Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling retires
Thanks to Clint for putting his body on the line and playing at a high level. Hopefully he has many years to devote to his family now. As far as this years line goes, it’s shaping up to be horrendous!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We drafted a good LB in the third round.

Also lost a good one, albeit undisciplined, in Burfict. That’s a wash at best given that Pratt is a rookie. The group as a whole is a liability in coverage, same as it has been for 10 seasons.

The line sans Boling and Williams is worse than last year. Signing middling FA guards and giving Hart starter money is not a recipe for success. One injury at tackle and then it gets really bad.

Stated another way, both position groups are no better than last year, even after FA and the draft. I know you can’t account for injuries, but the FO’s lackluster approach with both position groups leaves much to be desired.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 01:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: per twitter

Holy shit.  Thanks to him for what he gave us and wish him the best in the future.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 03:02 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't he in Oakland?

Maybe we can get the guy they picked on.

He was cited as likely to be cut and then he got a 2 game suspension for getting arrested at his fathers funeral...or something.  I'd be amused to see his lunatic arse here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was cited as likely to be cut and then he got a 2 game suspension for getting arrested at his fathers funeral...or something.  I'd be amused to see his lunatic arse here. 

I'm all for it... It will be a substitute for the "Wait til week xyz when Vontaze comes back.".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Also lost a good one, albeit undisciplined, in Burfict.  That’s a wash at best given that Pratt is a rookie.  The group as a whole is a liability in coverage, same as it has been for 10 seasons.

1.  No, it is not a wash "at best".  Burfict played poorly last year, and Pratt could be a definite upgrade.

2.  Our LBs have not been a liability in pass coverage for the last 10 years.  For a four year stretch from '13 through '16 the Bengal pass defense ranked 2nd in pass efficiency rating only 1.2 points behind Seattle's "Legion of Boom" (77.9 to 76.7).  During that period the Bengals were the only team in the league with 3 different LBs with at least 4 ints (Rey, Maualuga, Burfict).
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 05:31 PM)jason Wrote: I'm all for it... It will be a substitute for the "Wait til week xyz when Vontaze comes back.".

Actually, he might get on Daltons case after his first "Lets go out there and have fun" speech.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Also lost a good one, albeit undisciplined, in Burfict.  That’s a wash at best given that Pratt is a rookie.  The group as a whole is a liability in coverage, same as it has been for 10 seasons.

The line sans Boling and Williams is worse than last year.  Signing middling FA guards and giving Hart starter money is not a recipe for success.  One injury at tackle and then it gets really bad.

Stated another way, both position groups are no better than last year, even after FA and the draft.  I know you can’t account for injuries, but the FO’s lackluster approach with both position groups leaves much to be desired.

Up until 2018, Vontaze Burfict played rather well. However, he played very poorly last year. It may not be that difficult to play as well or better than he did last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 05:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, he might get on Daltons case after his first "Lets go out there and have fun" speech.

Hey... When you're getting arrested at your daddy's funeral, nobody can say you don't like to have a lil too much fun.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bummer.
Reply/Quote
Good luck Clint & thanks for your hard work. We are gonna miss ya.  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Thank you to Clint Boling for the time he spent here. Sounds like a good decision for him/ his family going forward. Best of luck.

Now... crap, lol. Time for someone to step up. Or should I say 2 players need to step up.
Reply/Quote
It's a blow to the offensive line for sure, but I'm pretty sure ZT and crew knew this was coming for a while now.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One step closer to landing Richie Incognito.

not only is he under contract to Oakland but he is also suspended for the first 2 games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 07:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It's a blow to the offensive line for sure, but I'm pretty sure ZT and crew knew this was coming for a while now.

They definitely did.  The rumors have been out there for a while now.  I agree with whoever said above that they are waiting to see which O linemen get cut from other teams in training camp. 
Reply/Quote
Good player. Glad to see he has his priorities in order.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Godspeed to Clint, you served us faithfully.

As to the vacancy created the Tyler Eifert of OG's (Jonathan Cooper) is available.

Cooper signed with the Raiders today lol.

Also good luck to Boling have a happy retirement. I'm genuinely jealous because I still have 15 more years lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From a cap standpoint, Boling's remaining contract minus $500,000 comes off the books, and now the Bengals have an additional ~$4.5 mill to KEEP. That puts the Bengals at just above $24 mill in cap remaining.

Fixed
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Clint was one of the good guys. Like so many before him, wish he could have made it to see a playoff win.

Hopefully ZT can help get one for Geno/Dunlap/Green/Dalton to send them off right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: not only is he under contract to Oakland but he is also suspended for the first 2 games

They'll cut him loose and turner will bring him in. 
Reply/Quote