Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
(10-01-2023, 10:45 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Not at all.  8-8 has gotten teams into the playoffs before with the wild card.  This team is 1-3, with 12 games remaining.  Would you rather have a half assed Burrow for the last 12 games or a totally healthy Burrow for the last 9-10 games?

What makes you think Burrow will ever be totally healthy this season? He had nearly 6 weeks in the offseason and couldn’t heal.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t think the calf is stoping Burrow from sliding in the pocket. He can’t spin out of pressure or roll out maybe but y’all exaggerating to say he can’t slide a little here or there. If he can walk he can take a step to the right or left.

Those aren’t quick sudden movements. Unless y’all rewriting history to say Brady was quick and sudden in the pocket? What y’all talking about doesn’t strain anything. He is dropping back out of the shotgun. He can move. He said himself movement in the pocket doesn’t effect the calf.

This is all very easy to say when you're not the one out there playing with a calf issue.

Aaron Rodgers after last week's game:

“For him to tough it out, I don’t think that people realize how much pain and limited mobility he was in."
Reply/Quote
Exactly. They got 330 pound Reader right in 4 weeks. 270 pound Sam right in 3.

I get people searching for answers for Burrows play but his calf injury happened on July 27th people! It’s October. Let that sink in for a minute. If the calf is still this significantly injured then maybe the leg need amputated. He certainly should have been ir’d. Or he certainly should be shut down for the season. He still can’t slide to the left or right (I get not being able to spin out of pressure or run 10 yards on 3rd and 9) months later?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really. Or when he needed to? 

Y’all acting like Burrow has to move every drop back and can’t and that is why they go games where they are 1-11 on third down just isn’t accurate. The film is there. You can’t get the ball out like Brady and Burrow in 2.1 seconds if you doing the cha cha slide All.The.Time like you claim.  

I get it tho. An injury is a crutch to point to when searching for answers.

I guess it’s possible he just somehow forget how to play football. Happens all the time to guys in their prime after putting up back-to-back elite seasons. Ninja

Reply/Quote
What is it in boxing where the fighter cannot protect themselves at all times? Someone needs to step in if he is not saying "no mas."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:20 PM)bmack086 Wrote: What makes you think Burrow will ever be totally healthy this season? He had nearly 6 weeks in the offseason and couldn’t heal.

He aggravated it during the healing period. It wasn’t made known but I’m pretty sure it happened.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly. They got 330 pound Reader right in 4 weeks. 270 pound Sam right in 3.

I get people searching for answers for Burrows play but his calf injury happened on July 27th people! It’s October. Let that sink in for a minute. If the calf is still this significantly injured then maybe the leg need amputated. He certainly should have been ir’d. Or he certainly should be shut down for the season. He still can’t slide to the left or right (I get not being able to spin out of pressure or run 10 yards on 3rd and 9) months later?

He tweaked it again during the Ravens game and was in obvious pain. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:22 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ...but not for the reasons you think. HE should SIT HIMSELF instead of going out there and try to prove he can play through an injury he obviously can't play through. ZERO CHANCE Taylor would play him unless Joe, himself, gave the ok. Yes Taylor should be the one to decide, but I think Burrow has enough pull to talk ZT out of what, to most, would seem a common sense choice.
Burrow needs to sit out AT LEAST the next two games and get ready for the second half of the season. They still have a good chance at the playoffs because it's so early in the season, but you've got to have a 100% healthy Burrow.

If burrow couldn’t get healthy by week 1! He won’t be ready in 3 weeks. Pipe dream
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess it’s possible he just somehow forget how to play football. Happens all the time to guys in their prime after putting up back-to-back elite seasons. Ninja

I think this is 4 years in the making. Whatever “this” is. I don’t know what is up with his play but it’s more than the calf. He doesn’t even look like he’s having fun out there. He is in a true spiral.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Destro Wrote: What is it in boxing where the fighter cannot protect themselves at all times? Someone needs to step in if he is not saying "no mas."

Dude was literally out there trying to extend a play down 24 points in the 4th quarter today. If we’re not at “protect him from himself” time idk when is.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He tweaked it again during the Ravens game and was in obvious pain. 

We said he was injured still against Cleveland tho. And for 3 quarters against the ravens before he tweaked it. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think this is 4 years in the making. Whatever “this” is. I don’t know what is up with his play but it’s more than the calf. He doesn’t even look like he’s having fun out there. He is in a true spiral.

I wonder why?

LOL LOL LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think this is 4 years in the making. Whatever “this” is. I don’t know what is up with his play but it’s more than the calf. He doesn’t even look like he’s having fun out there. He is in a true spiral.

This makes no sense. He forgot how to move laterally? And of course he’s not having fun.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wonder why?

LOL LOL LOL

I get why but body language is important for the team to see out of their qb. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:56 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ...Browning is quite capable of leading the offense enough to where they can win a game.  The D?  No clue, that's all on Lou.  There is an excuse for the offense, but the defense....????  losing both Bell and Bates left a huge hole to fill.  Can't blame the D on a hobbled Burrow.  Maybe Lou isn't the defensive genius many make him to be.

How is Lou to blame? The Bengals organization has made the decision to let good defensive players leave so they can use that money on offense.  You cant expect the defense to play as good as they have the last couple of years when they are missing key players from the Super Bowl and AFC Championship run.  That's not Lou's fault having key defensive players not re-signed.  If they are saving that money for the offensive guys, the offense needs to carry the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This makes no sense. He forgot how to move laterally?  And of course he’s not having fun.

He doesn’t have to move laterally to have success. This is a fallacy just created on the board. Not set in reality. How many times did he move laterally against the KC blitz’s he beat in the chase highlights.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly. They got 330 pound Reader right in 4 weeks. 270 pound Sam right in 3.

You do know that not all calf strains are the same right?  There are 3 degrees; mild, moderate and severe.

Reply/Quote

You're overreactions are reaching epic proportions tonight brother.

Do you think Burrow looks like this if he's healthy?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:38 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: How is Lou to blame? The Bengals organization has made the decision to let good defensive players leave so they can use that money on offense.  You cant expect the defense to play as good as they have the last couple of years when they are missing key players from the Super Bowl and AFC Championship run.  That's not Lou's fault having key defensive players not re-signed.  If they are saving that money for the offensive guys, the offense needs to carry the team.

This is a bit disingenuous. They extended Hendrickson, and re-signed both Wilson and Pratt this offseason. And the DL is still the highest paid unit on the team by far.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: We said he was injured still against Cleveland tho. And for 3 quarters against the ravens before he tweaked it. 

You don't think he was?
Reply/Quote