Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
I do but if he can’t slide at least to the left 2 months later then he wouldn’t be playing because that would be just outrageous. Again I’m not saying he should be able to break out of sacks and scramble for first downs or big plays down field but if he can drop back he can take a step the the left at least and should be able to to the right. We are talking a step. Literally. Not a sprint. Not a spin. They even used the term slide.

I can’t believe he can’t slide. I think they’ve forgotten what Burrow has been in the pocket. Look at the film. He doesn’t have to move to be successful that was his super power. Not his calling card.

He hit the top of his drop and the ball is out. He has the quickest release in the league for a reason. You don’t get that doing the dancing in the pocket folks got him needing to do to be successful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
While the defense had two certified stinkers going on this season, their time on the field has been crazy. Offense is on the field just long enough for the defense to get two sips of water then they are back to it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You don't think he was?

I thought your point was he was reinjured and that’s why this calf is a story still in October. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You're overreactions are reaching epic proportions tonight brother.

Do you think Burrow looks like this if he's healthy?

I’m not even overreacting. I’m speaking the truth. In a couple weeks the board will catch up. 

What we are witnessing is a culmination of things. All crashing down at once. The league is still on to this offense with a healthy Burrow yes. 

But we said in 2020 Burrow wouldn’t survive if he kept taking a beating. It’s season 4 of his bearings and he’s the chickens are home.This should shock no one. We all said he wouldn’t make it if it kept up and it has and he has potentially been ……..

Well he may never be the same.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not even overreacting. I’m speaking the truth. In a couple weeks the board will catch up. 

What we are witnessing is a culmination of things. All crashing down at once. The league is still on to this offense with a healthy Burrow yes. 

But we said in 2020 Burrow wouldn’t survive if he kept taking a beating. It’s season 4 of his bearings and he’s the chickens are home.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: He doesn’t have to move laterally to have success. This is a fallacy just created on the board. Not set in reality. How many times did he move laterally against the KC blitz’s he beat in the chase highlights.

In one sentence you are saying he doesn’t need to move and in another you are complaining he is standing there like a statue. Until this year he moved a lot. Defenders had to worry about him escaping the pocket. They were sending seven because they knew his limitation, and nobody had to worry about contain.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Folks using Burrows injury as a clutch are just in dismay over what they are seeing and it’s the only answer they have that gives any hope that the fix is good health.

He didn’t do his little spin move and roll out of the pocket once. It’s because he can’t. His magic is moving in the pocket to buy time. I’m watching Mahomes and freaking Zach Wilson doing it right now. Buying time in the pocket and making plays. That’s burrows game. Right now he sits there for 2 seconds until pressure is in his face
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: In one sentence you are saying he doesn’t need to move and in another you are complaining he is standing there like a statue. Until this year he moved a lot. Defenders had to worry about him escaping the pocket. They were sending seven because they knew his limitation, and nobody had to worry about contain.

But he didn’t move laterally in this highlights. Im not complaining about him being a statue. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: In one sentence you are saying he doesn’t need to move and in another you are complaining he is standing there like a statue. Until this year he moved a lot. Defenders had to worry about him escaping the pocket. They were sending seven because they knew his limitation, and nobody had to worry about contain.

Chris Jones was literally just on a podcast with Travis Kelce talking about how much he hates playing Burrow because of his elusiveness. Said that one play a couple years ago where Burrow high stepped out of a sack haunted him until last year’s AFC Championship game.

This version of Burrow isn’t even the same guy.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:02 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: He didn’t do his little spin move and roll out of the pocket once. It’s because he can’t. His magic is moving in the pocket to buy time. I’m watching Mahomes and freaking Zach Wilson doing it right now. Buying time in the pocket and making plays. That’s burrows game. Right now he sits there for 2 seconds until pressure is in his face

Burrow has a quicker release then both Mahomes and Zach. 

He moves and buys time when healthy yes. But it isn’t all the time. Even when healthy. You don’t get a 2.1 release that way. The board isn’t being honest in this revisionist history. More often than not the ball is out of his hands at the top of the drop. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:08 AM)jj22 Wrote:  Burrow has a quicker release then both Mahomes and Zach. 

He moves and buys time when healthy yes. But it isn’t all the time. Even when healthy. You don’t get a 2.1 release that way. The board isn’t being honest in this revisionist history. More often than not the ball is out of his hands at the top of the drop. 

It is obvious the guy is hampered by the calf that is not even arguable.  And yes he has sucked a$$ as much or more than everyone else.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow isn't doing it, he seriously needs to start doing yoga.
Aaron Rodgers credited his yoga practice to his durability and nimbleness in the pocket in one of his Pat Macafee interviews.
Hopefully he gave Burrow this advice.

I started doing yoga several years ago and its done wonders for my legs and balance.
I'm a much better hockey skater than I was.
Yoga is great for recovery after a strenuous work out/hockey game, bike, etc.

To me it seems like Burrow may have lifted too much/too frequently and not done enough stretching and recovery this offseason.
Go go go until he tweaked something.
It's not responsible and he has to do a better job of listening to and taking care of his body.
Hopefully he learns his lesson.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:52 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If Burrow isn't doing it, he seriously needs to start doing yoga.
Aaron Rodgers credited his yoga practice to his durability and nimbleness in the pocket in one of his Pat Macafee interviews.
Hopefully he gave Burrow this advice.

I started doing yoga several years ago and its done wonders for my legs and balance.
I'm a much better hockey skater than I was.
Yoga is great for recovery after a strenuous work out/hockey game, bike, etc.

To me it seems like Burrow may have lifted too much/too frequently and not done enough stretching and recovery this offseason.
Go go go until he tweaked something.
It's not responsible and he has to do a better job of listening to and taking care of his body.
Hopefully he learns his lesson.

He shouldn’t have been practicing rolling out in July heat with a compression sleeve on in the first place.

Reply/Quote
Ugh.

Burrow does deserve some of the blame in that his accuracy is gone. But that accuracy problem is indeed resulting from his throwing mechanics being messed up which is likely him not being able to push off on the calf.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: Ugh.

Burrow does deserve some of the blame in that his accuracy is gone. But that accuracy problem is indeed resulting from his throwing mechanics being messed up which is likely him not being able to push off on the calf.

[Image: thank-you-the-office.gif]

Reply/Quote
The calf excuse can only go so far at this points. It’s ***** October.

Rodgers dealt with these for entire seasons but his offenses don’t plummet to the worst in the NFL.

Is Burrow HIM or not? He’s shown these last 4 weeks that the answer is no.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, 4 games totally supersedes the last 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:32 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The calf excuse can only go so far at this points. It’s ***** October.

Rodgers dealt with these for entire seasons but his offenses don’t plummet to the worst in the NFL.

Is Burrow HIM or not? He’s shown these last 4 weeks that the answer is no.

Both of Rodgers' calf issues before this year happened in December, and after having a full training camp, preseason and plenty of regular season games under his belt. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, 4 games totally supersedes the last 2 years.

We can always talk about how the defense carried the offense these last two post season runs too if you want.

Let’s not pretend that Burrow was out playoff mvp.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:45 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Both of Rodgers' calf issues before this year happened in December, and after having a full training camp, preseason and plenty of regular season games under his belt. 

So Rodgers had less time to recover before games and he didn’t regress into a total shitshow?

You’re proving my point.
Reply/Quote