Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
(09-12-2017, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I feel bad for Boling. He's basically going to go through what Bobbie Williams did in 08. A good guard put in between a terrible tackle and terrible center. He'll wind up looking really bad in the process and fans will want him gone. 

So you mean how Zeitler looked at times last year? Difference is Zeitler was overall a more solid player over the past five years compared to Boling.

And I don't think anyone wants him gone, but I do think his play will suffer when in between two horrible players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think I already posted this somewhere, perhaps this thread ? To lazy to look but anyways. I was watching the Vikings and Saints last night and it really hit home hard !

Bradford had all day to throw more often than not ! compared to Dalton at least. And the Vikings O-line was completely reworked in the offseason. Their C a rookie Elfelin was anchoring in pass pro taking a couple steps backwards and not getting shoved back any further. It was a thing of beauty ! Seeing an O-line actually create a pocket, I was like WOW !!!!

Not that I haven't seen this before, I've just become a bit Bengalized I suppose ? I'm so used to seeing Dalton having the interior of the O-line shoved back into his lap and then the DE's closing in record pace. I'm telling you watch a even average O-line then compare it to tape of ours. It's pitiful beyond words how awful our O-line really is.

But Mike, Marvin, and Paul are selling this chit to us as an NFL level of scouting, acquiring, and coaching/fielding an O-line ?

It really is a joke that these guys can't see we have to do something. But they'll refuse to make changes I'm quite sure.

So sorry Andy Dalton, and that's very sincere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you mean how Zeitler looked at times last year? Difference is Zeitler was overall a more solid player over the past five years compared to Boling.

And I don't think anyone wants him gone, but I do think his play will suffer when in between two horrible players.

We know what we've got with Boling, he has a been a solid player for us. We need to do a better job drafting offensive lineman.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you mean how Zeitler looked at times last year? Difference is Zeitler was overall a more solid player over the past five years compared to Boling.

People may not want him gone right now, but it was like that with Bobbie. His name was floated around as someone we need to upgrade from in 2008. If/when this OL continues to play like they did in game 1, then Boling will suffer.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote