Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(03-17-2018, 10:33 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Doping control is a huge pain in the ass. Many of the tests they do have time limits, half lifes, are debatable after a certain period of time etc. Not to mention they fedex them to a wada lab in San Francisco... which is complete BS.  I don't care how much money the NFL has. The reality is, they target those who they think might be doping and ignore others. (Manning) As I said before, its a slippery slope to say x percentage of players are doping, but if you had millions on the line and knew you had a minuscule chance of getting tested,  we shouldn't be fooled.  

I've seen cyclists spend half their measly  30k salary on testorone, hgh, etc. just to stay in the game. 

Your two points seem to contradict one another though. On one hand you're implying the NFL is corrupt and on the other you're saying Burfict was probably cheating anyways. 

How do you know who they do and don't test? We only ever hear about the ones who failed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:43 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Your two points seem to contradict one another though. On one hand you're implying the NFL is corrupt and on the other you're saying Burfict was probably cheating anyways. 

How do you know who they do and don't test? We only ever hear about the ones who failed. 

They're only testing certain athletes. That's all it comes down to. I'm not saying they're spiking his results. The reality is (again, I'm not saying they're all doing it), but hey could pop pretty much anyone they want. (HGH, Testorone, inhalers, topical cortizone, adderal, too much benedyl, sudafed, triple latte) 

Maybe he should not show up (Bell) or blame it on his wife (Manning). Its Bullshit. 

I'm not defending Mr. Burfict if he's legitimately guilty as charged. I'm just suggesting that the world of PEDs is a very subjective one and admittedly, Vontaze is an easy target. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Don't get mad at me cause our best players can't stay on the field. You guys keep telling me they will, history keeps proving me right. Why do you want me to keep getting fooled? I certainly don't want that for you guys. But Bengal fans keep getting played by Lucy.

I'm team Burfict and Team Eifert, but forgive me if I'm over the annual let down.

We MUST prepare for life without them.

People outside of the jungle are saying we can't keep hitching our wagon on unreliable vehicles if we want to turn this thing around. I'm at that point as treasonous as some make it out to be.

Fool me once on you, how often do you want me to keep getting fooled? Right George?

I'm not mad at you JJ22. I do apologize to you and everyone for the outburst! I am VERY frustrated with Burfict but I feel the need to defend him at ALL cost! He breaths life into a D that is NOT there when he is out! He commands this D and other teams MUST gameplan against him. We haven't had that type of person for a very long time. Gino would be my next but even he doesn't seem to have the power to lead this D!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't want him either but when Marv brought him in as an UDFA i was like, alright.

He is one hell of a LB to watch, first time i saw him in stripes in a Preseason game he made a nice diving interception...

I liked him ever since and was just glad he was on our side. He played dirty sometimes early on, but he has took that
out of his game. When he tackles someone he puts them on their backside, he knows how to use his body in a way
that not many can.

Funny thing is, one of the ones that can, we just picked up in Preston Brown.

I REALLY hope so!!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't want him either but when Marv brought him in as an UDFA i was like, alright.

He is one hell of a LB to watch, first time i saw him in stripes in a Preseason game he made a nice diving interception...

I liked him ever since and was just glad he was on our side. He played dirty sometimes early on, but he has took that
out of his game. When he tackles someone he puts them on their backside, he knows how to use his body in a way
that not many can.

Funny thing is, one of the ones that can, we just picked up in Preston Brown.

Which us why it would be amazing to have him AND Burfict on the field at the same time.

I have a feeling this will stand just because we're the Bengals, but I think all the people wanting him cut are insane because he's a game-changer and the leader of our defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:57 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: They're only testing certain athletes. That's all it comes down to. I'm not saying they're spiking his results. The reality is (again, I'm not saying they're all doing it), but hey could pop pretty much anyone they want. (HGH, Testorone, inhalers, topical cortizone, adderal, too much benedyl, sudafed, triple latte) 

Maybe he should not show up (Bell) or blame it on his wife (Manning). Its Bullshit. 

I'm not defending Mr. Burfict if he's legitimately guilty as charged. I'm just suggesting that the world of PEDs is a very subjective one and admittedly, Vontaze is an easy target. 

In your first post you suggested all NFL players are doping. So if they're all doping, how is Burfict an easy target?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In your first post you suggested all NFL players are doping. So if they're all doping, how is Burfict an easy target?

How many players get suspended for a legal hit across the middle in the preseason? He's an easy target and the national media eats it up because of his (and the Bengals) reputation. Its all about clicks, likes etc. There's 100 Steelers fans for every Bengals fan across our great country. Its all about building the brand and its a lot easier to pander to large market teams. 

If you think doping is not pervasive across the NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, Olympics, EPL, etc. etc... well, I've got this bridge I'm looking to sell. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:08 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: What I'm saying is they can't/won't test everyone. They pick and choose who they test and they focus on the ones they know will be easy targets. Its a slippery slope to suggest all or most are doing it, but since you brought up the cycling analogy, yeah... NFL players stand to gain so much more than a pack-fill cyclist. I'm the last to defend the likes of Lance Armstrong. I've seen plenty of folks get away with it when their peers know whats going on. I've seen others targeted because they're easy targets. 

Doping sucks. It happens at your local 5k, marathon, racquetball tourny, nascar race, curling competition  Ninja   etc. The reality is its easy to get around the tests when you know your'e not going to get tested, or know what your levels need to be. If local joes can get around WADA testing, NFL players can too. Hence, I take these reports with a grain of salt.

And in response to your insinuation that I dope. I'm currently not racing because I had a Bi-Lateral Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in both my lungs) last year and taking meds to recover. Those meds would require a TUE. (Therapeutic Use Exception) which is a huge pain in the ass.  I choose to race clean and will hope that I recover and can get back at it sooner than later. 

Just don't believe all you hear. 

cheers. Who Dey

I don't believe all I hear. Like most of your post.

It's pretty rare for a competitive athlete to have a PE let alone bilateral PEs. But, the treatment for PEs would be anticoagulants and thrombolytics. I just checked the WADW list of prohibited substances and didn't see either on the list. So what medications are you taking for PEs that require a therapeutic use exemption?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:24 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: How many players get suspended for a legal hit across the middle in the preseason? He's an easy target and the national media eats it up because of his (and the Bengals) reputation. Its all about clicks, likes etc. There's 100 Steelers fans for every Bengals fan across our great country. Its all about building the brand and its a lot easier to pander to large market teams. 

Let's just stick to the topic of doping and not drag other topics in as a distraction.

Quote:If you think doping is not pervasive across the NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, Olympics, EPL, etc. etc... well, I've got this bridge I'm looking to sell. 

So if doping is so pervasive that weekend warriors running a local 5K are doping as you suggested earlier, how does that make Burfict an easy target? And if he is such an easy target why did it take them six seasons to pop him for the first time? You're basically arguing Burfict is guilty, but it isn't fair the NFL caught him cheating.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't believe all I hear.  Like most of your post.

It's pretty rare for a competitive athlete to have a PE let alone bilateral PEs. But, the treatment for PEs would be anticoagulants and thrombolytics. I just checked the WADW list of prohibited substances and didn't see either on the list. So what medications are you taking for PEs that require a therapeutic use exemption?

You're right. It is indeed pretty rare. Unfortunately I was genetically predisposed to it. Blood thinners are anything but performance enhancing, especially at altitude. However, Inhalers are, especially when abused. They do require a TUE. cheers.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:38 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: You're right. It is indeed pretty rare. Unfortunately I was genetically predisposed to it. Blood thinners are anything but performance enhancing, especially at altitude. However, Inhalers are, especially when abused. They do require a TUE. cheers.

Inhalers aren't used to treat PEs. So you wouldn't need a therapeutic use exemption to take a medication you wouldn't be prescribed to treat a PE.

So are inhalers your final answer or would you like another chance at BSing me?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Inhalers aren't used to treat PEs. So you wouldn't need a therapeutic use exemption to take a medication you wouldn't be prescribed to treat a PE.

Sir, I'll tip my hat and say goodnight. When you live at 7,500 ft altitude and still can't breathe regularly after 6 months post PE, then yes, inhalers are in the conversation. I'll leave it at that. Going from multi-day races to not being able to walk up the stairs... changes everything. 

cheers. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:53 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Sir, I'll tip my hat and say goodnight. When you live at 7,500 ft altitude and still can't breathe regularly after 6 months post PE, then yes, inhalers are in the conversation. I'll leave it at that. Going from multi-day races to not being able to walk up the stairs... changes everything. 

cheers. 

Well, sir, beta agonists and anticholenergics would treat airway restriction and PEs don't cause airway restriction.

An inhaled corticosteroid would treat airway inflammation and PEs don't cause that , either.

And why would you be abusing your inhalers if you aren't competing?

And why won't you tell me the name of the inhalers your abusing, but not for a competitive advantage because you don't dope, you just know lots of people who do?

And why would you need a therapeutic use exemption if you can't even walk up the stairs? Because if you can't walk up the stairs, you can't even race. If you can't race, you don't need a therapeutic use exemption for an inhaler that isn't indicated to treat a PE.

Thanks for the bedtime story.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 01:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, sir, beta agonists and anticholenergics would treat airway restriction and PEs don't cause airway restriction.

An inhaled corticosteroid would treat airway inflammation and PEs don't cause that , either.

And why would you be abusing your inhalers if you aren't competing?

And why won't you tell me the name of the inhalers your abusing, but not for a competitive advantage because you don't dope, you just know lots of people who do?

And why would you need a therapeutic use exemption if you can't even walk up the stairs?  Because if you can't walk up the stairs, you can't even race. If you can't race, you don't need a therapeutic use exemption for an inhaler that isn't indicated to treat a PE.

Thanks for the bedtime story.

Well, at least I'm not resorting to asking someone to disclose their personal info online to prove a point. 

peace, and best of luck. 

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 01:27 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Well, at least I'm not resorting to asking someone to disclose their personal info online to prove a point. 

peace, and best of luck. Feel free to message me if you feel you have anything to add beyond my PC, hematologist, cardiologist. I'd be glad to take the advice of some random person on the web.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:08 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: What I'm saying is they can't/won't test everyone. They pick and choose who they test and they focus on the ones they know will be easy targets. Its a slippery slope to suggest all or most are doing it, but since you brought up the cycling analogy, yeah... NFL players stand to gain so much more than a pack-fill cyclist. I'm the last to defend the likes of Lance Armstrong. I've seen plenty of folks get away with it when their peers know whats going on. I've seen others targeted because they're easy targets. 

Doping sucks. It happens at your local 5k, marathon, racquetball tourny, nascar race, curling competition  Ninja   etc. The reality is its easy to get around the tests when you know your'e not going to get tested, or know what your levels need to be. If local joes can get around WADA testing, NFL players can too. Hence, I take these reports with a grain of salt.

And in response to your insinuation that I dope. I'm currently not racing because I had a Bi-Lateral Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in both my lungs) last year and taking meds to recover. Those meds would require a TUE. (Therapeutic Use Exception) which is a huge pain in the ass.  I choose to race clean and will hope that I recover and can get back at it sooner than later. 

Just don't believe all you hear. 

cheers. Who Dey

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with PE. Best of luck!

Although I agree that at times, random selection, is dichotomous and the term is contradictory in and of itself. However, I'm not sure one can deduce that Burfict is being targeted, unless he is being tested every year.

Given his relatively aggressive demeanor on the field, it is possible that it drew the attention of NFL and possibly there may have been other Teams/Players have raised concerns that he be tested.

But unless he is being tested every year without a prior failure, one can't make that conclusion.    
Reply/Quote
i think the guy is somewhat of a jerk, BUT I gotta roll with Chris Carter on this one. To me, guys like Burfict should be the LAST ones to "dope" because their pure athletic ability exceeds that of the average player, so all they need due is perhaps work a little harder. I don't see a conspiracy theory here either, because as we all know....only Steeler players fall victim to those Tongue For my money there is NEVER a reason to cheat to get an edge, there just isn't.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 01:27 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Well, at least I'm not resorting to asking someone to disclose their personal info online to prove a point. 

peace, and best of luck. 

You're the one who volunteered you're abusing inhalers for bilateral PEs (even though they aren't prescribed for PEs) which would require a pain in the ass therapeutic use exemption to compete, but you can't compete because you can't even walk up the stairs thus negating any need for a therapeutic use exemption no matter how big or small a pain in the ass they might be.

Don't blame me for you letting the horse out of the barn.

Cheers, "mate."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 01:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're the one who volunteered you're abusing inhalers for bilateral PEs (even though they aren't prescribed for PEs) which would require a pain in the ass therapeutic use exemption to compete, but you can't compete because you can't even walk up the stairs thus negating any need for a therapeutic use exemption no matter how big or small a pain in the ass they might be.

Don't blame me for you letting the horse out of the barn.

Cheers, "mate."

Like I said, feel free to message me if you have any suggestions. I'm all ears. No one's abusing anything. I'm taking whats prescribed and doing what I know is right while I recover. You talk a big game, I'd be happy to chat. But, seriously. If you're an MD in Cincy, we may already know each other. I still have friends in the medical community in the Cincinnati area. 

Cheers, "mate"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:04 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Like I said, feel free to message me if you have any suggestions. I'm all ears. No one's abusing anything. I'm taking whats prescribed and doing what I know is right while I recover. You talk a big game, I'd be happy to chat. But, seriously. If you're an MD in Cincy, we may already know each other. I still have friends in the medical community in the Cincinnati area. 

Cheers, "mate"

(03-18-2018, 12:38 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: You're right. It is indeed pretty rare. Unfortunately I was genetically predisposed to it. Blood thinners are anything but performance enhancing, especially at altitude. However, Inhalers are, especially when abused. They do require a TUE. cheers.

I'm not talking a big game, I'm asking questions. Questions you don't want to answer because now they're suddenly too personal although you have an anonymous account and no one knows who you are. You're the one who wanted to sell me a bridge, remember?
Reply/Quote