Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brandon Allen starting?
Per Mike Garafolo

Well at least we won't have to watch Thinley throw passes into the ground.
Reply/Quote
According to Mike Garafalo, Brandon Allen will get the start on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess Ryan Finley truly IS the number 2 QB... No matter what.

Am I starting this week since Burrow's out coach? No Ryan... You're the number 2 QB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Actually gives me a reason to watch this Sunday

I mean, I still expect us to lose but to see if we at least have found a backup QB in Allen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:34 AM)jason Wrote: I guess Ryan Finley truly IS the number 2 QB... No matter what.

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that Finley is a real #2.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm telling you, Finley's brain has to be the only reason he's still on the team; I think the world knows that physically, he can't do anything at the QB position well-enough.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if:

1. He doesn't get signed by another team when his rookie contract is up/gets cut
2. Once he isn't signed, he immediately goes into coaching.

Just don't play him lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Many times I find myself defending Bengal players who are average or above average not because they are great players, but because they are being called "total garbage" or "the worst in the league". But with Finley I got nothing. There are 52 QBs who have at least 90 pass attempts since 2019. Here is how Finley ranks among them

Completion%.....52nd (The only one to complete fewer than 50% of his passes)
Yds/Att.............51st
Sack%..............51st
Passer Rating....50th
Win%...............48th (actually in a five way tie for last in the league at .000%)
TD%................48th
Int%................40th

Even though he only has 97 attempts (50th in league) he did manage to throw a pick 6 in that limited playing time.

And for a final cherry on top, this year Carson Wentz has fumbled more times than any QB in the league. He fumbles once every 70.3 snaps played. Finley has fumbled ones every 52 snaps he has played.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm telling you, Finley's brain has to be the only reason he's still on the team; I think the world knows that physically, he can't do anything at the QB position well-enough.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if:

1. He doesn't get signed by another team when his rookie contract is up/gets cut
2. Once he isn't signed, he immediately goes into coaching.

Just don't play him lol

Traded up for this guy too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Finely is a shining example of how ZT is really overall
A poor talent evaluator.
He went all in on trading up for him last year.
Anybody armchair GM could have drafted Joe Burrow.
But let's see if.you can find these diamonds in the rough
In.the mid rds and later.
Reply/Quote
Ryan must know some good jokes to get paid to do nothing, even when needed.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote: According to Mike Garafalo, Brandon Allen will get the start on Sunday

This is where ZT and this coaching staff make me angry and lose my confidence.

ZT is an ex QB , coached QB's and the guy who's been sitting on practice squad since August is suddenly the man over the guy who you made QB2 all along??

ZT does not know his own mind...last year he was all in Dalton, then threw the car keys to Finley to drive, then back to Dalton.

He then keeps Finley as #2 this year until we actually need him and the ditches him after less than one half.

NOTE - i am not defending Finley as a player , he is garbage but yet again ZT and coaching staff all over the place in their decision making
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:57 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Finely is a shining example of how ZT is really overall
A poor talent evaluator.
He went all in on trading up for him last year.
Anybody armchair GM could have drafted Joe Burrow.
But let's see if.you can find these diamonds in the rough
In.the mid rds and later.

I remember more than zero of us being super excited after seeing him one time in preseason.... Look at that pocket awareness bro!!!

I wasn't quite that over the top, but I did think we'd found a solid back up. I was wrong.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well... not great news. But better than Finley (I hope)
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario he plays good and ruins the tank. Best case he’s bad we lose out and draft Sewell.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I’d rather lose out and get Sewell. Worried this could affect it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:10 AM)thillan Wrote: Eh, I’d rather lose out and get Sewell. Worried this could affect it.

My thoughts exactly. Finley is our tank commander. Don’t like this one bit.

Reply/Quote
Now I’m waiting for the tweet to let us all know that Ryan Finley was not informed of this decision and found out from the same tweet we did.

This move seems like desperation to me. If Taylor knew he was going to be coaching the Bengals next year there really isn’t a reason to make a move like this. If his job is on the line and he feels Finley can’t get him the wins he needs to stay, might as well see if the practice squad guy can get it done for you.

Either way it makes me question why Finley was the backup all year. The guy doesn’t even get one start after your QB1 goes down? Not a great look.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Per Mike Garafolo

Well at least we won't have to watch Thinley throw passes into the ground.

Makes letting Dolegala leave that much dumber. Jake, unlike Finley, had an NFL caliber arm.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I assume Finley has a guaranteed contract and that is the only reason he remains on the team. No need to be rid of him until you don't have to pay him, that's the way of the Brown family as NFL owners.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:27 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Makes letting Dolegala leave that much dumber.  Jake, unlike Finley, had an NFL caliber arm.

I would have loved watching Jake D play. We may not have won, but i think the chance for more exciting plays would have been there.
Reply/Quote