Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday is Almost Here. Who Survives?
The end of the regular season is upon us which means December 30 is Black Monday, the day most NFL coaches are fired after an unsuccessful season. After a 2-14 — or most likely 1-15 — record, which Cincinnati coaches will be retained? Which will be let go? I can’t visualize any scenario where all of the Bengals’ coaches survive Black Monday. Even the most casual observer of the game can see the Bengals took a step backwards in every aspect of football except for special teams.

If it were up to me I would poopcan every coach and coordinator with the exception of Darrin Simmons and his special teams staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think they will do anything. Yet if they do, we will probably do everything ass backwards as usual and wait awhile before making any changes.

Reply/Quote
At first i didnt expect any change at all and tbh i still dont. But i noticed today during Zacs press conference he was asked his thought on the chances of coaching the senior bowl. He said something along the lines as to if he were able to get that chance. Could be just pure speculation or maybe hes under the gun from the front office
Reply/Quote
Wade Philips' contract is up in LA and they most likely are not going to re-sign him. I'd like to see him and zac reunited.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
bound to be some turnover... any where know where to find coaches contracts?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wade Philips' contract is up in LA and they most likely are not going to re-sign him. I'd like to see him and zac reunited.

That would be pretty great.  It's seems unlikely, though.  If nobody wanted to coordinate this defense except for their 11th (or whatever) choice last season, then why would Wade Phillips, arguably one of the best DCs of all time?

I think it's slightly more likely that Callahan comes here to coach the OL.  His kid is here and that might be enough to convince somebody like him to come to a place like this.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bound to be some turnover...  any where know where to find coaches contracts?

I've looked for lists of coaches coming available in the past, but had very little luck in finding much of anything.

This article has some helpful info., as well as mentions many names.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28231071/the-next-wave-nfl-head-coaches-names-trends-know-2020

Finding a list of coaches and contracts coming to an end seems like something one might find on one of the paid subscription services.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals will make too many quick decisions. They need coaches that are good at rebuilding a team. Starting with QB although Burrow is not a shoe in. Still a chance they focus on D and take Young. Then you need a defense coach. Knee jerk reactions will only get them in trouble.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Everyone besides Simmons needs to be gone.

- - - - - - - - -

This article is pretty funny, though. It's like they had to stretch to find some of these candidates.

"Brian Daboll could parlay his Year 2 success with Josh Allen into some interviews."

Ummm... Josh Allen has 58.8% Completion, 6.8 YPA, and is only throwing for about 200 yards per game. Do those stats have anyone busting down Daboll's door to get his "success" over to their team? The Bills have the 3rd best defense, and the 5th best running game. If you want to see why the Bills are successful this year, Josh Allen is not it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Anarumo is the most likely to be fired, especially since he wasn't Zac's 1st, 2nd or even 5th choice. If that happens, I think there's at least a chance that Jones and/or Livingston gets canned as well. Duffner probably won't be brought back either.
Reply/Quote
Watch us keep everyone except Simmons lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 08:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Watch us keep everyone except Simmons lol.

I actually expect this to happen.  The front office sucks at a lot of things, but manufacturing excuses for bad seasons is not one of them.  They'll find some reason to prop up Louie Slapnuts and Turner.  They'll come out with an article making them sound like the second coming of Buddy Ryan and Dante Scarnecchia.  

I'm guessing that this time it will be the "you can't judge them on one year, because they needed to implement a new system".  It definelty won't be the glaring fact that the organization failed to provide them with a roster talented enough to succeed.  

Either way, I hope I'm really wrong.  These are some lazy shits running this team, so I think they'll go the least resistance route and leave the roster mostly intact.  
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting that a grand total of 0 people will be fired.
Reply/Quote
Anarumo and turner should be fired but we wont fire anybody. Zac was dealt a bad hand, and he needs to turn over playcalling to callahan but I wouldent give up on him yet.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much know the answer is everybody. At least with our team.

I'm still hoping for a front office change. Tobin doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. He hand picked a coach for a roster he built..........

...... 1-14
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 08:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Watch us keep everyone except Simmons lol.

WhoDey2  Actually, I expect some team with a savvy GM to realize what a talent Simmons is and make him a Head Coach.

….which should've been done here... Help  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I can't see anyone being fired, not sure if a few will leave regarding their contracts expiring as I don't know what contracts they were given when they came in but I think they will want to keep Zac's men beside him
Reply/Quote
If they switch up defensive coordinators I hope they make a second push for Aaron Glenn.

Glenn has NFL Player, College General Manager, NFL scouting, and NFL coaching experience and is the next up and coming defensive coach being mentioned for HC spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've looked for lists of coaches coming available in the past, but had very little luck in finding much of anything.

This article has some helpful info., as well as mentions many names.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28231071/the-next-wave-nfl-head-coaches-names-trends-know-2020

Finding a list of coaches and contracts coming to an end seems like something one might find on one of the paid subscription services.

thanks for looking...  I believe most the assistant coaches are on 1 year deals but no way to confirm
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The end of the regular season is upon us which means December 30 is Black Monday, the day most NFL coaches are fired after an unsuccessful season.  After a 2-14 — or most likely 1-15 — record, which Cincinnati coaches will be retained?  Which will be let go?  I can’t visualize any scenario where all of the Bengals’ coaches survive Black Monday.  Even the most casual observer of the game can see the Bengals took a step backwards in every aspect of football except for special teams.  

If it were up to me I would poopcan every coach and coordinator with the exception of Darrin Simmons and his special teams staff.

You call yourself a Bengal fan?
Don't you know continuity and family is very important to Mike Brown? No one will be fired unless Zach wants them replaced and Marvin couldn't have done much or any better with this roster that has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

What will happen this year, is we will dip into FA and try to nab some top names.

The good news is we got the Number One pick. Let's see what this organization does with it.
Reply/Quote