Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Board is still kicking - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Board is still kicking (/Thread-Board-is-still-kicking)

Pages: 1 2

Board is still kicking - Browns Town Bengal - 09-06-2015

I havent been on in a few months(cue beaker with his "you were gone" line) but i see that many of the old timers have migrated over to this site. Thats good to see. I havent checked yet to see if coltsy boy was still getting kicked around like before though.

How does this site compare to the main board? Better? Worse? Dont care?

RE: Board is still kicking - McC - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 01:31 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I havent been on in a few months(cue beaker with his "you were gone" line) but i see that many of the old timers have migrated over to this site.  Thats good to see.  I havent checked yet to see if coltsy boy was still getting kicked around like before though.  

How does this site compare to the main board?  Better?  Worse?  Dont care?

Nobody really seems to be missing the old board.  Great so far.

RE: Board is still kicking - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-06-2015

It's actually not all that noticeable that this isn't the old board. There are a few format changes and tweaks to how things work, but the machine has chugged along and this place is thriving.

RE: Board is still kicking - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-06-2015

Better, much better IMHO. Love this Board. Rock On

RE: Board is still kicking - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 02:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's actually not all that noticeable that this isn't the old board.  There are a few format changes and tweaks to how things work, but the machine has chugged along and this place is thriving.

Agreed, I found another place to talk about a whole lot of other things other than football. LOL

RE: Board is still kicking - Tiger Teeth - 09-06-2015

I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned. And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.

(09-06-2015, 04:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned.  And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.

No shit brother, no shit.

RE: Board is still kicking - Beaker - 09-06-2015

No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.

RE: Board is still kicking - Awful Llama - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 04:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love this board, much better than the old one as far as I'm concerned. And many people seem to like the fact that you can say shit.

When the mothership imploded I joined one of the other sites where there was no language filter, and it got old wading through the sea of f-bombs. I use the word myself, but it's a nice balance having some freedom but not a complete freee-for-all.

(09-06-2015, 05:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When the mothership imploded I joined one of the other sites where there was no language filter, and it got old wading through the sea of f-bombs.  I use the word myself, but it's a nice balance having some freedom but not a complete freee-for-all.

True, true.

RE: Board is still kicking - Tiger Teeth - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.

Sums it up pretty good.   ThumbsUp

(09-06-2015, 06:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sums it up pretty good.   ThumbsUp

Does.

RE: Board is still kicking - Benton - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: No Hobspin. Great mods. Looser reins. An NSFW zone! And still the members have been really good at self policing and being respectful of one another. This board is head and shoulders above the old one....and the old one was regarded as one of the best fan boards in the NFL.

:blush:

This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

As far as the site, I think it says a lot about the strength of the posters here that so many carried over. Is good to see.

RE: Board is still kicking - Bmoreblitz - 09-07-2015

The people here is what makes it so great!

RE: Board is still kicking - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-07-2015

It really is cool here.  I don't do the Facebook and tweeting and what not.  This is my only social media outlet and I've gotten use to the posters over the years.  I don't hate anyone, though we may disagree at times...but everybody's cool.  

It's fun and informative at the same time.

RE: Board is still kicking - HarleyDog - 09-07-2015

Seems to have less arguing and condemnation than the other site. Somehow the troll filter was turned on. Love it.

RE: Board is still kicking - Stewy - 09-07-2015

Nicely said

RE: Board is still kicking - Stewy - 09-07-2015

(09-06-2015, 08:11 PM)Benton Wrote: :blush:

This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

As far as the site, I think it says a lot about the strength of the posters here that so many carried over. Is good to see.

Truth

RE: Board is still kicking - Beaker - 09-07-2015

(09-06-2015, 08:11 PM)Benton Wrote: This may be the first time I've ever seen beaker talk positively about anything other than boobs.

C'mon...I'm positive all the time you know nothing jerk!

I'm an effing ray of sunshine around here.

RE: Board is still kicking - magikod - 09-07-2015

Only thing I miss on the old boards was my 25k+ post count haha.