Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold prediction
I predict that the national media predicts another losing season for the Bengals.. I'm really going out on a limb here.
They'll also predict the squeelers to save humanity from itself and Ben to win the Nobel peace prize.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: From the Brown and Lewis track record, Billings will have to play like Geno out of the gate to get more snaps than Peko. Don't get me wrong, would love to see this happen, but doubtful.

It is a bold prediction thread afterall, but i getcha.

I just think it will be a gradual build for Billings to take Peko's spot like i said.

It is not like Domata is a selfish fella, he will help the team but in the way he does best, tutoring the young players up, namely BILLINGS!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is beyond a bold prediction.

Yeah Nuge is buddies with somebody important, it seems. Still, you never know. He's getting up there in years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: From the Brown and Lewis track record, Billings will have to play like Geno out of the gate to get more snaps than Peko. Don't get me wrong, would love to see this happen, but doubtful.

I'll be happy if he splits snaps with Peko.   It will make Peko better - he played really well last year when his snap count was lower - and will add a new dimension to the interior D-Line
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know anything about Mobley.

Really like Tra Carson though.

From Cincy Jungle:

"The latest addition is Dy'Shawn Mobley, the former Kentucky Wildcat turned Eastern Kentucky Colonel running back.

Before the 2016 offseason, Mobley was considered to be one of the better running back prospects in the NFL draft. A less productive senior season for Eastern Kentucky and a less than stellar performance at the combine caused him to completely drop out of the seventh round this year. But, he has enough talent to get work done in the NFL if he can bring the whole package together."

From what I've heard he had really good stats in 2014 - something like 1,400 yards, but was injured most of 2015.  He has nice size - 5'10' 227#s.  He's really chiseled.   But what got my attention was how Paul Alexander yelled out during the rookie camp praising him for his vision, decision making and a really good sharp cut.   You don't often hear Alexander say anything to players outside his position group.

One of the problems Hill had last year appeared to be that he was just making poor decisions when and where to hit the hole or make a cut.  Sounded like Mobley did both.

OK it's one rookie camp in underwear - but it fueled my hunger for a really pleasant TC surprise.
Reply/Quote

I don't think it really boils down to Billings' physical ability, but rather his ability to pick up the playbook.

I really can't remember a rookie or 2nd year player that didn't get into the game once the coaching staff felt comfortable with him.  A lot of people will bag on the Bengals for sitting guys, but who is the last one that has really deserved to play, but didn't?

Like others have said, this isn't a 2-14 team where you just play rookies, it's a team that makes the playoffs every year now and can't afford to lose games because of rookie mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Nuge is buddies with somebody important, it seems. Still, you never know. He's getting up there in years.

Nuge is a local boy. helps connect the bengals to the area more...

but...

Due to a rash of injuries at the position the bengals are forced to sign chad johnson as an emergency kicker and he makes the kick for the first playoff game win in decades. lol....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He has beena total flop as an NFL WR.  the only reason I like him as much is that he was incredible in college with Tennessee.  and you can ask the guys from the draft forum.  I am not just blindly in love with all the Vols.  But in college Patterson had Percey Harvin skills except he was 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.  

I thought he might take a couple of years to develop in the NFL (he only played one year of D-1 football), but I was certain he would be a star.

I like Patterson's ability to return kicks, no doubt, but from what I understand he is lacking between the ears.  That never bodes well for a team when the WR turns the wrong way.  I know, I know...give him a simple route tree, let him return kicks...ok, but I don't see him becoming a star if he does come here.  Just a role player.  Will he be happy with that?  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 03:03 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Nate Livings comes back as the GM?

Oh, can I play?  Please, please, please?

Ok, here's mine:

Otis Hudson as special assistant to the GM.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 11:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Here is one:
Bengals trade AJ McCarron for 2nd round pick and Matt Johnson QB is backup QB for Dalton by 2017.

With McCarron's pending FA status next year, this would make a ton of sense.  I really like Matt Johnson.  And I would like another (likely an early one) second round pick.
Reply/Quote
My bold predictions for 2016-17 season:

Margus Hunt becomes a rotational starter and ends the regular season with 8 sacks (you may recognize this prediction from last year...and, yes, that is more hope speaking than anything.

Andy Dalton wins league MVP

Bengals win the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 07:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: I predict that the national media predicts another losing season for the Bengals.. I'm really going out on a limb here.
They'll also predict the squeelers to save humanity from itself and Ben to win the Nobel peace prize.

This has already happened by one of the 'talking heads'.  Can't remember which one, but he predict the Steelers will stay healthy, after 2 seasons of key injuries, and if they do, they are the best team in the division, hands down.   Sad  He predicts the Bengals will struggle to nudge out the Ravens and may finish third in the division and out of the playoffs, pointing to the loss of Jones and Sanu as the reason.

They predicted pretty much the same thing, when Gruden and Zimmer left.  That the Bengals will struggle with new coordinators and miss the playoffs!

Wish I could get a job like that!  Just say anything I want, out of my hind end, and get paid a minimum of six figures a year!!!   Wink
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hills gets less clock.
Reply/Quote
All our 1st round CB's actually play like 1st round CB's.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
McCarron ousts the feel good homeless guy from his Kraft Mac n' Cheese gig.

The mouthing of "You Know You Love It" and the gesture of him eating a bowl of macaroni will be his signature TD move... yeah, even in slop time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With McCarron's pending FA status next year, this would make a ton of sense.  I really like Matt Johnson.  And I would like another (likely an early one) second round pick.

Well, so much for my big prediction...they let Johnson go for another FA. I really liked Johnson.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Now that's bold....and cheesy.

[Image: Shake_1.png]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dansby is released when Burfict returns after 3 game suspension. Mays never makes the Roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 12:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well, so much for my big prediction...they let Johnson go for another FA.  I really liked Johnson.

I saw this, too, and was puzzled.  The guy they brought in from Buffalo is no where near the talent, but perhaps it has to do with the style of offense ran at BGSU.  I remember the steelers drafting Omar Jacobs in the 5th round out of BGSU years ago and ultimately releasing him because he couldn't grasp their offense.  

Not sure where Johnson ended up, but it is possible someone else could work with his understanding on NFL offenses, only to have the Bengals snatch him off their practice squad should a deal be done with McCarron.

And to be clear, I only want McCarron traded for a second round pick or higher.  I really like the guy, but Dalton is the man here. 
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton gets injured, once again forcing A.J. MCcarron into the lineup. Bengals go on a tear with A.J. under center and promptly trade Dalton to the Browns for the rights to Josh Gordon and a half eaten package of Oreos. Bengals sign Johnny Manziel to be the backup QB. Josh Gordon gets reinstated in time for the playoffs and goes crazy leading the Bengals to the Superbowl. On the eve of the Superbowl, Stanley Wilson busts in to the hotel room shared by Gordon and Manziel to find them hunched over a table. Startled, they look up with rolled $100 bills hanging from thier nostrils. Stanley charges towards them screaming "WHY? JOHNNY WHY?" then realizes that they are snorting the crushed Oreos ,which isn't a violation so he joins them. Bengals go on to win the Superbowl and Mike Brown takes cost of a new package of Oreos out of Gordon and Manziels game check. Mike Brown also sues Stanley Wilson for his share in the Oreo scandal as well as the cost to repair damages to the hotel. Mike Brown is praised by all for turning a half pack of Oreo's profit on the whole ordeal and is named business man of the year.
Reply/Quote