Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked XP
Was the snap really bad? Looked ok to me.

Seemed more like no one blocked Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Was the snap really bad? Looked ok to me.

Snap wasn't the issue, even if the snap had have been bad, you've gotta make the job of blocking the kick way harder than we did.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Snap wasn't the issue, even if the snap had have been bad, you've gotta make the job of blocking the kick way harder than we did.

Precisely.
Reply/Quote
The snap was fine just slow which gave him a chance to get through to block it, not that the blocking was up to much.

On the missed FG I think he tried to put a bit more on it which is why it came out high.
Reply/Quote
Snap went back slower than usual, but competent blocking would have been easily enough to eliminate that factor. Fitzpatrick is a good, quick player, so it was very easy for him to get there in time
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Was the snap really bad? Looked ok to me.

It was too soft/slow. Timing is everything in kicking, and the snap needs to get back there quicker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:02 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The snap was fine just slow which gave him a chance to get through to block it, not that the blocking was up to much.

On the missed FG I think he tried to put a bit more on it which is why it came out high.

If you watch the replay in slo-mo,you’ll find that the holder,as a result of a high snap,didn’t have time to turn the laces on the football,resulting in him
Kicking the laces on the right side,causing it to shank left.
Reply/Quote
Snap was high and slow. Threw all the timing off.

Not blocking Fitzpatrick was egregious as hell too.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If you watch the replay in slo-mo,you’ll find that the holder,as a result of a high snap,didn’t have time to turn the laces on the football,resulting in him
Kicking the laces on the right side,causing it to shank left.

that one was on Huber. They snapped on 3rd down in case of a bad snap. They got a bad snap. Huber should have eaten the ball and tried again for another snap.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)pally Wrote:

Props to him. Respect
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Props to him. Respect

Has anyone explained what happened to Clark Harris and when and why it was so serious he couldn't make one snap for the win?   (And I hope it wasn't a Steeler taking him out, like happened with Higgins.)
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
He probably got hurt double-fisting a tall boy on the sideline. Haha
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Was the snap really bad? Looked ok to me.

(09-11-2022, 07:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Snap wasn't the issue, even if the snap had have been bad, you've gotta make the job of blocking the kick way harder than we did.

(09-11-2022, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely.

The snap was an issue. It took 3 days to get back to the holder. Watch any NFL game and you'll see how close every PAT comes to being blocked. 

We're talking fractions of a second here. It's why LS is a specialty. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: Has anyone explained what happened to Clark Harris and when and why it was so serious he couldn't make one snap for the win?   (And I hope it wasn't a Steeler taking him out, like happened with Higgins.)

He injured it on a punt when he was making a block.  You can't snap when your dominant arm is injured.  If he tore the muscle or bicep tendon he could be lost for the season.  Thank Goodness they kept Adomitis on the PS.

While Wilcox was busy taking responsibility for his snaps, McPherson was busy taking responsibility for his kicks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They’re not even allowed to hit him. Maybe it was on punt coverage.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

It looked slow.  Took a while to get there
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:03 PM)pally Wrote: He injured it on a punt when he was making a block.  You can't snap when your dominant arm is injured.  If he tore the muscle or bicep tendon he could be lost for the season.  Thank Goodness they kept Adomitis on the PS.

While Wilcox was busy taking responsibility for his snaps, McPherson was busy taking responsibility for his kicks.

Hmm. Everyone is ok with blaming themselves except for one.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought a blocked extra point would decide the game? The Bengals should not have let it come down to the extra point. Blame the turnovers that really cost us the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote