Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling retires
(07-15-2019, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the Bengals will be on the look out for a veteran cut during training camp, which happens relatively often. With that said, Boling was versatile for sure but he was an average level starter at this point. I think we basically swapped Miller for Boling and now have to fill what would have been Redmond's spot, presumably with Westerman.

I said in another thread, by scheme change alone though...I still think we are better this year.

I thought Miller was expected to play RG, not LG. I believe Westerman, Jerry, and Jordan are to compete for LG? Guess we'll see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Clint was one of the good guys. I feel bad for how it ended for him. Wishing him all the luck in the world for his future

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Bengals will pick up 1-2 OT off waivers that maybe can help this season. The O-line has me worried and the backers still needs help. Hard to expect much from the offense if the O-line is porous as he has been for a couple years. Westerman or Jerry will fight for Boling's Spot. I don't know what to think of Westerman, I thought he would be a stud by now.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was holding out hope that he would return, but the fact that we had signed two free agent guards made me think Boling might be done.

Right now Westerman is getting the first team reps.  Hope he is as good as some here claim.

Well...  who the hell else are we gonna prop up?

I'm crossing every digit I have that Jordan might bring a sliver of hope as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Trent Williams still wants out of Washington. It will never happen, but you know........dreams.
Reply/Quote
I think most of us suspected something like this.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One step closer to landing Richie Incognito.

Isn't he in Oakland?

Maybe we can get the guy they picked on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Godspeed to Clint, you served us faithfully.

As to the vacancy created the Tyler Eifert of OG's (Jonathan Cooper) is available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
One has to listen to the doctors on this one. At least now we know it was blood clots. I wondered what it was that was causing the inactivity.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From a cap standpoint, Boling's remaining contract minus $500,000 comes off the books, and now the Bengals have an additional ~$4.5 mill to work with. That puts the Bengals at just above $24 mill in cap remaining.

How long until the obligatory Hobspin cap space and rollover funds model model article comes out?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals will pick up 1-2 OT off waivers that maybe can help this season. The O-line has me worried and the backers still needs help. Hard to expect much from the offense if the O-line is porous as he has been for a couple years. Westerman or Jerry will fight for Boling's Spot. I don't know what to think of Westerman, I thought he would be a stud by now.

The Bengals are no better off at LB and OL than they were last season. It’s going to be ugly if the injury bug hits.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Bad news for us fans, but even worse for Clint, I'm sure. He made the right call for sure. He's got a nice little family started, and they're far more important than a game. Good luck Clint, and thanks for being a gamer the past several years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
No complaints. Glad he is making family and heath priority 1. Now the coaches just need to figure this out.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 03:43 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The Bengals are no better off at LB and OL than they were last season.  

We drafted a good LB in the third round.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 03:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bad news for us fans, but even worse for Clint, I'm sure.  He made the right call for sure.  He's got a nice little family started, and they're far more important than a game.  Good luck Clint, and thanks for being a gamer the past several years.

I am concerned for Boling's health.  There is always a medical cause for clots.  Clots rarely just happen and go away.  I hope they discover the etiology for his clots because blood thinners can only do so much.  Such a young man to deal with this crisis and I pray for Boling and his family.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 03:41 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: How long until the obligatory Hobspin cap space and rollover funds model model article comes out?

August. It's always August.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:48 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Trent Williams still wants out of Washington. It will never happen, but you know........dreams.

He wants out of Washington because he wants a new deal and doesn't trust team doctors.  he's not likely to get a better deal after being traded to an organization run by our mom and pop shop.  They only pay people they draft and sign for cheap off the scrap heap.  Getting him would be the equivalent of signing an actual B plus grade free agent, plus giving a draft pick up.  No way they do either thing here.   Model Model Model.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for your time here Clint and good luck moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:11 PM)samhain Wrote:  They only pay people they draft and sign for cheap off the scrap heap. 

False.

Cordy Glenn was the 8th highest paid OT in the league when we traded for him.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 01:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Lost whats his name from Bama already, and now this.

RIP Bengals o-line 2019.

And RIP Andy Dalton. Probably end up on IR two years in a row after always being pretty healthy prior to that
Reply/Quote