Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
Ogbuehi's play has made me forget how bad Bodine is then I saw these highlights and I'm not sure who's worse. Also bench press strength apparently doesn't translate to the NFL lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907244148369100800/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907268939981484034
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ogbuehi's play has made me forget how bad Bodine is then I saw these highlights and I'm not sure who's worse. Also bench press strength apparently doesn't translate to the NFL lol.

Bodine is in Year 4. He shouldn't still be this bad. At this point he is what he is...a bad starter. If he's the starting C next year after performing poorly this year (yes I know that would mean he's re-signed), I'm going to lose any hope I had for this regime that I might have had.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Really Boling is the only NFL-caliber starter on the offensive line.

Fisher is bad. Hopkins is hurt and played too little to evaluate.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit thats pathetic.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He sold that screen well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Depending on the draft class, this is where I'm going:

1st round: Left Tackle
2nd round: Center
2nd round (trade up): OG

I didn't think things would possibly be this bad, but they are. I think we can live with Fisher and Boling on this line. I'll hold off judgement on Fisher until the year is over, since he seems to have some promise.

I just don't think Ced is physically cut out to play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I've never seen a guy get moved so easily. Gee whiz, at least deliver a blow before you retreat into backpedal mode..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So you'd roll with 3 rookies starting on the line?
Reply/Quote
Dude needs to work on his balance. No way you should be planted on your butt from a guy being blocked by someone else.

So not only do edge rushes walk by Ced, dalton doesn't have a pocket to step into.

Not sure any qb would have won they game yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you'd roll with 3 rookies starting on the line?

If they're good enough, then yes.  Let them grow and develop as a group.

But that is just cloud talk, anyway. The only realistic is taking a Tackle in the 1st round. I couldn't envision them spending a 2nd on a Center, and trading back into the 2nd for a Guard. Though it would be nice.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
TJ Johnson isn't better than that?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Depending on the draft class, this is where I'm going:

1st round:  Left Tackle
2nd round:  Center
2nd round (trade up): OG

I didn't think things would possibly be this bad, but they are.  I think we can live with Fisher and Boling on this line.  I'll hold off judgement on Fisher until the year is over, since he seems to have some promise.

I just don't think Ced is physically cut out to play in the NFL.

I'm curious to see Fisher at RG honestly if he struggles this year at RT. He's got some nastiness to him. But I agree with you in clear need for LT, C, and someone on the right side. The person on the right side might be able to be found in FA though. Honestly I'd be fine with Smith back as stopgap RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you'd roll with 3 rookies starting on the line?

You say 4 out of 5 wouldn't start on a playoff team, so it can't be worse.

I think 3 is a stretch, but you can't complain about the OL and then rip ideas to make it better. Awfully hypocritical.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ogbuehi's play has made me forget how bad Bodine is then I saw these highlights and I'm not sure who's worse. Also bench press strength apparently doesn't translate to the NFL lol.

I remember re-watching the season opener .vs. the Jets at the end of last season.

Whilst we won on the back of AJ's great day .vs. revis the right side of the OLine (Zeitler included) got manhandled just like that clip by the Jets front....shame that here we are in week 1 this year and nothing has changed.   

**I switched over to watch the Rams after the game...seeing Whit solid as a rock without any help at LT , giving Goff plenty of time was kinda galling**
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to see Fisher at RG honestly if he struggles this year at RT. He's got some nastiness to him. But I agree with you in clear need for LT, C, and someone on the right side. The person on the right side might be able to be found in FA though. Honestly I'd be fine with Smith back as stopgap RT.

Guards are fairly easy to find in free agency. Ronald Leary was a guy that I wanted. He's a Bronco.

The draft is weird for Centers. They generally don't go in the 1st Round.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really Boling is the only NFL-caliber starter on the offensive line.

Absolutely false. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to see Fisher at RG honestly if he struggles this year at RT. He's got some nastiness to him. But I agree with you in clear need for LT, C, and someone on the right side. The person on the right side might be able to be found in FA though. Honestly I'd be fine with Smith back as stopgap RT.

He didn't struggle yesterday. Had one bad rep. 
Otherwise was by far our best offensive player yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really Boling is the only NFL-caliber starter on the offensive line.

While that statement IS so...I'd note that we  HAD invested in high picks who were generally ranked as such. So? What's BEHIND this underachieving?   I have to wonder about the O Line coaching...as well as game plans.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:49 PM)redwood Wrote: While that statement IS so...I'd note that we  HAD invested in high picks who were generally ranked as such. So? What's BEHIND this underachieving?   I have to wonder about the O Line coaching...as well as game plans.

Even 1st Round picks are 50/50. The flaw in the Bengals strategy of drafting guys to replace expensive starters in 2-3 years when they leave is that the rate of success of draft picks is 50% for 1st Round picks and less the later you go in the draft.

Seeing that Ced and Fisher were struggling, Whitworth left and they didn't look to free agency to replace him.

The Bengals NEED to USE FREE AGENCY!
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Rams with their new left tackle Andrew Whitworth put up 46 points, 11 more points than anyone else in the league, and won by 35.
Reply/Quote