Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Re-Signed
When olineman gets a false start at times
its a sure sign hes twitchy and the guy hes been passblocking and run blocking against all day is having his way with Hart.
whats more concerning is that Lewis said weeks ago Hart and Redmond were the weak links of the oline
and Turner is downplaying Harts errors.
but Im curious why Lewis didnt bench Redmond/Hart?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:03 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Comparing a bad contract to another bad one makes little sense. Hart is essentially the worst RT in the league, Taylor is seriously overpaid now and will probably be cut in a year or two to save cap space. This was either an idiotic move or a panic move but it is a bad move all the same. Hart blows, sucks, etc. He is awful. Honestly this is just like when they re-signed Rey M at $5M per year when no other team would even give him a sniff. Let the best players walk away but overpay the average or below average ones. Brilliant player and cap management. 

If you look over thethe last 5 years we actually have loss few of our very good players so cant agree that we just let best players go, and if you point to Whit, we keep him for like 13 years...before he let
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are fans upset because they wanted a stud FA that will likely cost 4 or 5 years at 14 million a year? He is a NFL starting RT who is young who hopefully gets better with experience. Didn't the 49ers just give away a starting RT in 2018 (Brown NE) who improved a ton in one year. He improved so much the Raiders gave him a ton of money.

It is what it is, we have both starting tackles back from 2018 now. 

If our fans were great talent evaluators, I would be concerned. But, look around, they are not.

The goal is to actually improve year over year. Not stay the same or go backwards even more.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if this has been mentioned (probably has), but this NFL.com free agent tracker has me feeling slightly better about the signing because it notes that it's only worth $16.15 million (and a max value of $21.15 million with incentives and escalators, per Pelissero.

Still overpaying him, but he's only the 16th-highest-paid RT, which is still too high, but not as bad, especially with only 5.3 guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
I was busy yesterday and missed this news. I just about choked on my food while eating. I was mad for like a minute and then cracked up laughing. I’ve already stopped spending my money on this shit show and I’m finally about done with self afflicted pain. I’m giving them this one last season to show that they’re going in the right direction. I’ve been a big fan since 88 and I’m finally gonna wise up. Common sense screw ups are still being made. I’m not gonna get mad this season, I’m just gonna laugh at the pathetic crap. What a shit ass ownership.
Reply/Quote
According to this he is only getting a base of £900,000 this season and we can cut him next season for £2m dead money.
I don't think the deal is as bad as everyone made it out to be
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/
Reply/Quote
This off season started off with Marvin being fired and that was awesome but since then it’s been a downfall and it’s looking like one the worst off seasons we’ve ever had but this is a pre mature overreaction i know but still 6 years 42 mil between Hart and Preston Brown like gtfoh a god awful Tackle and a two down LB
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's difficult to find a silver lining in Cincinnati's move to re-sign Hart

Only silver lining I see is that he is 24 and has time to improve.... Getting him to improve seems far-fetched though.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:37 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I was busy yesterday and missed this news. I just about choked on my food while eating. I was mad for like a minute and then cracked up laughing. I’ve already stopped spending my money on this shit show and I’m finally about done with self afflicted pain. I’m giving them this one last season to show that they’re going in the right direction. I’ve been a big fan since 88 and I’m finally gonna wise up. Common sense screw ups are still being made. I’m not gonna get mad this season, I’m just gonna laugh at the pathetic crap. What a shit ass ownership.

I don't feel that your 'Go Bengals' mood is matching your post  Cool lol
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:46 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: According to this he is only getting a base of £900,000 this season and we can cut him next season for £2m dead money.
I don't think the deal is as bad as everyone made it out to be
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/

Anything over vet minimum for one of the worst offensive linemen in the league is a very bad deal.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Every off-season it becomes a little clearer why Carson Palmer left.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 08:58 PM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: Every off-season it becomes a little clearer why Carson Palmer left.

You know Andy is already losing sleep over the Hart resigning. I feel for Andy.
Reply/Quote
What are you all talking about?

“It’s hard to find guys that look and play like him as far as his athletic skill set,” Callahan said Tuesday.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 08:58 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Anything over vet minimum for one of the worst offensive linemen in the league is a very bad deal.  Mellow

5 bucks is a bad deal. Point is why keep a player if he stinks
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:57 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 5 bucks is a bad deal.  Point is why keep a player if he stinks

Maybe because he played every offensive snap last season, without an injury.  Maybe, despite his shortcoming, he kept playing hard, even when the season was lost?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I just don't know who they were negotiating against. I know the Tackle market was insane, but seriously that is truly nuts.

To me,this is a bad deal when I look at this upfront,this guy is awlful and if our former OL coach could not get this guy to play better,no one will.This is a stupid deal and I was so hoping he was gone,who is running this show.a bunch of clowns.Unless this guy balls out this year under a new OL coach,we just got screwed.He is not big enough to play the position,he gets pushed back into the qb constantly and give up a ton of sacks.Dalton will get killed when he plays.This is nuts,if he is the starting rt I give up.dumb dumb and hey ZT,what are you doing dude????
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you look over thethe last 5 years we actually have loss few of our very good players so cant agree that we just let best players go, and if you point to Whit, we keep him for like 13 years...before he let

Whit, Zeitler, Nelson, Hall, Jones, Sanu, Peko...we've lost more than a few good players.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe because he played every offensive snap last season, without an injury.  Maybe, despite his shortcoming, he kept playing hard, even when the season was lost?

Congrats, he gets a participation trophy not a new 3 year/ 21 mill deal. This is professional football, not a youth soccer league
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know Andy is already losing sleep over the Hart resigning. I feel for Andy.

Could you imagine how hard an insurance agent would laugh at him? 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:24 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Congrats, he gets a participation trophy not a new 3 year/ 21 mill deal. This is professional football, not a youth soccer league

You don't have any idea what those coaches saw when they critically analyzed the game tapes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote