?

The main reason is because Bodine becomes a FA in March.

If he's re-signed, this fan base is going to lose their minds and/or jump ship.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 12:41 PM)kevin Wrote: Orlando Brown has started all games in 2017 at Left Tackle for Oklahoma and he dominated, I repeat, he dominated THE ohio state buckeyes.....CBS Sports has him as an early projection to be the first tackle taken in first round in top 5 picks. ....Next on the list is Kolton Miller at Left Tackle for UCLA. CBS Sports has him in first round in Top 15. 

I won't go any lower than 15 because Bengals will be drafting and the need for Left Tackle demands Orlando Brown from Oklahoma or Kolton Miller from UCLA.   You draft Left Tackle early in Round One because it is such a high priority.  Hopefully you get an Anthony Munoz that mans the left tackle spot the next 10 years and so you don't regret the high pick.  So you bring in Brown or Miller who actually are Left Tackles and you move Ogbuehi back to his Right Tackle spot.  You don't say, " Oh, but there is a good running back or a good wide receiver on the boards. NO. We are in dire need of a Left Tackle.  We got lucky that Whitworth moved from left guard to left tackle as well as he did. It's time to draft a left tackle as we did with Munoz or Levi Jones.  Brown and if not Brown, then Miller.   ...Orlando Brown won best lineman in Big 12 award last year and look for him to be best lineman NCAA this year.  Add an award winning dominating Left Tackle in Brown and don't hesitate, don't question it. Our need of improving our blocking is too great.

Ogbuehi should not be moved back to RT. If he's moved, it needs to be to G.

And regarding Orlando Brown, many believe he's not equipped to be a LT in the NFL but rather a stud RT. However, I think it helps to have Mixon on the team, as he played with Brown, so I think Mixon's input would factor into a decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don’t trust Paul Alexander anymore to even make the right draft picks after fish bodine and ogi
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ogbuehi should not be moved back to RT. If he's moved, it needs to be to G.

And regarding Orlando Brown, many believe he's not equipped to be a LT in the NFL but rather a stud RT. However, I think it helps to have Mixon on the team, as he played with Brown, so I think Mixon's input would factor into a decision.

If they bring in a real Left Tackle like Brown from Oklahoma or Miller from UCLA, they can move Ogbuehi to the Canadian Football League for all I care, but you would think for the pick they used on him he could block somewhere for us.  He is not a Left Tackle and he is way out of position there. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ogbuehi should not be moved back to RT. If he's moved, it needs to be to G.

Ogbuehi would probably make a worse guard than tackle. He couldn't use his go to pass protect move of bare hugging the defender (which is being use alot this season actually look at thr packers lol). Defensive tackles would go right through him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote