Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart under pressure
(06-25-2020, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could tell you why many conservatives stay away from this forum, but it would most like lead to another ban. So let's just go with they are cowards.

As to any political toned thread in JN I've made my stance clear. It should be locked after post #1. All it does is create animosity. 

An argument could be made that the board doesn't need ANY political threads. I wasn't a fan of the idea of having a P&R section when the board started, but many members wanted it, so we allowed it. I've second guessed that decision many times over the years...and really so lately. 
Just curious; since when did treating homosexuals the same as heterosexuals equal “promoting homosexuality to children”?

Basically, the golden rule, right?

You’ve got to be a “special” type of person to warp the golden rule into promoting homosexuality and even more “special” to make the leap from homosexuality to pedophilia like I read in Jungle Noise.

Why do conservatives think giving others equal treatment despite differences equates to special treatment?
(06-25-2020, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said I'm stepping away from this one HOFer. 

Kudos for using “HOFer” as a perjorative again.

That’s a masters level class in passive aggressive insults to skirt the COC.

Well done. Tip o’ the hat to ya.
(06-25-2020, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What have gay men done to try and damage and/or limit the rights of women?

In fact the gay men I know like women.  And women love to have gay guys as friends.

What makes you think gay men hate women?

The conversation I'm having with Pat isn't all about rights. It is also about insecurities in people that cause them to hate a class of people for how they were born.  

Gay men can be just as misogynistic as straight ones. 

I think the LGBTQ group fails to represent everyone. Their biggest cause is representing the gay male. All the rest are represented when its convenient or a by  product of an issue that gay men are fight for. I could be wrong, but that's my view on them. 

And you must not know enough gay people. I know gay men that bad mouth women and gay women that bad mouth men. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-25-2020, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said I'm stepping away from this one HOFer. 

I see you've found a new insult for me.  It does have a higher brow sound that sarcastically calling me "buddy" I guess.  I'll take it.

(06-25-2020, 08:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: An argument could be made that the board doesn't need ANY political threads. I wasn't a fan of the idea of having a P&R section when the board started, but many members wanted it, so we allowed it. I've second guessed that decision many times over the years...and really so lately. 

Politics has gotten extra wacky lately (can't imagine why!) so it's hard to expect a rational discussion, really and I'm surprised we do this well.  With that being said, the Jungle Noise politics just smacks of talking points that haven't been challenged.  When you explain to people as if they are morons that the sun is going to kill the corona virus or that pro-maskers want us to all cower in fear it just looks like you've never actually had a conversation with anyone who disagrees with you.

I'll admit I'm a crap person because I see those straight outta Trump's gob arguments and they're like big ol' hanging curves to me. I don't think people realize how little acceptance statements like that make when they aren't coming from the mouth of a billionaire and going directly into the ears of a hand-picked cheering section.
(06-25-2020, 08:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I would need to know more about their history to pinpoint where their hatred of women comes from, but misogyny would definitely fall under that category too and the fact that they're gay doesn't shield them from being bigots. 

Yep. Same. Seems to me those types have had issues with the opposite sex in their past. 

Ps didn't see your post before I made my last one. But we are on the same track talking about misogyny. 
(06-25-2020, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see you've found a new insult for me.  It does have a higher brow sound that sarcastically calling me "buddy" I guess.  I'll take it.

Meh, I just took exception to you slamming the folks in JN that are wise enough to avoid this place. Nothing personal buddy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-25-2020, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I just took exception to you slamming the folks in JN that are wise enough to avoid this place. Nothing personal buddy. 

I guess it is wise to avoid discussion after claiming that Kaepernick hates America, the sun kills covid, and gays are promoting a pedo agenda, yes.  This is where the discussions are and I want to hear more beyond blanket talking points so I can learn a thing or two. 
(06-25-2020, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I just took exception to you slamming the folks in JN that are wise enough to avoid this place. Nothing personal buddy. 

And I admire the emotional intelligence it takes the to use “HOFer” as an insult to skirt the COC. Really clever. That’s real next level lighting a candle in the darkness stuff right there.

And how can you take exception to one particular person, craft a passive aggressive insult personalized to only one specific person, and then claim, “Nothing personal”? Wow, EI is off the charts!
And i guess the discussion has ended with a barrage of irrelevant posts. 

How can you hold politicians to a higher standard when we can't even have a simple conversation with out someone getting butt hurt in every dam thread? 
It doesn't matter who instigated what, quit taking everything so personal. I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes it really irks me about how counter productive some of you get.
(06-25-2020, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not everyone likes being considered/called a racist simply because they have a different political view. 

Buy the ticket take the ride.  If you have an opinion that you yourself are ashamed to even defend, then why in the world would you make it known?  
More to the actual post, I don't get the assertion that anyone is teaching kids to be gay. It's a flat out falsehood and is the gist of what makes the post ill-intended. I've never met a fellow parent or a teacher or a coach who's involved directly with kids say: "you know what, if this all goes well, these kids will all be in same-sex marriages 20 years from now". What person has a need for a D-grade NFL player to enlighten them with a meme demanding that we stop teaching our kids to be gay? I'm guessing literally none.

Even in 2020, it's not advantageous for anyone to be gay. It's a lifestyle that still comes with many significant challenges that wouldn't be there if said person could just flip a switch and declare themselves straight.

Are we supposed to encourage our kids to hate gays? Is Bobby pissed that it's not quite as acceptable to hate them openly? I think that's probably more what he's hoping for with his message. If so, he's a bigger d-bag than I already thought.

I hate to tell the guy, but if he did happen to get released for something like this, fair or unfair, very few fans would be overly upset. If there were an award for least popular Bengal, he'd have great odds at bringing it home.
(06-26-2020, 05:55 AM)samhain Wrote: More to the actual post, I don't get the assertion that anyone is teaching kids to be gay.  It's a flat out falsehood and is the gist of what makes the post ill-intended.  I've never met a fellow parent or a teacher or a coach who's involved directly with kids say:  "you know what, if this all goes well, these kids will all be in same-sex marriages 20 years from now".  What person has a need for a D-grade NFL player to enlighten them with a meme demanding that we stop teaching our kids to be gay?  I'm guessing literally none.  

Even in 2020, it's not advantageous for anyone to be gay.  It's a lifestyle that still comes with many significant challenges that wouldn't be there if said person could just flip a switch and declare themselves straight.  

Are we supposed to encourage our kids to hate gays?  Is Bobby pissed that it's not quite as acceptable to hate them openly?  I think that's probably more what he's hoping for with his message.  If so, he's a bigger d-bag than I already thought.  

I hate to tell the guy, but if he did happen to get released for something like this, fair or unfair, very few fans would be overly upset.  If there were an award for least popular Bengal, he'd have great odds at bringing it home.

No one is "teaching" kids to be gay.  Remember there was a time when people fought to not have married couple share a bed on television.  People fear that their children will "learn" something that they are afraid to address.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-26-2020, 02:52 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And i guess the discussion has ended with a barrage of irrelevant posts. 

How can you hold politicians to a higher standard when we can't even have a simple conversation with out someone getting butt hurt in every dam thread? 
It doesn't matter who instigated what, quit taking everything so personal. I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes it really irks me about how counter productive some of you get.

You could have discussed my post #62 but chose not to do so and instead focused on something else leaving no room to point fingers.
(06-26-2020, 05:55 AM)samhain Wrote: More to the actual post, I don't get the assertion that anyone is teaching kids to be gay. It's a flat out falsehood and is the gist of what makes the post ill-intended. I've never met a fellow parent or a teacher or a coach who's involved directly with kids say: "you know what, if this all goes well, these kids will all be in same-sex marriages 20 years from now". What person has a need for a D-grade NFL player to enlighten them with a meme demanding that we stop teaching our kids to be gay? I'm guessing literally none.

Even in 2020, it's not advantageous for anyone to be gay. It's a lifestyle that still comes with many significant challenges that wouldn't be there if said person could just flip a switch and declare themselves straight.

Are we supposed to encourage our kids to hate gays? Is Bobby pissed that it's not quite as acceptable to hate them openly? I think that's probably more what he's hoping for with his message. If so, he's a bigger d-bag than I already thought.

I hate to tell the guy, but if he did happen to get released for something like this, fair or unfair, very few fans would be overly upset. If there were an award for least popular Bengal, he'd have great odds at bringing it home.

Earlier in post #62, I asked how is treating homosexuals the same as heterosexuals somehow promoting homosexuality to children and not one person in the “stop promoting homosexuality to children” camp chose to chime in.

Their silence is deafening.

But not before one more passive aggress insult to the "labelers" here who are (amazingly) all liberals.

"Emotional Intelligence" at its finest.

Hilarious

Now, please be man enough to stand behind your words and step away.

Oh wait, I almost forgot.  .  .  

"Nothing personal"  Cool 
(06-26-2020, 12:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And I admire the emotional intelligence it takes the to use “HOFer” as an insult to skirt the COC. Really clever. That’s real next level lighting a candle in the darkness stuff right there.

And how can you take exception to one particular person, craft a passive aggressive insult personalized to only one specific person, and then claim, “Nothing personal”? Wow, EI is off the charts!

(06-26-2020, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But not before one more passive aggress insult to the "labelers" here who are (amazingly) all liberals.

"Emotional Intelligence" at its finest.

Hilarious

Now, please be man enough to stand behind your words and step away.

Oh wait, I almost forgot.  .  .  

"Nothing personal"  Cool 

First, each pat yourselves on the backs for running to his defense.

Secondly,
The person I replied to just slurred the vast majority of the posters in JN. HOFers are chosen based on their content and contributions to the board (at least I think). I found nothing wrong, nor a violation of CoC, in pointing out that someone who slurred the vast majority of this board was selected to be a HOFer on that very board. 

No matter how important, self aware, "right", and open-minded we think we are in PnR, we are but a small part. And I'd wager to bet if we opened the books to see who keeps the lights on in here; it might be those folks that choose not to muddy themselves in here. You know that population the HOFer slurred. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-26-2020, 10:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You could have discussed my post #62 but chose not to do so and instead focused on something else leaving no room to point fingers.

Simply cause post 62 got buried in crap. 

Then again seeing yours and others behavior against Bfine, why should they speak up? Just so you have someone new to attack and slur? 

No thanks

To Samhain.
Their is no confusion. 
Recent laws in a few states now require schools to purchase books that teach LGBTQ history. 

Some might look at that as promoting it rather than keeping an open mind about it. 

Just like the left complains about teaching kids about religion in public schools. 
(06-26-2020, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First, each pat yourselves on the backs for running to his defense.

Secondly,
The person I replied to just slurred the vast majority of the posters in JN. HOFers are chosen based on their content and contributions to the board (at least I think). I found nothing wrong, nor a violation of CoC, in pointing out that someone who slurred the vast majority of this board was selected to be a HOFer on that very board. 

No matter how important, self aware, "right", and open-minded we think we are in PnR, we are but a small part. And I'd wager to bet if we opened the books to see who keeps the lights on in here; it might be those folks that choose not to muddy themselves in here. You know that population the HOFer slurred. 

The vast majority of JN posters didn’t even post in that thread which barely reached four pages.

Edit: A quick check reveals their were only 32 individuals who commented in that thread. That’s not even a majority of Andy Dalton haters.
(06-25-2020, 08:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think the LGBTQ group fails to represent everyone. 

This is true and the same can be said about many movements including feminism. 

Most LGBT groups are dominated by gay white men. Often times trans folks feel left out or marginalized. Most feminist groups are dominated by white women. Women of color have completely different struggles that are often ignored because their voices are valued or represented. This is where intersectionality comes into play. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]