Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price updated information as well as osu pro day news.
billy price in an interview, said he would be full go, lifting weights, 100 percent by June. Also said he met with the Bengals at the NFL combine(not sure if we knew this or not). As far as other buckeye players, Sam Hubbard I believe locked in his top 50 selection. Tyquan Lewis is gonna be a steal late. Denzel ward unless something insane happens will go top 10.

Coaches there were Marvin Lewis, teryl Austin, Jacob Burney, and Robert Livingston.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: billy price in an interview, said he would be full go, lifting weights, 100 percent by June. Also said he met with the Bengals at the NFL combine(not sure if we knew this or not). As far as other buckeye players, Sam Hubbard I believe locked in his top 50 selection. Tyquan Lewis is gonna be a steal late. Denzel ward unless something insane happens will go top 10.

Coaches there were Marvin Lewis, teryl Austin, Jacob Burney, and Robert Livingston.

I spotted Omar Epps too.

[Image: th?id=OIP.62S84jf8fRBTycVajmZWQAAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: billy price in an interview, said he would be full go, lifting weights, 100 percent by June. Also said he met with the Bengals at the NFL combine(not sure if we knew this or not). As far as other buckeye players, Sam Hubbard I believe locked in his top 50 selection. Tyquan Lewis is gonna be a steal late. Denzel ward unless something insane happens will go top 10.

Awesome, thanks for the update Jpoore. Price would be the safest pick for this team in the 1st regardless of who falls.

Him or Ragnow, as i keep saying, love both. Could be a big mistake to wait on either of these guys even if i think one falls
to 46 i don't want to gamble. Sure, i would rather have the BPA in the first and get Price or Ragnow in the 2nd but don't
want to take the chance and seeing them both picked right before us. That would be rough.

You sure would think after seeing all these Buckeyes do well in the NFL that our coaches and FO might look around and
see that it is not a bad thing to take one once in awhile. Price would be amazing for this team, just what we need.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, thanks for the update Jpoore. Price would be the safest pick for this team in the 1st regardless of who falls.

Him or Ragnow, as i keep saying, love both. Could be a big mistake to wait on either of these guys even if i think one falls
to 46 i don't want to gamble. Sure, i would rather have the BPA in the first and get Price or Ragnow in the 2nd but don't
want to take the chance and seeing them both picked right before us. That would be rough.

You sure would think after seeing all these Buckeyes do well in the NFL that our coaches and FO might look around and
see that it is not a bad thing to take one once in awhile. Price would be amazing for this team, just what we need.

Cool
I love price, but not like I love Hernandez. If Hernandez is there in the first I'm taking him. Price will probably be gone, but I'd be fairly confident that rangow would be there at 46.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 09:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I love price, but not like I love Hernandez. If Hernandez is there in the first I'm taking him. Price will probably be gone, but I'd be fairly confident that rangow would be there at 46.

Yes, that would be much better as i like Ragnow just as much as Price.

We get Hernandez in the 1st Ragnow in the 2nd damn we will have one solid interior that is built on the run game and can protect.

The only better Guard in this Draft than Hernandez is Quinton Nelson. There is no better Center than Ragnow, him and Price are right there.

But if Pollack was sold on Boling/Westerman/Redmond i sure wouldn't mind Rashaan Evans and Ragnow either one two.

Rashaan can play SAM with a terrible vengeance. He is Blade. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, that would be much better as i like Ragnow just as much as Price.

We get Hernandez in the 1st Ragnow in the 2nd damn we will have one solid interior that is built on the run game and can protect.

The only better Guard in this Draft than Hernandez is Quinton Nelson. There is no better Center than Ragnow, him and Price are right there.

But if Pollack was sold on Boling/Westerman/Redmond i sure wouldn't mind Rashaan Evans and Ragnow either one two.

Rashaan can play SAM with a terrible vengeance. He is Blade. Cool
This is where we part ways my man. I got Hernandez just a tick higher than Nelson. Hernandez is my favorite draft prospect since 2010. I mean, do you know how rare it is to have such horrible hand placement as an olineman, and still dominates like he did?? He puts his hands inside(easy fix) ur talking first ballot hall of famer. I dislike this lber crop as a whole. But not a fan of Evans in the first. I think after the top 2 there is a major drop off in talent.  But there is 6 interior olineman that have all pro written All over them and a guy who I think gets overlooked is Braden Smith. 
Reply/Quote
I actually like Lewis as a mid round steal for us to replace Michael Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 08:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like Lewis as a mid round steal for us to replace Michael Johnson.

You beat me to it! I could see him taking a year to develop and then being a very good DE for awhile!
Reply/Quote
Don't recall seeing it posted before, but I just saw Cincy Jungle post that Billy Price met with the Bengals at the Combine.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/23/17155864/ohio-state-center-billy-price-met-bengals-nfl-draft-scouting-combine
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is where we part ways my man. I got Hernandez just a tick higher than Nelson. Hernandez is my favorite draft prospect since 2010. I mean, do you know how rare it is to have such horrible hand placement as an olineman, and still dominates like he did?? He puts his hands inside(easy fix) ur talking first ballot hall of famer. I dislike this lber crop as a whole. But not a fan of Evans in the first. I think after the top 2 there is a major drop off in talent.  But there is 6 interior olineman that have all pro written All over them and a guy who I think gets overlooked is Braden Smith. 

I'm always surprised when people say things like this.  If it was so easy, then why isn't he doing it already?  It's obviously not something that is easily fixed with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't recall seeing it posted before, but I just saw Cincy Jungle post that Billy Price met with the Bengals at the Combine.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/23/17155864/ohio-state-center-billy-price-met-bengals-nfl-draft-scouting-combine

Please God, let us poor lowly Bengals fans have 1 simple joy in our lives!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is where we part ways my man. I got Hernandez just a tick higher than Nelson. Hernandez is my favorite draft prospect since 2010. I mean, do you know how rare it is to have such horrible hand placement as an olineman, and still dominates like he did?? He puts his hands inside(easy fix) ur talking first ballot hall of famer. I dislike this lber crop as a whole. But not a fan of Evans in the first. I think after the top 2 there is a major drop off in talent.  But there is 6 interior olineman that have all pro written All over them and a guy who I think gets overlooked is Braden Smith. 

You have horrible hand placement in the NFL and you are screwed. Easy to dominate lesser players in college without proper
technique, you get to the NFL and it is much different. That is why Nelson is the better prospect, plus Nelson is more versatile
and can even play OT with his long arms. Hernandez is specifically a RG and while i would love to get him he has a lot of work
to do to improve his hand placement as you say he has a major problem with.

Rashaan Evans can shed blocks, stop the run, rush the passer and cover TE's. Perfect SAM Linebacker for us.

The only LB in this Draft that jumps off tape to me better is Trumaine Edmunds.

(03-23-2018, 01:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm always surprised when people say things like this.  If it was so easy, then why isn't he doing it already?  It's obviously not something that is easily fixed with him.

Same here. It is a negative, not a positive. Means he has a lot of work to do. He does that in the NFL and he gets beat or is
called for holds all game long.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm always surprised when people say things like this.  If it was so easy, then why isn't he doing it already?  It's obviously not something that is easily fixed with him.

Bc he was so dominant it's a simple if it ain't broke why fix it?? And I believe there were a few guards whwho were just immovable that they had bad haand placement and got away with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 12:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bc he was so dominant it's a simple if it ain't broke why fix it?? And I believe there were a few guards whwho were just immovable that they had bad haand placement and got away with it.

Because he will be broke in the NFL if he doesn't fix it.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have horrible hand placement in the NFL and you are screwed. Easy to dominate lesser players in college without proper
technique, you get to the NFL and it is much different. That is why Nelson is the better prospect, plus Nelson is more versatile
and can even play OT with his long arms. Hernandez is specifically a RG and while i would love to get him he has a lot of work
to do to improve his hand placement as you say he has a major problem with.

Rashaan Evans can shed blocks, stop the run, rush the passer and cover TE's. Perfect SAM Linebacker for us.

The only LB in this Draft that jumps off tape to me better is Trumaine Edmunds.

Same here. It is a negative, not a positive. Means he has a lot of work to do. He does that in the NFL and he gets beat or is
called for holds all game long.

Agreed on Evans and Edmunds. Either would be hard to pass up at 21. BUT....we have to be honest. There is a big drop off in OT talent between 21 and 46 and between 46 and 77, and we need a RT as much as we need a Center. Hart sucked for the Giants. Fischer hasn't shown much for us. If McGlinchey is there, I think we have to take him. I don't like it, but I think that's the way it is.

If McGlinchey is gone, then we could go LB, though I'd be tempted to take DE/DT Tevan Bryan.

I think that we could get a starting C at 46.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed on Evans and Edmunds. Either would be hard to pass up at 21. BUT....we have to be honest. There is a big drop off in OT talent between 21 and 46 and between 46 and 77, and we need a RT as much as we need a Center. Hart sucked for the Giants. Fischer hasn't shown much for us. If McGlinchey is there, I think we have to take him. I don't like it, but I think that's the way it is.

If McGlinchey is gone, then we could go LB, though I'd be tempted to take DE/DT Tevan Bryan.

Some would disagree with the drop off in OT talent, some think there isn't much difference between the top 5 or so.

I like Tyrell Crosby and Alex Cappa and they should be around in the 3rd round. What about a start like this to the Draft...

1st - Rashaan Evans SLB
2nd - Frank Ragnow C
3rd - Tyrell Crosby/Alex Cappa/Orlando Brown RT
3rd - Mark Andrews TE
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Because he will be broke in the NFL if he doesn't fix it.
I disagree bc in the history of the NFL there have been maybe 5 guards that were just so overpowering strong that even though they got u on the outside u weren't moving. I believe will Hernandez is one of those players. Larry Allen strong. Now I will say I am biased on will bc he is my favorite player I have ever scouted.
(03-25-2018, 02:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed on Evans and Edmunds. Either would be hard to pass up at 21. BUT....we have to be honest. There is a big drop off in OT talent between 21 and 46 and between 46 and 77, and we need a RT as much as we need a Center. Hart sucked for the Giants. Fischer hasn't shown much for us. If McGlinchey is there, I think we have to take him. I don't like it, but I think that's the way it is.

Agree we can get a great center at 46. Disagree about major ot dropoff. I mentioned u can get jamaco Jones at 77 and he's just as good as mcg at rt. This is not the year for tackles and in any other year mcg is a second round pick. Don't reach.
Reply/Quote
Think we should still take Wynn, Hernandez, or Edmunds if one falls in first and then trade up late first round or early second to get the Center we want. Or even a dominant pass rusher, although they are usually gone by 21 and believe OL is more important at present time.

Bengals can not keep all these picks on roster anyway and we need quality this year over quantity more than ever to make playoff push.

Like I have said before though, not going to hate if Pollack likes a Center enough to draft him in first round. But if he likes two or three about the same then wait.

Want players listed first round but will cheer my butt off at draft party at PBS if Price is taken. Unlike last year when I was like WTF and left immediately knowing we were in for a long season with porous OL.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 12:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bc he was so dominant it's a simple if it ain't broke why fix it?? And I believe there were a few guards whwho were just immovable that they had bad haand placement and got away with it.

Complete BS.  

If that's the case, then it tells me he's not coachable, because you know his coach was harping on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 11:33 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Complete BS.  

If that's the case, then it tells me he's not coachable, because you know his coach was harping on him.

It's utep not a major school. 
Reply/Quote