Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
Zac, Please....... Burrow is not 100% and capable of running this offense now as it needs to be run. He must have 0 faith in Browning. He doesn't look like the same QB from last year! If he is favoring that calf so much that he is afraid to run, scramble or snap from under center then he has no business in the huddle. I get the feeling the Bengals race car is heading straight at the wall and they refuse to turn the wheel to avoid the damage.

I dunno,,, Are we overreacting to all of this? I keep thinking back to Patrick last year limping around and STILL throwing TD's and winning. Ankle, calf I know but it is still an injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:13 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Zac, Please....... Burrow is not 100% and capable of running this offense now as it needs to be run. He must have 0 faith in Browning. He doesn't look like the same QB from last year! If he is favoring that calf so much that he is afraid to run, scramble or snap from under center then he has no business in the huddle. I get the feeling the Bengals race car is heading straight at the wall and they refuse to turn the wheel to avoid the damage.

I dunno,,, Are we overreacting to all of this? I keep thinking back to Patrick last year limping around and STILL throwing TD's and winning. Ankle, calf I know but it is still an injury.

The major difference is Mahomes was near the SB, Burrow started the season out with this, kind of stupid. Gutting it out is for the end, it's not like he can treat an NFL game like a PT session, which is what is happening.

Maybe Zac thinks burrow needs the time (even if we lose) to get on the same page and just use the games as avoiding injury as much as possible. I think it's messing up his mechanics and mental game and he's forming bad habits that maybe only the offseason can break.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:42 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol please.  Burrow has proven himself in college and at the professional level.  TOTALLY ludicrous to think a partial strength Burrow would be as effective as a full strength  Burrow.

Partial strength Burrow shouldn't look this bad. Equally effective as full strength Burrow of course not. Partial strength Burrow having fans calling for McCarron and Browning to start bad. That is a level of bad none of us could have expected. Typically you can (maybe not win) score more than 3 points in more than 2 out of 4 games with an elite QB deemed healthy enough to play even at partial strength......

With this supposedly loaded roster....

And offensive weapons folks are ready to sacrifice other positions in order to extend these "weapons".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It's just annoying and a lie.  Do we have a totally new offense this year?  One that has zero under center plays, no QB boots, roll outs, etc?  It's not like the opponents cant see for themselves that Joe is extremely limited.  So this is simply nonsense and unnecessary lip service.  It is ok to say, Joe is not "fine", but he may be the best chance we have to win games and they need to do better in figuring out how to make that happen.  But cut the BS that he is "fine" and the team just sucks.... we all watch the games.

I don't care what Zac says. Zac could say Burrow is fine all he wants. What I care about is what Zac does. He says Burrow is fine, but then rolls out a restricted playbook, has Burrow stand as still in the pocket as possible NO MATTER WHAT, then I have a problem. He says Burrow is fine, but starts Browning or benches Burrow if he plays as ineffectively as he did against the Browns or Titans, then I'm ok because he's at least trying to address the problem.

I get restricting the playbook at first, but it's only worked against the Rams and even that wasn't all that great. 3 out of 4 games the offense has looked like ass. Something needs to change. If Zac the HC is as good as I think he can be, he addresses it. He doesn't have to tell us what he's doing, but he addresses it. Whether it be drastic like benching Burrow and/or replacing Callahan and letting the new OC call the plays, whatever. But SOMETHING needs to be done.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a bit disingenuous. They extended Hendrickson, and re-signed both Wilson and Pratt this offseason. And the DL is still the highest paid unit on the team by far.

From my couch, the biggest struggle is....aside from being gassed a lot....Nick Scott is struggling, and Mike Hilton is REALLY struggling.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote