Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate
With Tate gone, looks like they will keep Erickson.
Reply/Quote
I have defended Tate against the "Tater Haters" (you know who you are) of the forum. I've actually seen folks in the Gameday thread get mad when he made a nice play.

WTS, he provided us a service and we compensated him for it. Good luck brandon and thanks for the service.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure all of the Tate haters are happy...He was solid for us not excellent and not bad thank you Tate
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:16 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Holy crap.

This blows my mind.

This is the year boys.. We're going to the SB Big Grin

Alex Erickson ftw.

Just makes me wonder who is filling up the roster now?

AJ Green
Lafell???  Havent seen him make a catch..  that's pretty important for WRs
Boyd
Core
Erikson
????????????  James wright?  I know they are high on him for STs but haven't seen much from him on the field.  and dude is a huge injury risk.

That's a whole lot of No experience in the NFL right there. unless they are looking to pick up a WR I probly would have kept tate over Wright. At least ive seen tate make some nice catches on offense. All ive seen Wright do is go to IR.
Reply/Quote
He drove me crazy but in a weird way I will miss him. Best of luck Brandon - hope you catch on somewhere.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Good football teams cut their Brandon Tates
Reply/Quote
I'm genuinely surprised.

I don't think this was the right move.

We are now relying HEAVILY on rookies and young unproven WRs to be our receiving threats.

I never liked Tate as a return man, but I liked him as an emergency WR who could come in and run good routes (see KC game last year).

We are now relying on Boyd, Core, Wright and Erickson as the backside of our receiving corp. A total of 5 receptions in 11 regular season games played.

I know Tate didn't have very many receptions in his career either, but the point still stands.

This is actually pretty tough to swallow haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: With Tate gone, looks like they will keep Erickson.

You have to, Alford is gone and they aren't sending Jones out there to return punts anymore.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tate was the epitome of a professional. The man did what was asked of him and made the occasional sweet play. Good luck to Brandon. He was a solid pro in his days in Cincy.

That said, the rook has impressed thus far and earned that spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm genuinely surprised.

I don't think this was the right move.

We are now relying HEAVILY on rookies and young unproven WRs to be our receiving threats.

I never liked Tate as a return man, but I liked him as an emergency WR who could come in and run good routes (see KC game last year).

We are now relying on Boyd, Core, Wright and Erickson as the backside of our receiving corp. A total of 5 receptions in 11 regular season games played.

I know Tate didn't have very many receptions in his career either, but the point still stands.

This is actually pretty tough to swallow haha.

I've been nervously anticipating this move.   I was a tater hater for a couple of years but his few but clutch receptions have made me revise my opinion of him.  He's been a good pro and played well in pre-season.  A solid return man, just not as dynamic as Erickson.

This is a pretty risky move, but as sad as I am to see Tate go I see a lot of potential in Erickson.  Hopefully he turns out better against stiff competition than Sanzenbacher did.  Hopefully he turns out to be our Julian Edelman/ Jordan Shipley guy.

Good luck Brandon.  We will miss you.
Reply/Quote
best news of the day!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't have anything against Tate and he made his share of plays. The guy was a true pro and did his job and what was asked of him. Thank you Tate for your years as a Bengal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We are now relying on Boyd, Core, Wright and Erickson as the backside of our receiving corp. A total of 5 receptions in 11 regular season games played.

I was indifferent on Tate, but, as I've said before, I have wondered in the past if that spot could be better served by someone who might develop into a better receiver. At some point, you've got move on from a player and start preparing for the next guy who is going to fill his spot. We've got a very talented class of guys at WR with very little experience. This move may hurt us some this season, but it's maybe the best time to move on at returns and receiving.
Reply/Quote
Same guys celebrating Tate's release will be calling for Erickson's the first punt he muffs.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quite frankly, it wasn't the fumbles that Tate had in his career here but his boneheaded decisions bringing the ball out of the end zone time and time again putting the offense in a bad starting place. How many times did you cringe when you saw him ramp up and run out of the end zone when he was so deep in it? Very rarely did it equate to something good.

I for one am glad he's gone, his contribution wasn't anything this team will miss this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:34 PM)3wt Wrote: I've been nervously anticipating this move.   I was a tater hater for a couple of years but his few but clutch receptions have made me revise my opinion of him.  He's been a good pro and played well in pre-season.  A solid return man, just not as dynamic as Erickson.

This is a pretty risky move, but as sad as I am to see Tate go I see a lot of potential in Erickson.  Hopefully he turns out better against stiff competition than Sanzenbacher did.  Hopefully he turns out to be our Julian Edelman/ Jordan Shipley guy.

Good luck Brandon.  We will miss you.

I'm not very concerned about it.  It looks like this team is centered around AJ Green and the tight ends.

They aren't going to ask Erickson to do that much, they never asked Tate to do that much.
Reply/Quote
Well the good thing is if we need a returner mid year, Tate will probably be sitting on his couch by the phone.

With the way Marvin is with his veteran preference I thought Tate was a lock. But after at least one drop in jacksonville I began to wonder if this was possible.

The scary thing is Hobson is talking like they are considering using a very valuable 53 man roster spot on Peerman who will contribute nothing for at least the first 4 games. And may never be the same fearless special teamer after a major injury.
Reply/Quote
Tate has been a reliable guy for us, but I like the infusion of fresh blood, especially on kickoff returns. Still, it will be weird not seeing him out there in stripes. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Same guys celebrating Tate's release will be calling for Erickson's the first punt he muffs.

DAMN STRAIGHT.
Reply/Quote
This is what I thought the front office would do that is go with the youth movement at the wide receiver position
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote