Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
Reply/Quote
Burrow is obviously not right, but the team as a whole seems to lack some spirit. I suppose that is typically going to go hand in hand with losing, but whether it is related to Burrow or lacking some collective "fire in the belly," they just seem to be off on so many of the intangible things that made them so endearing ( I admit this is teetering on being a crutch argument but oh well, I at least consider it's something I'm seeing). And I've never been a Zac basher, but if you are going to play your qb w/ his obvious current limitations, you have to be able to find different and creative ways to move the offense. Perhaps we might have to pivot away from our offense's identity for the time being. After so many failed drives, you'd think that they would realize that they are stubbornly doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It's not the first time in a game that I've felt that it might behoove us to lean on Mixon with a bit more conviction. Grind out some clock, let our defense get a few minutes of oxygen back, and maybe if you punch a few first downs ( and wind their defense a bit), you might get them to account for it; bring a safety up in the box, and then catch them on a shot play that you've been so obviously desperate .

On another tangent: Man, I also hate the timing of Charlie Jone's injury. This would've been a perfect shot for him to get some snaps.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:40 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Burrow is obviously not right, but the team as a whole seems to lack some spirit.  I suppose that is typically going to go hand in hand with losing, but whether it is related to Burrow or lacking some collective "fire in the belly," they just seem to be off on so many of the intangible things that made them so endearing ( I admit this is teetering on being a crutch argument but oh well, I at least consider it's  something I'm seeing).  And I've never been a Zac basher, but if you are going to play your qb w/ his obvious current limitations, you have to be able to find different and creative ways to move the offense.  Perhaps we might have to pivot away from our offense's identity for the time being, but after so many failed drives, you'd think that they would realize that they are stubbornly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.   It's not the first time in a game that I've felt that it might behoove us to lean on Mixon with a bit more conviction.   Grind out some clock, let our defense get a few minutes of oxygen back, and maybe if you punch a few first downs and wind their defense a bit, you might get them to account for it; bring a safety up in the box, and then catch them on a shot play that you've been so obviously desperate .  

On another tangent:  Man, I also hate the timing of Charlie Jone's injury.   This would've been a perfect shot for him to get some snaps.

I read an article that basically says creativity isn't a hallmark of this offense. They out talent teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

[Image: 05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg]

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b95258wpydgkxs7lb9dvmge...w.gif&ct=g]

At least Tomlin admitted changes are needed with his mess of a team. This fake shit ain’t it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg]

At least Tomlin admitted changes are needed with his mess of a team. This fake shit ain’t it.

Well then anyone involved with the offense should be fired immediately.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Meh, I think he has to say that. Convince the Cards he'll be using the full playbook. Or at least try. Otherwise we'll see Tennessee 2.0, with a defense that knows we're one-dimensional and makes us pay for it all game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:49 PM)tms Wrote: Meh, I think he has to say that. Convince the Cards he'll be using the full playbook. Or at least try. Otherwise we'll see Tennessee 2.0, with a defense that knows we're one-dimensional and makes us pay for it all game. 

What part of "Zac's a moron" are you missing.

It's the only answer. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg]

Correct, not that anyone gives a shit what I think but it's not going to be easy rooting for Zac if he starts bs'ing his answers with dishonesty.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read an article that basically says creativity isn't a hallmark of this offense. They out talent teams.

I hate to say it, but it does seem so at times.   I mean, they couldn't fire Taylor after the success of the past 2 seasons, but I know that many fans (openly or not) have kind of wondered what the offense would look like with one of the elite offensive minds (Shannahan/Mcdaniel/McVey/Reid/Dabol/Waldron/Johnson and I could name more, but you get it...Kelly called an amazing game against us too haha)  paired with the weapons we have.   After the success over the past two seasons, I get that they had W's and stats to keep their jobs of course, but I have at times at least considered the point that the quote above is trying to make.   Having a Wr core like that with a young qb of Burrow's pedigree and talent has been such a golden opportunity.   Maybe I'm just pissed off and venting, because I usually keep thoughts like these to myself.  I actually think Taylor has some good qualities as a coach, although offensive ingenuity hasn't been one I would credit him with. I was a little jealous when Baltimore landed Monken this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't think speed matters here is what matters his overall play after 4 games 2 tds less than 200 yards a game under 70% ranking , he is playing bad but does not seem himself but everyone it seems think he good enough to play

I brought up ball velocity because there was discussion about his injury reducing his ability to drive the ball. 
Reply/Quote
How is he healthier 24 hours after the game than he was before game? If he was healthy, why are our deep balls 7 yard outs? That means we should be seeing balls going past the sticks on third and 9 instead of a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage, right?

Defenses are pretty sure they only have a ten yard field to defend with check downs as the offense. Making the Bengals prove they can put something 20+ yards down the field. They know that is not happening. Just hope nothing additional happens.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:39 PM)Destro Wrote: How is he healthier 24 hours after the game than he was before game? If he was healthy, why are our deep balls 7 yard outs? That means we should be seeing balls going past the sticks on third and 9 instead of a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage, right?

Defenses are pretty sure they only have a ten yard field to defend with check downs as the offense. Making the Bengals prove they can put something 20+ yards down the field. They know that is not happening. Just hope nothing additional happens.

When will someone ask Zac, if Joe is healthy enough to run a quality offense why has he sucked so bad? ANd ask Joe the same thing since everything is "fine". 

Reply/Quote
What do folks expect Zac to say when a member of the press asks him: "Is Joe Burrow healthy enough to run the offense"e
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What do folks expect Zac to say when a member of the press asks him: "Is Joe Burrow healthy enough to run the offense"e

It's just annoying and a lie.  Do we have a totally new offense this year?  One that has zero under center plays, no QB boots, roll outs, etc?  It's not like the opponents cant see for themselves that Joe is extremely limited.  So this is simply nonsense and unnecessary lip service.  It is ok to say, Joe is not "fine", but he may be the best chance we have to win games and they need to do better in figuring out how to make that happen.  But cut the BS that he is "fine" and the team just sucks.... we all watch the games.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: BAL probably knocks us out of the playoffs with Lamar last year lol
No doubt.  The Fumble recovery for a TD was a miracle.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Steelers sucking almost as much as us has been one of the only bright spots of this season.

I'll 100% agree to that!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: You don’t have to move to beat the blitz. Have you been watching. Check chases breakout game against the chiefs. That ball was out and quick. Check all the 2021 tape. Burrow has always been a pocket passer. A classic QB. Him being a Brady like statue back there doesn’t hirt him like you guys are making it out to. Maybe other qbs but not Burrow who has proven time and time again he can throw from a phone booth. 

Now y’all just insulting him acting like his game hasn’t been the classic pocket passer.

.....but is game HAS been reduced to the classic pocket passer.  Eyes don't lie lol
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I do but if he can’t slide at least to the left 2 months later then he wouldn’t be playing because that would be just outrageous. Again I’m not saying he should be able to break out of sacks and scramble for first downs or big plays down field but if he can drop back he can take a step the the left at least and should be able to to the right. We are talking a step. Literally. Not a sprint. Not a spin. They even used the term slide.

I can’t believe he can’t slide. I think they’ve forgotten what Burrow has been in the pocket. Look at the film. He doesn’t have to move to be successful that was his super power. Not his calling card.

He hit the top of his drop and the ball is out. He has the quickest release in the league for a reason. You don’t get that doing the dancing in the pocket folks got him needing to do to be successful.
Every single thing you mention is of someone who is overconfident in themselves.  I think Burrow is a great QB when healthy and able to display his full realm of talents, but sitting in the pocket forever isn't going to cut it.  Not for him or ANY QB whether healthy or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not even overreacting. I’m speaking the truth. In a couple weeks the board will catch up. 

What we are witnessing is a culmination of things. All crashing down at once. The league is still on to this offense with a healthy Burrow yes. 

But we said in 2020 Burrow wouldn’t survive if he kept taking a beating. It’s season 4 of his bearings and he’s the chickens are home.This should shock no one. We all said he wouldn’t make it if it kept up and it has and he has potentially been ……..

Well he may never be the same.

Lol please.  Burrow has proven himself in college and at the professional level.  TOTALLY ludicrous to think a partial strength Burrow would be as effective as a full strength  Burrow.
Reply/Quote
The TOTALLY FUNNY thing is that Chase said Burrow shouldn't come back until, what, the 4th or 5th game????? He, more than ANYONE, would know how Burrow is progressing and how effective he would be as an NFL QB. Chase ca say say all day long that the team isn't executing......and if Chase were talking about the defense I might agree.....but ANYONE with any common sense can CLEARLY see Burrow is not himself. Anyone thinking Burrow is perfectly fine is lacking grey matter in their brain.
Reply/Quote