Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate
(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: Quite frankly, it wasn't the fumbles that Tate had in his career here but his boneheaded decisions bringing the ball out of the end zone time and time again putting the offense in a bad starting place. How many times did you cringe when you saw him ramp up and run out of the end zone when he was so deep in it? Very rarely did it equate to something good.

I for one am glad he's gone, his contribution wasn't anything this team will miss this season.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to the Bengal who has received the most unwarranted hate over the last 5 years. He's a super solid return guy. Hopefully he gets a chance elsewhere.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just makes me wonder who is filling up the roster now?

AJ Green
Lafell???  Havent seen him make a catch..  that's pretty important for WRs
Boyd
Core
Erikson
????????????  James wright?  I know they are high on him for STs but haven't seen much from him on the field.  and dude is a huge injury risk.

That's a whole lot of No experience in the NFL right there. unless they are looking to pick up a WR I probly would have kept tate over Wright. At least ive seen tate make some nice catches on offense. All ive seen Wright do is go to IR.
Before he got his injury the coaches were gonna make him receiver number 4 they love wright and he was coming on strong as a possession
Reply/Quote
From Marvin's press conference today:

Quote:"That’s one of the harder decisions we’ve had to make for a good person, good man, great family. Gives him hopefully another jump on an opportunity this year and may be back here at some point."

Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:40 PM)Shady Wrote: From Marvin's press conference today:

Hilarious

I fully expect Tate to come back at some point. Perhaps becoming our new Chris Crocker.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I fully expect Tate to come back at some point. Perhaps becoming our new Chris Crocker.

You could be right, but

1. I doubt he'll last long. He'll be picked up by someone.
2. I hope we don't need him. Fingers crossed.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Quiet guy. Always available. Gave it his all. Thank you and best of luck in future endeavors.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I just don't understand how the coaches could make this decision. How do you let Brandon Tate go? The dude was MONEY in the punt return game! Not to mention he was really nice! But more importantly He caught EVERYTHING. The kicker out kicked the coverage? Brandon would catch it and take it 9.2 yards. The return team sets up the return lanes perfectly? Tate catches the football with ease and blisters the opposing team to the tune of 9.2 yards. Not blocked so well? 9.2 yards. Defender in his face? No big deal, fair catch secured. Have these coaches never heard of the tortoise and the hare? What's next cutting Andy Dalton and firing Marvin Lewis? (<---looking good right now with this ridiculous decision)

And who is this Alex Erickson? So what if he's  promising addition to this team. I simply can't trust a guy that spells Erickson with a C and a K. What is this team coming to?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I just don't understand how the coaches could make this decision. How do you let Brandon Tate go? The dude was MONEY in the punt return game! Not to mention he was really nice! But more importantly He caught EVERYTHING. The kicker out kicked the coverage? Brandon would catch it and take it 9.2 yards. The return team sets up the return lanes perfectly? Tate catches the football with ease and blisters the opposing team to the tune of 9.2 yards. Not blocked so well? 9.2 yards. Defender in his face? No big deal, fair catch secured. Have these coaches never heard of the tortoise and the hare? What's next cutting Andy Dalton and firing Marvin Lewis? (<---looking good right now with this ridiculous decision)

And who is this Alex Erickson? So what if he's  promising addition to this team. I simply can't trust a guy that spells Erickson with a C and a K. What is this team coming to?

What other way do you spell it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:12 PM)McC Wrote: What other way do you spell it?

Ericcson, duh.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Ericcson, duh.

No way.  How about Erixon?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:20 PM)McC Wrote: No way.  How about Erixon?

E-Rick, Son
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:20 PM)McC Wrote: No way.  How about Erixon?

Anything would be better than a C and a K. That's like following a Q with a U when spelling quiet!

Reply/Quote
Pacman was NOT happy about him being let go
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I just don't understand how the coaches could make this decision. How do you let Brandon Tate go? The dude was MONEY in the punt return game! Not to mention he was really nice! But more importantly He caught EVERYTHING. The kicker out kicked the coverage? Brandon would catch it and take it 9.2 yards. The return team sets up the return lanes perfectly? Tate catches the football with ease and blisters the opposing team to the tune of 9.2 yards. Not blocked so well? 9.2 yards. Defender in his face? No big deal, fair catch secured. Have these coaches never heard of the tortoise and the hare? What's next cutting Andy Dalton and firing Marvin Lewis? (<---looking good right now with this ridiculous decision)

This shouldn't have been moved and merged as this is about the coaching staff botching things. Whole new topic. The decision to merge this rivals the bad decision coaches made today! I'm sick to my stomach!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 03:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, if that happens I'll be cheering like crazy. It's not that I have anything against Erickson, I have been pulling for him to make the team all along. I just realize how many catches Tate has secured in games (many many) and how many Erickson has secured in real games with the ones bearing down on him..(zero). I would have been happier to keep Tate in reserve and cut LaFell, who has shown us nothing as of yet.

I agree.  I am concerned that LaFell has not been targeted much.  I want to see more from him in the next preseason game.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:42 PM)John Shaft Wrote: I recall many screaming for Dane Sanzenbacher to replace Tate. Where's Dane these days anyway ? Be careful what you wish for.

Dane is at The Andersons.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/02/67563/video-dane-sanzenbacher-is-the-worst-andersons-clerk-in-hilarious-local-news-skit

Ok, really WTOL in Toledo.
Reply/Quote
We all know Tate will get picked up by a team and run back a punt for a TD against us.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Before he got his injury the coaches were gonna make him receiver number 4 they love wright and he was coming on strong as a possession

has not looked good at all this preseason
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Good luck to the Bengal who has received the most unwarranted hate over the last 5 years.  He's a super solid return guy.  Hopefully he gets a chance elsewhere.

Yep.  Rep.

I really hope that someone can take over and fill his role seamlessly, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Tater Crusader crowd says, "I told you so!" to the Tater Hater crew at some point this season.
Reply/Quote