Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling retires
(07-15-2019, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was cited as likely to be cut and then he got a 2 game suspension for getting arrested at his fathers funeral...or something.  I'd be amused to see his lunatic arse here. 

(07-15-2019, 06:21 PM)jason Wrote: Hey... When you're getting arrested at your daddy's funeral, nobody can say you don't like to have a lil too much fun.

He did not attend the funeral.

He went to the funeral house and asked the attendants that he wanted access to his fathers' body, so that he can cut off his head.

He threatened to shoot the employees if they wouldn't.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 08:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: He did not attend the funeral.

He went to the funeral house and asked the attendants that he wanted access to his fathers' body, so that he can cut off his head.

Sign that man immediately!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

This team could use that kind of crazy tenacity in the trenches!
Reply/Quote

Hey, at the very least it would lend some credibility to Squeeler fans who say the Bengals are the dirtiest team.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: False.

Cordy Glenn was the 8th highest paid OT in the league when we traded for him.

Traded down nine spots to get Glenn. Big difference to move down a few spots instead of giving up high draft picks. It won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: False.

Cordy Glenn was the 8th highest paid OT in the league when we traded for him.

Yep.  He was also a player that Buffalo was desperate to shed from their roster.  He then ended up on the Bengals roster.  I'd call that getting tossed on the scrap heap.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We drafted a good LB in the third round.

Who has yet to play a down in the NFL.  Nobody knows if he's any good or not.  People thought we drafted a couple of good OTs in the first two rounds back in 2015.  Porter, Moch, Dawson, Jefferson, etc all 3rd round linebackers, 4th in Porter's case that were supposed to be good.
Reply/Quote
You know if Incognito were a free agent that the Bengals would atleast strongly consider signing him.
Reply/Quote
This sucks. Not surprised after all the reports. I wish Clint the best for his future.
Reply/Quote
Have to respect the man's choice. Choosing his health and family over a game, especially as the reports say the blood clot moved from his leg to his lungs. That's no joking matter.

Good luck to Clint and thanks for the 8 years of hard work and being a pro.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We knew something like this was coming for Boling. I appreciate everything he did for us, but I'm glad he gets to spend more time with his family.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It's too bad that it was cut short, but he had a really good career. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know if Incognito were a free agent that the Bengals would atleast strongly consider signing him.

The Raiders signed Jonathan Cooper, so another piece may have just fallen into place.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 08:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Fixed

Technically they "roll it over" in that situation, not keep.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
best of luck clint…

We have signed 2 OGs this offseason... drafted another.... Next man up.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:11 PM)samhain Wrote: He wants out of Washington because he wants a new deal and doesn't trust team doctors.   Getting him would be the equivalent of signing an actual B plus grade free agent, plus giving a draft pick up.  No way they do either thing here.  

Nor should they feel like they need to.  Cordy Glenn will bridge the gap at LT for the season.  They like Hart at RT, where it gets dicey is at the backup Tackle spots.  Currently we have Kent Perkins and the UDFA out of Texas A&M.  They don't need to overpay for the guy from Washington, they don't NEED a starting LT, and therefore aren't in a position of desperation that might require overpaying and also giving up a high pick.

What they need is an established vet to play swing Tackle for a year or so, to bridge the gap to when Jonah Williams takes over.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Can't blame the guy. He was always one of our best lineman. His ability to pull was a thing of beauty.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It makes sense now why they were moving Glenn to Guard and drafted a Tackle.

Not saying I liked it...but it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 08:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Fixed

Failed.

Bengals don't "keep" the cap space.  They roll it over.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 10:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  He was also a player that Buffalo was desperate to shed from their roster.  He then ended up on the Bengals roster.  I'd call that getting tossed on the scrap heap.

And you can call a rock a car, but you can't drive it to work.

Bengals gave up the value of a second round pick for Glenn and took on his expensive contract.  You can do all the mental gymnastics you want but that is not "signed off the scrap heap".

You are just wrong.
Reply/Quote