Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate
(08-30-2016, 11:40 AM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Agree fully! He also had a good return to setup a game winning kick in Detroit that same year he did against Buffalo.

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

I knew there was another one. 
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson Confirmed via Twitter ... Tate has been cut

Thompson to PUP
Mario Alford - Waived injured
Billings to IR
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Tate wherever he ends up. He seemed like a really solid person from all the reporters that have been around him.

The Bengals are really going young at receiver. Outside of Green/Lafell, none of them have any regular season experience.

P.S. This place will be a madhouse at the first muffed punt.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:34 AM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Is it a lock for Erickson to have the job as both kick off and punt returner? Is Mario Alford not going to see the field at all this year and if he does will it be as a returner? Will Tyler Boyd and Adam Jones get opportunities? Very excited to see how they handle this!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

Reports are that he has also been cut.
Reply/Quote
Have to admit that I am really surprised by this move. Given the lack of experience at wide receiver and LaFell not playing much this preseason, I thought Tate would for sure make it.
Reply/Quote
Let him go early so he could latch on somewhere else sooner. Stand up move by the bengals.

Helloooooooo Alex Erickson!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:50 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Have to admit that I am really surprised by this move.  Given the lack of experience at wide receiver and LaFell not playing much this preseason, I thought Tate would for sure make it.

Maybe they are going to bring in Randle? Haha- I'd be all about it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Maybe they are going to bring in Randle? Haha- I'd be all about it

Was thinking same thing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My God! I thought it'd never happen!

Reply/Quote
Best wishes to Tate !

This is a head scratcher to me though. Thought many years this may happen when we were loaded at WR.

Yet never expected it to happen this year when WR corps so depleted and young.

Erickson has been very solid though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Maybe they are going to bring in Randle? Haha- I'd be all about it

You may be right, but I would be equally as surprised by them bringing in Randle.  If they are going to bring in anyone new at this point, I would hope for some pass rush help so they can send Hunt packing back to the Baltics.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Best wishes to Tate !  

This is a head scratcher to me though. Thought many years this may happen when we were loaded at WR.

Yet never expected it to happen this year when WR corps so depleted and young.

Erickson has been very solid though.

Between Erickson, Core, Boyd, and Lafell...there just wasnt room for Tate. 

Tate was a below average receiver. Its pretty obvious at this point that the three guys above just bring more to the table than Tate. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Tate wasn't nearly as bad as some of you guys make him out to be he just got blacklisted the same way Kirkpatrick, Nugent and others have. Not saying these people havent had low points but they literally can't do anything right to please some.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Between Erickson, Core, Boyd, and Lafell...there just wasnt room for Tate. 

Tate was a below average receiver. Its pretty obvious at this point that the three guys above just bring more to the table than Tate. 

Agree and do not get me wrong. 

Have been outspoken calling for his release many years. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The end of an era. Good luck Tate !!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate was a solid player for the Bengals for a number of years. Anyone suggesting otherwise hasn't a clue of what he/she speaks.

He will catch on somewhere else. Wish him well.
Reply/Quote
When the defense holds to 3 and out, and an opposing team punts to the 15 and it's fumbled and recovered by the kicking team on the 1 for first and goal, just remember the Tate hate.....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When the defense holds to 3 and out, and an opposing team punts to the 15 and it's fumbled and recovered by the kicking team on the 1 for first and goal, just remember the Tate hate.....

You act as if Tate never once fumbled a return.  Yes, he was reliable, but still had six fumbles during his time here.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how I feel about this. Did Erickson earn a spot? Sure. Still not sure if he will be as good as tate over a 16 week span. Didn't see Erickson much against top line special teams talent.. he was usually returning punts against the scrubs in 3rd/4th quarter.

That being said, I trust Darrin Simmons, so if this was his decision I'm all for it.

Crazy to think, if Lafell opts for surgery for whatever reason, AJ Green will be the only guy on the field with actual NFL game experience lol. Offense will by a mystery until we can actually see what Dalton does with the new guys. I'm excited. I think Dalton teachin younger guys will make an even better product on the field. The more control Andy has over the offense the better it will be imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When the defense holds to 3 and out, and an opposing team punts to the 15 and it's fumbled and recovered by the kicking team on the 1 for first and goal, just remember the Tate hate.....

And you just know Erickson will fumble how?
Reply/Quote