Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Board Fantasy Baseball League
(03-25-2018, 12:23 AM)Tama Wrote: Nah, this time of year, fans in Pittsburgh are just as passionate about their Pens as they are in the fall about the Steelers.  Especially since they're going for their 3rd consecutive Stanley Cup Championship. 

I'm sure the fans in Cincy have the same passion for THEIR hockey tea........wait...what?  Oops, sorry...nevermind.

[Image: CYCLONES2012.gif]

Only 3 losing seasons since it was created in 1990. 2x ECHL Champions.   :andy:

Also, do your Penguins have dollar beer night?   Drunk

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Will not recognize my email and let me in for some reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 12:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: CYCLONES2012.gif]

Ok, obviously, I meant big boy hockey.  But, it does bring up an interesting riddle:

What do the Cin. Cyclones and Pgh Pirates have in common? 

For both teams, the goal of every player is to leave.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 10:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will not recognize my email and let me in for some reason.

I clicked on Bfine's link he posted and I'm on. so far 3 of us.  I was on Yahoo last year, so maybe that helped.  I think I had some trouble first getting onto Yahoo Baseball last year. Could be I had to go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and go through start up.  

I bet if you go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and sign up for some other league for free, then afterwards you should be able to click on Bfine's link and be right in as I was.  

If clicking link still not working.  Try going to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and going through steps to join a free league. Once in system, joining other leagues is easy.  Yes, I do think last year joining my first league with Yahoo, I had to go through steps creating an account, much like joining Bengals Boards.  Good luck Go Cards. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I could play if needed, though I would not be able to draft as I am on vacation with the family.
Reply/Quote

Oh Gawd, most of those beers are Pabst. They probably subsidize the cost of beer night by getting a kickback from the company that supplies TP to the shitters in the arena. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 04:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh Gawd, most of those beers are Pabst. They probably subsidize the cost of beer night by getting a kickback from the company that supplies TP to the shitters in the arena. 

I never thought I’d see the day a Pittsburgh guy would complain about the brand of beer on dollar beer night. That city is losing all its values.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I signed up.
Reply/Quote

No, I'm pretty sure they don't.  But unlike Cincinnati fans,  Pittsburgh fans don't need to be baited with cheap alcohol to show up, and,  they can afford regular priced beer.  I'm guessing that dollar beer night is the teams most successful promotion, far exceeding Vaclav Karabacek  bobblehead night.  
   Smirk

Cheers
Reply/Quote
BUMP to top after my post on Bengals Main Site dropped down here as I expected. Just trying to help OP get this league going. Not really concerned if anybody out there is all anal about Bengal Board. Trying to help member out was worth a try.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 11:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I signed up.

That has it up to 5 on Tuesday Morning. Hopefully more join.  If not, I suggest we 5 each add a team on Thursday before draft to get 10 teams.  Hopefully more will join up, and that not needed. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 01:11 AM)Tama Wrote: No, I'm pretty sure they don't.  But unlike Cincinnati fans,  Pittsburgh fans don't need to be baited with cheap alcohol to show up, and,  they can afford regular priced beer.  I'm guessing that dollar beer night is the teams most successful promotion, far exceeding Vaclav Karabacek  bobblehead night.  
   Smirk

Cheers

Wait......I thought you were a Cincy fan, judging by your posts in Jungle Noise...... Mellow :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 01:11 AM)Tama Wrote: No, I'm pretty sure they don't.  But unlike Cincinnati fans,  Pittsburgh fans don't need to be baited with cheap alcohol to show up, and,  they can afford regular priced beer.  I'm guessing that dollar beer night is the teams most successful promotion, far exceeding Vaclav Karabacek  bobblehead night.  
   Smirk

Cheers

Nobody cares about hockey.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:37 PM)kevin Wrote: I clicked on Bfine's link he posted and I'm on. so far 3 of us.  I was on Yahoo last year, so maybe that helped.  I think I had some trouble first getting onto Yahoo Baseball last year. Could be I had to go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and go through start up.  

I bet if you go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and sign up for some other league for free, then afterwards you should be able to click on Bfine's link and be right in as I was.  

If clicking link still not working.  Try going to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and going through steps to join a free league. Once in system, joining other leagues is easy.  Yes, I do think last year joining my first league with Yahoo, I had to go through steps creating an account, much like joining Bengals Boards.  Good luck Go Cards. 

If you can, plz repost link & I will join.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 01:10 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If you can, plz repost link & I will join.
Bfine32 has it in post in this on page 2.  LINK IS IN ORANGE.  just click on it.

If you have problems as Go Cards did, let me know. You may need to google up Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and go into free teams, create a team and create an account as when joining bengals site, and then come back and click on this site.  Hopefully clicking on this orange link gets you in as easy as I got in. 

If you join, that makes 6 teams. rising from 3 starting yesterday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Count me in.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 06:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never thought I’d see the day a Pittsburgh guy would complain about the brand of beer on dollar beer night. That city is losing all its values.

In Pittsburgh Im considered high class. My trailer sits on a concrete pad, not cinder blocks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 01:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Count me in.
You would make 7.  I just added another CBS team and the league that had a good time to draft tomorrow was a Grateful Dead League.  I think people making a team on Yahoo trying to create a team will be looking for upcoming draft times and join Bengals Board League and fill this up.  I think that's how many leagues get filled up.  I could care less about a Grateful Dead League, but they draft tomorrow afternoon and the other drafted at 10 PM, which is no good for me and my touch of grey. 

So hope you click on his site and join.  That makes 7, and I think people creating teams on Yahoo may also help fill out the 12 team league, as I did with Dead Heads due to I liked their draft time over some others. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm in. Unfortunately, I have a show that night, but I may have a buddy that can pinch manage so to speak.
Reply/Quote
When is the draft? I might be interested
Reply/Quote