Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-06-2023, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought there was something else as well, but yeah. Completely different scenarios.

It was a multitude of factors working conjunction, but it doesn’t change that the injuries were a major contributor.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Forgive me Dr. Google Professor. I’ve never seen one. Sounds like you have….

Thank you for admitting I’ve never gotten into any specifics about the calf injury and that lecture on philosophy, physiology or whatever ology it is wasn’t meant for me.

So your point is Burrow’s current struggles aren’t related to a specific injury from the 2nd day of this year’s training camp, but the accumulated trauma that caught up with him during the offseason?

This is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:17 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He’s a obgyn. Glorified midwife.

Well, that means one of us has seen a vagina and knows how it works. And then there is you.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:28 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It was a multitude of factors working conjunction, but it doesn’t change that the injuries were a major contributor.

Look, JJ claimed Luck retired due to a calf injury . . .

(10-06-2023, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: no one even realized Luck's inability to recover from a calf injury was what did him in. Or they did but hated to admit me bringing up Luck was with purpose (ie same injury)

While simultaneously claiming he isn’t getting into Burrow’s specific injury . . . by linking Luck’s calf injury to Burrow’s calf injury, but again without getting into a specific injury “(ie same injury)” which seems pretty f’n specific. See above quote.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that means one of us has seen a vagina and knows how it works. And then there is you.

Funny, many of your clients would be more comfortable with your female colleagues examining them instead of you, yet you use your exposure to them as a flex.

Goober.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look, JJ claimed Luck retired due to a calf injury . . .

While simultaneously claiming he isn’t getting into Burrow’s specific injury . . . by linking Luck’s calf injury to Burrow’s calf injury, but again without getting into a specific injury “(ie same injury)” which seems pretty f’n specific.  See above quote.

Just mentioning “calf injury” when there, as you’ve googled  Dr., are different types of strains isn’t being specific. It’s being general. Did they both not suffer a calf injury? 

If I broke my arm and you broke your arm we both broke our arms in my book. Now granted a Dr. would want to know which part of the arm, which bone, what type of break and all the other specifics so I get it. But those are specifics. Not the statement we both broke our arms. You aren’t the small talk type, you the better have some time if you stop to say hello type. So lesson learned. But like I said originally. I don’t care about all that. I don’t got time for all that. 

Can we move on. You beating a dead horse and at this point even the horse has come to and is rolling its eyes at your swinging and missing in your at bat with me.

And if Luck would have recovered from the calf injury on schedule instead of having setbacks he would have played that season. He was in training camp and trying to prepare for the season let it be known. He retired in August not April. Folks rewriting history to make it sound like he was retiring anyway regardless of the calf injury have mastered the art of fake news.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:40 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Funny, many of your clients would be more comfortable with your female colleagues examining them instead of you, yet you use your exposure to them as a flex.

Goober.

I used my knowledge as a flex, not my “exposure.” You just aren’t smart enough to understand the difference.

Now you’re lashing out because your feelings got hurt and you’re embarrassed. Good.

Goober? Even your insults are pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: Just mentioning “calf injury” when there, as you’ve googled  Dr., are different types of strains isn’t being specific. It’s being general. Did they both not suffer a calf injury? 

If I broke my arm and you broke your arm we both broke our arms in my book. Now granted a Dr. would want to know which part of the arm, which bone, what type of break and all the other specifics so I get it. But those are specifics. Not the statement we both broke our arms. You aren’t the small talk type, you the better have some time if you stop to say hello type. So lesson learned. But like I said originally. I don’t care about all that. I don’t got time for all that. 

Can we move on. You beating a dead horse and at this point even the horse has come to and is rolling its eyes at your swinging and missing in your at bat with me.

Right. You don’t have time for specifics. You’ve got conclusions to jump to.

I saw a kid with a torus fracture of his distal radius. I saw another kid with missed scaphoid fracture. Both are fractures with completely different treatment plans. One will return to play in a month. The other is out for the season. Specifics matter. You don’t have them and thus have no basis for when Burrow should return to play except for your feelings.

Quote:And if Luck would have recovered from the calf injury on schedule instead of having setbacks he would have played that season. He was in training camp and trying to prepare for the season let it be known. He retired in August not April. Folks rewriting history to make it sound like he was retiring anyway regardless of the calf injury have mastered the art of fake news.

I gave you the link to the Andrew Luck interview discussing why he retired so you could read it and educate yourself. You’re being willfully ignorant at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well you the one saying all this about the calf injury/its severity/soft tissues injuries/healing etc. I haven't said or got into the specifics of any of that. That is like I said what everyone else is talking about. 

Maybe they'll take note professor when bringing up his calf and how it has effected his play.

In the mean time I'll maintain beatings take a toll on the body and eventually catch up to athletes. As we've seen since the invention of sports. Burrow looks ruined (facts given his stats, and play which is the worse it's ever been), others highlight unknowingly supporting my claims by pointing to it being because of the calf calf (them bringing up the injury.....) so he looks ruined due to injury. Which is all I said and accurate.

I'm the one stating facts. What do I have to prove. Those who say he isn't need to be the ones showing proof (they couldn't even wait to he bounced back to tell me I'm wrong). They can't point to anything like I can to say I'm wrong right now because they are basing their opinion on wishful thinking and hope. Which I get. But save your anatomy / physiology lecture for them since they are focused on the calf/injury/recovery.

Can you speak on the severity of the initial injury and the rumored setback?

Basically, what you've stated is that this calf injury has triggered a decline that was imminent due to a list of previous injuries, despite Burrow only being 26 years old and playing at an elite level right up until the end of last year, instead of simply realizing that a calf injury impairs his ability to move and plant/push off his back leg while throwing; which is the thing that actually explains why he's not looked like himself this year. 

You're taking a predisposed idea--repeated beatings--and using an injury that didn't even come from contact, to support an argument that is already weak because he's had one major injury and the typical dings that all NFL players endure. Then to top it off, you're using Andrew Luck as an example when the comparison is apples and oranges, doing all of this while Burrow is being sacked at a lower rate over the last season plus, than he was in his first two seasons.

I don't blame you for worrying about Burrow being hit as much as he has to this point but i do blame you for not looking at a non-contact soft tissue injury objectively, seeing how that can affect a quarterback and then using it as a reason to support your position, in the face of all arguments against--some of them coming from a person who actually works in the medical field--to claim that Burrow is now "ruined". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Forgive me Dr. Google Professor. I’ve never seen one. Sounds like you have….

Thank you for admitting I’ve never gotten into any specifics about the calf injury and that lecture on philosophy, physiology or whatever ology it is wasn’t meant for me.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 12:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Basically, what you've stated is that this calf injury has triggered a decline that was imminent due to a list of previous injuries, despite Burrow only being 26 years old and playing at an elite level right up until the end of last year, instead of simply realizing that a calf injury impairs his ability to move and plant/push off his back leg while throwing; which is the thing that actually explains why he's not looked like himself this year. 

You're taking a predisposed idea--repeated beatings--and using an injury that didn't even come from contact, to support an argument that is already weak because he's had one major injury and the typical dings that all NFL players endure. Then to top it off, you're using Andrew Luck as an example when the comparison is apples and oranges, doing all of this while Burrow is being sacked at a lower rate over the last season plus, than he was in his first two seasons.

I don't blame you for worrying about Burrow being hit as much as he has to this point but i do blame you for not looking at a non-contact soft tissue injury objectively, seeing how that can affect a quarterback and then using it as a reason to support your position, in the face of all arguments against--some of them coming from a person who actually works in the medical field--to claim that Burrow is now "ruined". 

Yep ThumbsUp

It really has blown mu mind the number of people here who have been crying!! It's over (Burrow's career) trade him, washed up, lets move on, sell the team, he's toast back to the 90's and so on.

The man has taken us much further than anybody in decades and done it at a very high level! And dudes wanna Panic over a non contact soft tissue injury like there's no recovery from it possible. EVER
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep ThumbsUp

It really has blown mu mind the number of people here who have been crying!! It's over (Burrow's career) trade him, washed up, lets move on, sell the team, he's toast back to the 90's and so on.

The man has taken us much further than anybody in decades and done it at a very high level! And dudes wanna Panic over a non contact soft tissue injury like there's no recovery from it possible. EVER

Look at the names of the posters having mental breakdowns. Literally the same exact people who do this ever time we lose or something negative happens. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 01:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Look at the names of the posters having mental breakdowns. Literally the same exact people who do this ever time we lose or something negative happens. 

Let’s be fair. Most of us are having mental breakdowns over these losses…many of us just aren’t putting our thoughts into words on these boards. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 01:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: Let’s be fair.  Most of us are having mental breakdowns over these losses…many of us just aren’t putting our thoughts into words on these boards.  :)

I understand people having meltdowns during the game day threads or even the next day or two after a game. We're now 6 days post gameday. That's when you see the posters who just want to be right with their irrational knee-jerk hyperbolic takes not matter what vs actually being able to have a discussion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 12:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: … in the face of all arguments against--some of them coming from a person who actually works in the medical field--to claim that Burrow is now "ruined". 

Works in a medical field? He’s got his undergrad in Wikipedia, masters in Google, and doctorates in SPIRD. If you can’t see through that how can you see through me? 

It sounds to me like he attended FT University. Once known for their Law Program.

I’ve been over the loss since Wednesday. Blame those still triggered and feeling the need to carry on the conversation. If questioned, I’ll reply naturally. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 03:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the offense relies on the passing game way too much. When their passing game is bad, and they still manage to win, it's usually the defense that bails them out. Rarely the run game.

People here didnt care about the run game because "we have Joe burrow" and all we need is 4ypc

well when Burrow is hurt, how you gonna win? You put the offense of Burrow's shoulders. There has never been a healthy balance with this team. And when I say balance, I dont mean equal rushing attempts to pass attempts. I mean having a run game that can be top 15 in YPC when called upon. But it's never been that way here under Joe Burrow. The run game has always been bad and inneficient 

Well then I don't blame Burrow.  I blame Coach Taylor for sometimes getting too pass happy in his play calling and forgetting to run the ball.  

If the Fans want more rushing yards, then by god stop crying every time Bengals call a run play.  Stop saying Chase is always open.   Fans need to stop wanting The Bomb every play and Boo if it is a run or short pass.  

I would love to see more run plays,  but I've heard the fans Boo on every run play and short pass.  They think Bengals should score every play and put up 60 points every game.  In your hearts you know I am right and you all have heard the fans Boo on every play that is not The Bomb.  

So if the fans want more runs, then the fans should not Boo if they call a run play, like they have been. 

Back to why is the offense struggling.  I say it's very simple.  Joe Burrow has been injured.  This offense is only as good as Joe Borrow is.  I don't think that means Joe Burrow is a problem, this team was awful before they drafted Joe Burrow.  Joe Burrow is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise.   The Offense IS struggling because Burrow happens to be injured.  That's just the Facts. 

If Burrow is healthy or injured, I would like to see 50 % of the plays run plays, I've been saying that last few years.  OH, but the Fans don't want to hear 50 % run plays.  They want The Bomb every play.   The Fans don't ever want run plays, and yet the Fans cry because not enough rushing yards.  The truth is, The Fans don't know what the heck they want.  All the Fans want to do is play the Blame Game and come up with Computer Charts and break out slide rulers to over examine and prove their answer to what is wrong with Bengals.   What is wrong with Bengals does not take rocket science.  The Star Quarterback has been Injured.  

And too those saying Burrow will never be healthy again, that is pretty stupid.  Burrow will be healthy again, and he will shut you all up as this team does start to dominate again. 

and all the fans did was Boo as Ken Anderson lay on the field injured, and they wanted the back-up QB. The Fans actually enjoyed Anderson injured on the field. But Anderson came back the next week and took The Bengals to The Super Bowl and was AFC MVP, and it showed how wrong the fans were. They were wrong about Anderson, and if they think Burrow won't come back and win, they are wrong again. I see how Las Vegas makes so much money on how wrong the fans can be.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 02:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Works in a medical field? He’s got his undergrad in Wikipedia, masters in Google, and doctorates in SPIRD. If you can’t see through that how can you see through me? 

It sounds to me like he attended FT University. Once known for their Law Program.

I’ve been over the loss since Wednesday. Blame those still triggered and feeling the need to carry on the conversation. If questioned, I’ll reply naturally. 

I can see through everyone and know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 03:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Well then I don't blame Burrow.  I blame Coach Taylor for sometimes getting too pass happy in his play calling and forgetting to run the ball.  

If the Fans want more rushing yards, then by god stop crying every time Bengals call a run play.  Stop saying Chase is always open.   Fans need to stop wanting The Bomb every play and Boo if it is a run or short pass.  

I would love to see more run plays,  but I've heard the fans Boo on every run play and short pass.  They think Bengals should score every play and put up 60 points every game.  In your hearts you know I am right and you all have heard the fans Boo on every play that is not The Bomb.  

So if the fans want more runs, then the fans should not Boo if they call a run play, like they have been. 

I think you my have misunderstood my point.

I’m not saying they need to run the ball more, I’m saying they need to figure out how to run the ball better and more efficiently.

But with burro injured, im all for running it more. But as we all know, the run game stinks

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 02:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Works in a medical field? He’s got his undergrad in Wikipedia, masters in Google, and doctorates in SPIRD. If you can’t see through that how can you see through me? 

UCLA

University of Columbus ‘Longside the Airport

I’ve already taught you the difference between anatomy and physiology. Keep f’n around and you might accidentally learn something else despite your best efforts to the contrary.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that means one of us has seen a vagina and knows how it works. And then there is you.

Hello. I’d like to report a murder.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote