Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boomer wants new jerseys
The NFL is probably changing the "one helmet rule" for the 2021 season. So, then it' just up to the team willing to spend the money. As for how other teams can wear multiple helmets right now, they actually have to repaint the same helmet to make the change, the Bengals just aren't willing to spend the time and money it takes to change so many helmets from week to week.

My only comment on current uniforms, isn't really the uniforms, it's the stupid "B" logo. Bring back the tiger.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28953140/throwback-look-nfl-more-common-2021-possible-rule-change
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 12:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The NFL is probably changing the "one helmet rule" for the 2021 season. So, then it' just up to the team willing to spend the money. As for how other team can wear multiple helmets right now, they actually have to repaint the same helmet to make the change, the Bengals just aren't willing to spend the time an money it takes to change so many helmets from week to week.

My only comment on current uniforms, isn't really the uniforms, it's the stupid "B" logo. Bring back the tiger.

I'd also like to see the tiger return, but with a new take on it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they change the helmets, we riot.
Reply/Quote
Hot Take: The Bengals should adopt the white and black tiger motif as their main look. Make an orange and black color rush.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I will never understand the hate for the striped B. It’s a million times better than the leaping tiger that looked like a high school logo. I do like the Bengal head, but just no to the leaping tiger.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 12:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I know it's a rule about the helmet, but I could swear that I've seen the Broncos wearing their old helmets a time or two, as does the Packers and even the Patriots did one time. 

They can change the stickers, ala the LA Rams used white stickers and gold stickers intermittently, but they cannot change base color of the helmet. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They can change the stickers, ala the LA Rams used white stickers and gold stickers intermittently, but they cannot change base color of the helmet. 

Unless you’re the Steelers...

[Image: ap_111106068575.jpg?itok=2VVzwyil&timest...1482346523]

Reply/Quote
I like both our orange jerseys, and the black ones with orange.

Meh on the normal white ones, but color rush with white helmet would be sweet.
Reply/Quote
3D ears and whiskers on the helmet... A tail on the trousers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 05:59 PM)jason Wrote: 3D ears and whiskers on the helmet... A tail on the trousers.

A tail would definitely be unique in all of sports.

But they would have to be break away.  How humiliating would it be for a Bengal ball carrier to be brought down by his tail?

"Ah've got a tiger by the tail, it's plain to see..."  

BTW, the night I met my wife, she was wearing a cat costume with ears and a tail. (And she's still got a helluva tail all these years later).
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This 'rona virus has really taken a toll on Boomer. Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 05:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like both our orange jerseys, and the black ones with orange.

We have 2 different orange jerseys?

Reply/Quote
I love you Boomer but, with all due respect, either buy the team or shut up. The Bengals already have too many cooks in the kitchen.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a modernized take on the helmets. Something like this:

[Image: zt1ptqwgw7t41.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Couple of thoughts.... Boomer hasn't been the biggest Bengals fan for years, now it seems he's jumping back on the bandwagon. I've always like Boomer, but this is pretty transparent. Secondly, I like our jerseys. I don't think there's a thing wrong with them. My favorite, outside of the color rush, is the white with black pants or black with white pants. Not a fan of the solid orange. And thirdly, as Boomer should know, league rules forbid helmet color changes so a white helmet with the color rush is not an option.

I think they are considering changing the one helmet rule in 2021. Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-contemplating-rule-change-for-helmets-that-could-lead-to-return-of-multiple-classic-throwback-uniforms/
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 08:03 PM)Earendil Wrote: I wouldn't mind a modernized take on the helmets. Something like this:

[Image: zt1ptqwgw7t41.png]

Horrible.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have 2 different orange jerseys?

Not that I am aware of. Or mentioned.

1. Base Orange
2. Base Black with orange highlights
3. Base White
4. Color Rush

Though you can always mix & match the jerseys with different pants.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 05:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like both our orange jerseys, and the black ones with orange.

(05-16-2020, 09:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not that I am aware of. Or mentioned.

1. Base Orange
2. Base Black with orange highlights
3. Base White
4. Color Rush

Though you can always mix & match the jerseys with different pants.

Hmm...your wording threw me here.

Reply/Quote
Bengals had until end of March of 2020 to file for uniform change which takes about a year. They now have until March 2021 to apply and the changes will not take effect until 2022.

There are several good uniform designs out there that are rather conservative but keep the gist of the Helmet Bengal theme. One is Color rush all whites with white and black helmets. I agree with Boomer on this one, they need to change the uniform maybe keep the same helmet design but add some minor changes.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote