Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Re-Signed
(03-12-2019, 08:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't feel that your 'Go Bengals' mood is matching your post  Cool lol

Lmao.... It Should normally be Frustrated.
Reply/Quote
We do know. Turner was impressed.

That's a red flag if true.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't have any idea what those coaches saw when they critically analyzed the game tapes.

Probably the same thing everyone else saw...... Bobby Hart getting owned and penalized.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:41 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Probably the same thing everyone else saw...... Bobby Hart getting owned and penalized.

Dang man, if you're really that depressed, now is a perfect time to jump ship.  From what I hear and read, the Browns are on the rise...    LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The issue with zone blocking is that it's hard to tell how well a tackle is playing. Depending on if anyone flanks a DE, then the DE is not necessarily a tackle's assignment.

The added problem is that Hart was lined up next to sub par RGs.

So one can't say for certain if the penalty is his assignment or is he helping the RG with his space.

He isn't an elite RT, but not terrible either.

Also, the details of the contract could uncover areas that would make the $7M, unreachable.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dang man, if you're really that depressed, now is a perfect time to jump ship.  From what I hear and read, the Browns are on the rise...    LOL

If the Browns win a Super Bowl before we do, I will retire from the sport of football.  Ninja 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dang man, if you're really that depressed, now is a perfect time to jump ship.  From what I hear and read, the Browns are on the rise...    LOL

Not depressed at all. You’re cool with Bobby Hart as our starting RT and I think we could do better.....that’s all. Can’t do anything about it. Since you brought it up though....do you think this team will be better than the Browns this year?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know Andy is already losing sleep over the Hart resigning. I feel for Andy.

Andy is not losing a seconds sleep over this signing. 

He realizes 27 QBs last year were sacked more than him last year, he realizes he has never been injured in his 8 year career from getting sacked, and he realizes he has professional folks making these personnel decisions. 

Feel for Andy all you want; but he's not feeling for himself. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy is not losing a seconds sleep over this signing. 

He realizes 27 QBs last year were sacked more than him last year, he realizes he has never been injured in his 8 year career from getting sacked, and he realizes he has professional folks making these personnel decisions. 

Feel for Andy all you want; but he's not feeling for himself. 

They either held on to the ball for too long OR were hybrid QB's that like to scramble a lot.  Andy is the type that gets blindsided. I bet when they got rid of Bodine, he was able to sleep better.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: They either held on to the ball for too long OR were hybrid QB's that like to scramble a lot.  Andy is the type that gets blindsided. I bet when they got rid of Bodine, he was able to sleep better.

Well Hart doesn't protect his blindside. 

You do realize Price is the reason he got hurt this year don't you? Bodine never got him hurt. So bet all you want, but you may be wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you look over thethe last 5 years we actually have loss few of our very good players so cant agree that we just let best players go, and if you point to Whit, we keep him for like 13 years...before he let

Whit, Zeitler, Jones, Sanu - all could have been easily signed in our cap especially given the slugs we overpaid
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Hart doesn't protect his blindside. 

You do realize Price is the reason he got hurt this year don't you? Bodine never got him hurt. So bet all you want, but you may be wrong. 

If sacks were the only problem, that would be manageable (getting double-team help, etc), Hart is a penalty machine, which is a bigger problem than Andy's sleep, but I'd still put my money on Andy losing sleep over him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not depressed at all. You’re cool with Bobby Hart as our starting RT and I think we could do better.....that’s all. Can’t do anything about it. Since you brought it up though....do you think this team will be better than the Browns this year?

I never said that I was "cool" with Bobby Hart being signed, only that I can rationalize why the organization chose to re-sign him.  To be honest, I wanted much better, but I really wouldn't have wanted to see the Bengals pay 2.5X what they did, for only marginally better results.  I want to see a couple of Tackles drafted, one of them to be a top prospect.

What has me riled, is all of these "fans" that seem to be pissed off, or ready to jump off of a ledge, simply because the Bengals didn't throw stupid money at average players, simply because they weren't on last year's team.  The Tackles and LBs signed in the last two days received money well above their merit.  Sure, I would like to have seen a couple of those guys on the Bengals roster, but not at those costs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If sacks were the only problem, that would be manageable (getting double-team help, etc), Hart is a penalty machine, which is a bigger problem than Andy's sleep, but I'd still put my money on Andy losing sleep over him.

Put your money wherever you want. I'm gonna go with he's less upset about the signing that 99.9% of this forum

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If sacks were the only problem, that would be manageable (getting double-team help, etc), Hart is a penalty machine, which is a bigger problem than Andy's sleep, but I'd still put my money on Andy losing sleep over him.

Jeff Driskel snap counts were a huge reason for alot of Harts false starts. I remember defensive ends timing the counts because Driskel had a hard time varying them.

I wouldnt call Hart a penalty machine since he only had 4 total in 2017 and 5 in 2016.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never said that I was "cool" with Bobby Hart being signed, only that I can rationalize why the organization chose to re-sign him.  To be honest, I wanted much better, but I really wouldn't have wanted to see the Bengals pay 2.5X what they did, for only marginally better results.  I want to see a couple of Tackles drafted, one of them to be a top prospect.

What has me riled, is all of these "fans" that seem to be pissed off, or ready to jump off of a ledge, simply because the Bengals didn't throw stupid money at average players, simply because they weren't on last year's team.  The Tackles and LBs signed in the last two days received money well above their merit.  Sure, I would like to have seen a couple of those guys on the Bengals roster, but not at those costs.

I haven't looked at who's still out there, but I'm guessing some value free agents are left.

We need to sign another LB like Fort. Then, do something at CB.

The only positive I see is we can go BPA in the draft now.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never said that I was "cool" with Bobby Hart being signed, only that I can rationalize why the organization chose to re-sign him.  To be honest, I wanted much better, but I really wouldn't have wanted to see the Bengals pay 2.5X what they did, for only marginally better results.  I want to see a couple of Tackles drafted, one of them to be a top prospect.

In your opinion, what’s more conducive to winning....since that is the ONLY goal. Investing in a consistent below average player and HOPING they get better or spending more on a proven player who is at worst average.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not depressed at all. You’re cool with Bobby Hart as our starting RT and I think we could do better.....that’s all. Can’t do anything about it. Since you brought it up though....do you think this team will be better than the Browns this year?

I don't think anybody is "cool" with Hart starting at RT.  I would be apprehensive if he's the starter opening day.  At the same time, FA isn't over.  In fact, it hasn't even officially started.  There's also the draft and the trade market.  Can we at least see who is actually going to start at RT before we lose our minds?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't have any idea what those coaches saw when they critically analyzed the game tapes.

Lol.  Are they watching some other magical tape that nobody else can see?  You dont have to be a mastermind to see that bobby hart sucked last year.  It was glaring how bad the right side of the oline was.  I would have been fine signing him in a week for about 2 mil a year but paying a guy 7 mil a year ensures he will start and that sucks because we already know the oline is set up for failure.  Everybody was hoping to see the line get fixed and we kept all the same scrubs...they arent magically going to turn into pro bowlers.  If im mixon or green im dying to get the hell outta here at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think anybody is "cool" with Hart starting at RT.  I would be apprehensive if he's the starter opening day.  At the same time, FA isn't over.  In fact, it hasn't even officially started.  There's also the draft and the trade market.  Can we at least see who is actually going to start at RT before we lose our minds?

Trust me, he’s starting week 1. If not...that just makes Hart’s deal even more idiotic.... 7 mil for a back-up!
Reply/Quote