Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black monday is coming
Well it's the end of the season, just one more game to get through, and its going to be a rivalry game against the Ravens. Ravens need this win to make it in the playoffs, we could win and be spoilers for them. Any win is good, but when it comes to knocking out other divisional teams out of the playoffs its a great thing. Then comes the dreaded firing day for many coaches. Is there any expected coaches exiting the facilities after the season wraps up?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:12 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Well it's the end of the season, just one more game to get through, and its going to be a rivalry game against the Ravens. Ravens need this win to make it in the playoffs, we could win and be spoilers for them. Any win is good, but when it comes to knocking out other divisional teams out of the playoffs its a great thing. Then comes the dreaded firing day for many coaches. Is there any expected coaches exiting the facilities after the season wraps up?

I think if they win they bounce out of the top 10, which I think the bengals need. On the other hand, beating tge ravens and knocking tgem putt of the play offs would be absolutely hilarious and more to build on going into next year.

I really want Lou and Turner gone. That’s my big hope.

Jim Turner needs shit canned
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:28 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think if they win they bounce out of the top 10, which I think the bengals need. On the other hand, beating tge ravens and knocking tgem putt of the play offs would be absolutely hilarious and more to build on going into next year.

They can do no higher than top 10. The current 11th team has 6 wins, which we can not reach. So at the worst we do is 10th.

But yes, I hope Lou and Turner go as well, but we will see what happens. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:12 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Well it's the end of the season, just one more game to get through, and its going to be a rivalry game against the Ravens. Ravens need this win to make it in the playoffs, we could win and be spoilers for them. Any win is good, but when it comes to knocking out other divisional teams out of the playoffs its a great thing. Then comes the dreaded firing day for many coaches. Is there any expected coaches exiting the facilities after the season wraps up?

Im not sure how beating the ravens helps our franchise in any way right now...

It will slide us down the draft board. and give zach excuses to keep the current coaches in hand. (or FO excuses to keep coaches in hand)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They can do no higher than top 10. The current 11th team has 6 wins, which we can not reach. So at the worst we do is 10th.

But yes, I hope Lou and Turner go as well, but we will see what happens. 

Zach and all his croneys...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:28 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think if they win they bounce out of the top 10, which I think the bengals need. On the other hand, beating tge ravens and knocking tgem putt of the play offs would be absolutely hilarious and more to build on going into next year.

Turner would be the only one I absolutely think needs to go.  However, my reasoning for giving Lou another year (injuries, making lemonade out of lemons kinda thing) may also apply to Turner.  I know he's getting mega-heat from all, myself included, for MJ,  but I think around the league OL coaches do try and develop players that don't always pan out.  Adenji really hasn't looked all that bad for a rookie, and Turner has shown the ability to setup different OLines each week it seems to try and fix it.  It'd be one thing if we sent the very same line out each week, but we really haven't I don't think?  I think MJ was sadly his best option at the time, but as ya'll see we ain't startin MJ now.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im not sure how beating the ravens helps our franchise in any way right now...

It will slide us down the draft board. and give zach excuses to keep the current coaches in hand. (or FO excuses to keep coaches in hand)

All I would say is there have been excuses over these last two wins (nothing to play for, resting players, players are past it) if we did beat the ravens there would be no excuses as they are a team fighting for the play offs and are looking in very good shape. This may give our team belief that we can compete next year if we put the right things in place. 
No doibt we would just ride the wave to another crappy season
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:43 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Turner would be the only one I absolutely think needs to go.  However, my reasoning for giving Lou another year (injuries, making lemonade out of lemons kinda thing) may also apply to Turner.  I know he's getting mega-heat from all, myself included, for MJ,  but I think around the league OL coaches do try and develop players that don't always pan out.  Adenji really hasn't looked all that bad for a rookie, and Turner has shown the ability to setup different OLines each week it seems to try and fix it.  It'd be one thing if we sent the very same line out each week, but we really haven't I don't think?  I think MJ was sadly his best option at the time, but as ya'll see we ain't startin MJ now.

He may be doing the best with what he has got but he made the decision to go into the season with it. We all thought it was the wrong decision. It proved to be the wrong decision. And it has consequences
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:47 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: All I would say is there have been excuses over these last two wins (nothing to play for, resting players, players are past it) if we did beat the ravens there would be no excuses as they are a team fighting for the play offs and are looking in very good shape. This may give our team belief that we can compete next year if we put the right things in place. 
No doibt we would just ride the wave to another crappy season

you put the right things in place you can compete every year that is not much of a stretch even bad teams can with 5-6 games a year.

Catching the right teams at the right times is getting us some wins.    But were was all this with the starters or when we still had a chance to do anything this season?

To me its all too little to late.   as momentium never really carrys from one season to the next and there is too much turnover
Reply/Quote
I dont think any coaches will be getting canned, but I would like to see Turner go at the very minimum. His musical chairs OL is frustrating. The last 2-3 games we seem to have more stability on the OL, but MJ didnt have to, and shouldnt have been starting the game Burrow got hurt. It shouldnt take your star QB getting hurt to bench a player who played terrible all season. Also, him playing Johnson at OG a bunch in the early season was stupid. I just dont like his "they can play any spot" attitude. Sorry dude but thats obviously not true. He found a better mix as it stands now, but it shouldnt take going through so much crap to get to that point. I just dont think hes the right guy for the job. The OL he has out there now is better, but its still too little too late for me to have faith in his talent evaluation and coaching ability.

I really like winning. Running the ball seems like it goes a long way to that. Throwing the ball 60+ times a game is not a winning formula. I dont like that it took our QBs getting killed 2 years in a row to basically force ZT to stick with the run game more. I get the bad blocking, but again the points to Turner being too confident in guys who suck and playing guys out of their natural positions. If ZT can find a good OL coach and learn a lesson on how important it is to have a real running game, he may be ok.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: you put the right things in place you can compete every year that is not much of a stretch even bad teams can with 5-6 games a year.

Catching the right teams at the right times is getting us some wins.    But were was all this with the starters or when we still had a chance to do anything this season?

To me its all too little to late.   as momentium never really carrys from one season to the next and there is too much turnover

Tell that to the Dolphins. Started out 0-8 finished 5-3 last year and are something like 15-8 since that 0-8 start. You gotta start winning at some point. Anyone poo pooing winning is just being silly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Tell that to the Dolphins. Started out 0-8 finished 5-3 last year and are something like 15-8 since that 0-8 start. You gotta start winning at some point. Anyone poo pooing winning is just being silly. 

They also hired a coach who earned his job, worked his way up, and had a long pedigree of success. Winning 5 games of your last 8 and winning 2 is a big difference. 

Taylor is the one who showed what he does at the end of year is fools gold and doesn't carry over not Flores. 
Reply/Quote
I am curious what people thought were realistic expectations for win totals this year when they thought we'd have Burrow the whole season along with Waynes/Reader/Atkins/Dunlap/etc.? Just for a second assuming we win this week and end at 5 wins, how far off were we from what you expected? That is remembering we were a bad PI call from another win.

I don't think Taylor is some sort of coaching savant or anything, but I had them as a 6-7 win team coming into the season WITH Burrow/Reader/Waynes/Atkins/Dunlap/etc. so I think they performed about as I had thought they would. Now that said I expect a winning season next year as that is the normal progression and if we don't hit it then it'll be time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:09 AM)TheFan Wrote: They also hired a coach who earned his job, worked his way up, and had a long pedigree of success. Winning 5 games of your last 8 and winning 2 is a big difference. 

Taylor is the one who showed what he does at the end of year is fools gold and doesn't carry over not Flores. 

So which is it? Does momentum carry over or not? Does it only carry over if you win a specific amount of games? If you win your last 3 does it not carry over, but 4 it does? If your going to make an argument, don't make it circumstantial based on if you like a coach or not. That gives 0 credibility to your argument. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So which is it? Does momentum carry over or not? Does it only carry over if you win a specific amount of games? If you win your last 3 does it not carry over, but 4 it does? If your going to make an argument, don't make it circumstantial based on if you like a coach or not. That gives 0 credibility to your argument. 

PS- I don't like Taylor, but I am also not so blinded that I can't give him credit for how the team has played. We beat a 12 possibly 13 win team with our 3rd string QB in prime time. Then we followed that up with a win in a shootout with our backup against possibly the 2nd best AFC QB. Do I think we will win against Baltimore, probably not, but I also don't think the game is a gimme, and expect it to be closer than last game against them. Winning their last 3 with backup QBs with 2 being against double digit win teams, is not a small feat. 
Reply/Quote

It's been rumored that the Bengals will make some coaching changes, but it likely won't be Zac Taylor. I would guess the most likely candidate out of the "big name" coaches on the staff will be Jim Turner.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So which is it? Does momentum carry over or not? Does it only carry over if you win a specific amount of games? If you win your last 3 does it not carry over, but 4 it does? If your going to make an argument, don't make it circumstantial based on if you like a coach or not. That gives 0 credibility to your argument. 

I'm not making it circumstantial. We literally saw it play out before our eyes. Your argument has 0 credibility seeing as we've already seen this tape play through last year. There's a long history, especially Bengal history, that playing well the last couple games doesn't mean anything to indicate success for the next season. 

Taylor was basically trash all last year, won 2 games at the end the season, and then we were basically trash all this year until the past few games. Pitt has been terrible for the last 4 week and Houston has been a bad team all year.

Flores won 5 of 8 to end the year and then has one 10 so far this year. 

Gase started 1-7 last year, went 6-2 to finish, and then the team went back to being trash again. You think all of a sudden they think they found their coach of the future because they've won 2 games in a row against potential playoff teams?

Those are just facts. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:33 AM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not making it circumstantial. We literally saw it play out before our eyes. Your argument has 0 credibility seeing as we've already seen this tape play through last year. There's a long history, especially Bengal history, that playing well the last couple games doesn't mean anything to indicate success for the next season. 

Taylor was basically trash all last year, won 2 games at the end the season, and then we were basically trash all this year until the past few games. 

Flores won 5 of 8 to end the year and then has one 10 so far this year. 

Those are just facts. 

Facts are 4-10-1 is better than 2-12-1 and 5-10-1 is better than 2-13-1. I'm not letting my dislike for our coach get in the way of enjoying winning. Go ahead and sulk in the corner because we are finally winning. I'll be over here much happier. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: PS- I don't like Taylor, but I am also not so blinded that I can't give him credit for how the team has played. We beat a 12 possibly 13 win team with our 3rd string QB in prime time. Then we followed that up with a win in a shootout with our backup against possibly the 2nd best AFC QB. Do I think we will win against Baltimore, probably not, but I also don't think the game is a gimme, and expect it to be closer than last game against them. Winning their last 3 with backup QBs with 2 being against double digit win teams, is not a small feat. 

Beating a Ravens team who handed us our worst loss of the season, are currently playing well (they’ve won 4 straight), and fighting for their playoff lives, would be somewhat of a statement game. Even more than beating the Steelers on MNF. It wouldn’t all of sudden make me think ZT is the guy that’s capable of turning us into Super Bowl contenders, but it will give me a little hope going forward since I think we’re stuck with him for awhile anyway. He will have finally beaten all 3 of the teams in our division (Cleveland last season) if he can pull this one off. And competing in the division should always be the main priority.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Tell that to the Dolphins. Started out 0-8 finished 5-3 last year and are something like 15-8 since that 0-8 start. You gotta start winning at some point. Anyone poo pooing winning is just being silly. 

When winning hurts the bottom line yes..

Its good for the coaches if they learn from what they did here.... So far from year 1 to 2 we see some flashes but no consistancy.  but the roster will look different. maybe the coaching staff....

So who is the momentum for the fanbase? or is winning these last few games gonna make them draft better in the offseason?
Reply/Quote