Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board is still kicking
I havent been on in a few months(cue beaker with his "you were gone" line) but i see that many of the old timers have migrated over to this site. Thats good to see. I havent checked yet to see if coltsy boy was still getting kicked around like before though.

How does this site compare to the main board? Better? Worse? Dont care?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:31 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I havent been on in a few months(cue beaker with his "you were gone" line) but i see that many of the old timers have migrated over to this site.  Thats good to see.  I havent checked yet to see if coltsy boy was still getting kicked around like before though.  

How does this site compare to the main board?  Better?  Worse?  Dont care?

Nobody really seems to be missing the old board.  Great so far.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's actually not all that noticeable that this isn't the old board. There are a few format changes and tweaks to how things work, but the machine has chugged along and this place is thriving.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Better, much better IMHO. Love this Board. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's actually not all that noticeable that this isn't the old board.  There are a few format changes and tweaks to how things work, but the machine has chugged along and this place is thriving.

Agreed, I found another place to talk about a whole lot of other things other than football. LOL
Reply/Quote
I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned. And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned.  And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.

No shit brother, no shit.
Reply/Quote
No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned. And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.

When the mothership imploded I joined one of the other sites where there was no language filter, and it got old wading through the sea of f-bombs. I use the word myself, but it's a nice balance having some freedom but not a complete freee-for-all.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 05:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When the mothership imploded I joined one of the other sites where there was no language filter, and it got old wading through the sea of f-bombs.  I use the word myself, but it's a nice balance having some freedom but not a complete freee-for-all.

True, true.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.

Sums it up pretty good.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sums it up pretty good.   ThumbsUp

Does.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.

:blush:

This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

As far as the site, I think it says a lot about the strength of the posters here that so many carried over. Is good to see.
Reply/Quote
The people here is what makes it so great!
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
It really is cool here.  I don't do the Facebook and tweeting and what not.  This is my only social media outlet and I've gotten use to the posters over the years.  I don't hate anyone, though we may disagree at times...but everybody's cool.  

It's fun and informative at the same time.
Reply/Quote
Seems to have less arguing and condemnation than the other site. Somehow the troll filter was turned on. Love it.

Reply/Quote

Nicely said
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 08:11 PM)Benton Wrote: :blush:

This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

As far as the site, I think it says a lot about the strength of the posters here that so many carried over. Is good to see.

Truth
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 08:11 PM)Benton Wrote: This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

C'mon...I'm positive all the time you know nothing jerk!

I'm an effing ray of sunshine around here.
Reply/Quote
Only thing I miss on the old boards was my 25k+ post count haha.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote