Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(03-18-2018, 02:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm not talking a big game, I'm asking questions. Questions you don't want to answer because now they're suddenly too personal although you have an anonymous account and no one knows who you are. You're the one who wanted to sell me a bridge, remember?

You win the internet tonight tough guy. congrats. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:39 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: You win the internet tonight tough guy. congrats. 

Asking questions doesn't make someone a tough guy. But, one way to shut me up real quick would be answers.

But, since you suddenly seem like you don't want to tell me your life story any more let's forget about the exemption you don't need for inhalers since you're too short of breath to walk up the stairs let alone race.

(03-17-2018, 10:08 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: What I'm saying is they can't/won't test everyone. They pick and choose who they test and they focus on the ones they know will be easy targets. Its a slippery slope to suggest all or most are doing it, but since you brought up the cycling analogy, yeah... NFL players stand to gain so much more than a pack-fill cyclist. I'm the last to defend the likes of Lance Armstrong. I've seen plenty of folks get away with it when their peers know whats going on. I've seen others targeted because they're easy targets. 

Doping sucks. It happens at your local 5k, marathon, racquetball tourny, nascar race, curling competition  Ninja   etc. The reality is its easy to get around the tests when you know your'e not going to get tested, or know what your levels need to be. If local joes can get around WADA testing, NFL players can too. Hence, I take these reports with a grain of salt.

And in response to your insinuation that I dope. I'm currently not racing because I had a Bi-Lateral Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in both my lungs) last year and taking meds to recover. Those meds would require a TUE. (Therapeutic Use Exception) which is a huge pain in the ass.  I choose to race clean and will hope that I recover and can get back at it sooner than later. 

Just don't believe all you hear. 

cheers. Who Dey

If the tests are so easy to get around how did Burfict get caught on a test which is easy to beat?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Asking questions doesn't make someone a tough guy. But, one way to shut me up real quick would be answers.

But, since you suddenly seem like you don't want to tell me your life story any more let's forget about the exemption you don't need for inhalers since you're too short of breath to walk up the stairs let alone race.

If the tests are so easy to get around how did Burfict get caught on a test which is easy to beat?
My invitation to message me stands. At this point, you're grandstanding. Isn't it past your bed time? I've got 20 on you responding to this and I'm quite sure you will. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:28 AM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: My invitation to message me stands. At this point, you're grandstanding. Isn't it past your bed time? I've got 20 on you responding to this and I'm quite sure you will. 

I took you up on your invitation two hours ago. Still waiting on a reply and for you to answer the latest question.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:17 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Dude has played like 60% of the games, dumb penalties when he does play. He usually misses at the beginning of the year and it puts the team in a hole out of the gate, that’s the heart of the team? Even if the team were to win when he’s out, how does it affect the continuity that the team established when he was out? He’s a huge talent but if dude can’t stay on the field then he shorthand’s the team and becomes a negative. If he’s missing 5-8 games every year, there’s a problem.

As much as we all know his play can’t be matched via trade how can any of this ^^^^be argues. I never thought it’d be this bad with these fools. But honestly. Because he is so good. I’d say the next **** up u tell him ur on the block. Who knows. I mean why not trade him for a Karl
Joeseph and a first round pick. Gruden is gay for burfict.
Reply/Quote
This is actually good news.

Even though Burfict seems to have recoverd 100% from the microfracture surgery on his knee a few years ago guys who have that procedure don't have long careers.

So it is good for him to play a few less games every year. It will extend his career.
Reply/Quote
How was 55 targeted in being tested?

10 players per team are randomly tested every week of the season, so really every player on the roster will be tested a minimum of 2 times.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:37 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: I don't post often. But I'd like throw this out there. I'm a huge Bengals fan. I race in a sport where I get tested all the time. I'll say this: Testing is expensive and a pain in the ass to make sure the chain of possession is preserved etc. They're not testing across the board, they're targeting certain individuals. I know 55 has proven himself to be a bit of a knucklehead, but anyone who thinks he wasn't targeted is living on another planet. Guys I race against get busted all the time and they're amateurs. There's no reason to think an NFL athlete who has one shot to make it isn't doing what they can to improve their chances. The reality is, they're targeting the few. Out of comp. testing is pretty rare unless you're being targeted.

And, I find it interesting that national pundits like Florio have no less than 3 full page essays ready to roll as soon as something like this hits.

Florio is a huge steeler fan (side note, I was there this weekend for a soccer tournament.  What a shit hole.  A lot of road kill...maybe they were just depressed with their surroundings and committed suicide).  The comments about Burfict on his article from that town were all saying things like how he should be in prison for life, insinuating he has had some kind of off the field trouble.  Yet, their QB rapes women with his oline blocking the door.  Douchebags.

I will say this, if Burfict did in fact test positive because he took a prescription from the team doctor, he will sue the Bengals and he will win.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is actually good news.

Even though Burfict seems to have recoverd 100% from the microfracture surgery on his knee a few years ago guys who have that procedure don't have long careers.

So it is good for him to play a few less games every year.  It will extend his career.

as long as he is a Bengal, I'm all for that Fred!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ugh.

Now can we entertain trading him or is it too late?

Bengals tried to trade him Friday to Raiders, so Bengals are not against trading him.  Now this, and if Burficts appeal fails it means around 11M of his contract is void and Bengals don't have to pay it.  The Bengals saw more suspensions coming with this dude and lawyers put a suspension clause in.  Bengals were trying to trade him to Raiders Friday. If Burficts appeal fails, the Bengals get out of a lot of this contract, making it even more easy unload Burfict yet again suspended, the Bengals trying to free up cap space money anyway. Had the deal gone down Friday with Raiders, he would already be gone.  To those wanting to see Burfict and the new LB added, it could happen, but Bengals trying to trade him makes it look like the new guy's contract means the often suspended Burfict payroll will go to help pay the new LB. The new LB has been starting 16 games a season, something Burfict hasn't been coming close to. I repeat, had the deal gone down Friday, Burfict would be a Raider and already gone. Bengals have been engaged in trade talks on moving Burfict to another team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:37 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: I don't post often. But I'd like throw this out there. I'm a huge Bengals fan. I race in a sport where I get tested all the time. I'll say this: Testing is expensive and a pain in the ass to make sure the chain of possession is preserved etc. They're not testing across the board, they're targeting certain individuals. I know 55 has proven himself to be a bit of a knucklehead, but anyone who thinks he wasn't targeted is living on another planet. Guys I race against get busted all the time and they're amateurs. There's no reason to think an NFL athlete who has one shot to make it isn't doing what they can to improve their chances. The reality is, they're targeting the few. Out of comp. testing is pretty rare unless you're being targeted.

And, I find it interesting that national pundits like Florio have no less than 3 full page essays ready to roll as soon as something like this hits.

Hey Bengal fans! Enough of the doping drug test crap. Who cares at this point. If somebody wants to take a substance that makes them bigger and stronger and heal faster(even if it has adverse effects) who cares. I'm not so sure what all the fuss is about. Yes I would prefer the purity of "clean" guys that work hard and strive for excellence.... but this phony moralizing from some of the biggest slime-balls on the planet is just stupid. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Reply/Quote
To add to Conspiracy Theorist, I've been saying all along that the NFL has it in for Burfict. It seems like if he spits into the wind,the NFL fines him or suspends him! It seems like another team for years played over aggressive and nothing was done. I won't mention any names but, their initials are Steelers! Ask Carson when his knee was tore up about them! I'm sure the Steel Curtain played clean! After 6 rings I'm sure the NFL doesn't want another team to mess up the record! Not a Steelers fan!
Reply/Quote
I don't really get all this conspiracy stuff against the Bengals. They have not been really relevant for decades. So why would the NFL conspire against them? I don't really see Goodell having a staff meeting and saying, "I know it is a small market team that has not won a playoff game in decades, so how can we screw the Bengals this year? Should we find a way to suspend Burfict again? That will show them. Mostly I just hate their mascot so let's find a way to screw them over. (insert evil laugh)"

The Bengals biggest undoing has been the Bengals themselves. Lack of discipline, accountability and leadership, starting with Mike Brown , trickling down to Marvin, and then to the players. That is what is really conspiring against the Bengals. As for a preference for the Steelers, the NFL actually benefits from a more competitive AFCN. The games have more meaning and in turn more viewership when they actually mean something.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't really get all this conspiracy stuff against the Bengals.  They have not been really relevant for decades.  So why would the NFL conspire against them?

I don't believe the conspiracy stuff either.  However, when the team couldn't stop getting themselves arrested 13 or so years ago, that wasn't just a black-eye on the team, it was a black-eye for the league as well. So why would the NFL conspire against a team that habitually employed people incapable of staying out of the police blotter? Payback for bad PR is a pretty good reason (for them at least), and Goodell is a weaselly, sad, spiteful man. 

Again I'm not saying I believe this to be the case but you asked why, that's a potential reason. Also, by virtue of them 'not really being relevant' and a small-market team with limited national following, you can bully them and not really have anyone outside the small fan-base get too upset about it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't really get all this conspiracy stuff against the Bengals.  They have not been really relevant for decades.  So why would the NFL conspire against them?   I don't really see Goodell having a staff meeting and saying, "I know it is a small market team that has not won a playoff game in decades, so how can we screw the Bengals this year?  Should we find a way to suspend Burfict again?  That will show them.  Mostly I just hate their mascot so let's find a way to screw them over. (insert evil laugh)"  

The Bengals biggest undoing has been the Bengals themselves.  Lack of discipline, accountability and leadership, starting with Mike Brown , trickling down to Marvin, and then to the players. That is what is really conspiring against the Bengals.  As for a preference for the Steelers, the NFL actually benefits from a more competitive AFCN. The games have more meaning and in turn more viewership when they actually mean something.

This. The league doesn't have it out for the bengals, the bengals are just hampered by sheer incompetence.

If there really were a plot to keep the bengals down.... There is absolutely no way in hell the league would have let the bengals win at Pittsburgh, with a playoff spot on the line, in the waning moments of the game, on the anniversary of the immaculate reception in 2012. There is just no way that would have ever been allowed to happen.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:47 PM)Ravage Wrote: I don't believe the conspiracy stuff either.  However, when the team couldn't stop getting themselves arrested 13 or so years ago, that wasn't just a black-eye on the team, it was a black-eye for the league as well. So why would the NFL conspire against a team that habitually employed people incapable of staying out of the police blotter? Payback for bad PR is a pretty good reason (for them at least), and Goodell is a weaselly, sad, spiteful man. 

Again I'm not saying I believe this to be the case but you asked why, that's a potential reason. Also, by virtue of them 'not really being relevant' and a small-market team with limited national following, you can bully them and not really have anyone outside the small fan-base get too upset about it. 

In the last 6 years, the Bengals have been at the lower end of arrested players. Since then teams with a higher arrest record have had success.  So why hasn't the NFL spited them for their bad PR?  I get it the Bengals have had a good degree of bad luck combined with players causing problems.  But going by this chart from the last 6 years I don't see the Broncos, Ravens, Seahawks, (all Super Bowl Champions since then) with a higher arrest record being spited by Roger over that time frame.  Or are you saying Roger holds a long term grudge?  Sorry, I don't buy it.

[Image: T5d1gps.png]

We need to look at the Bengals at face value. A team with a complacent owner and a coach that doesn't demand discipline and respect from his players. Until those things change the Bengals will always be mediocre, or as one article I read, seem content with serving their fans the same warmed over dish year after year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In the last 6 years, the Bengals have been at the lower end of arrested players. Since then teams with a higher arrest record have had success.  So why hasn't the NFL spited them for their bad PR?  I get it the Bengals have had a good degree of bad luck combined with players causing problems.  But going by this chart from the last 6 years I don't see the Broncos, Ravens, Seahawks, (all Super Bowl Champions since then) with a higher arrest record being spited by Roger over that time frame.  Or are you saying Roger holds a long term grudge?  Sorry, I don't buy it.
I never said I disagreed with you. I don't think they're 'out to get us' or anything like that. You asked for a reason/motivation; I simply provided one, weak as it might of been. However if you noticed, I said 13 or so years ago, I didn't say currently. That being said we were kinda the poster-boys for the whole 'Hey! Look at all these NFL players getting arrested!' sensation, and perception more than reality seems to rule the day, especially nowadays. Pretty nice chart btw, depressing, but nice!
Reply/Quote
How many flags were thrown in games last year where we were sure he would be suspended after only to not have that happen. Without a doubt he is being targeted on the field but this appears to be Burfict taking banned medications to heal from injuries rather than competitive advantages. Whether or not he knew what he was doing is unclear at this point. He did have that concussion..

We'll see

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In the last 6 years, the Bengals have been at the lower end of arrested players. Since then teams with a higher arrest record have had success.  So why hasn't the NFL spited them for their bad PR?  I get it the Bengals have had a good degree of bad luck combined with players causing problems.  But going by this chart from the last 6 years I don't see the Broncos, Ravens, Seahawks, (all Super Bowl Champions since then) with a higher arrest record being spited by Roger over that time frame.  Or are you saying Roger holds a long term grudge?  Sorry, I don't buy it.

We need to look at the Bengals at face value.  A team with a complacent owner and a coach that doesn't demand discipline and respect from his players.  Until those things change the Bengals will always be mediocre, or as one article I read, seem content with serving their fans the same warmed over dish year after year.

Look at those media darling Minnesota Vikings DUI-ing it up!  Geez!
Reply/Quote

We need to look at the Bengals at face value.  A team with a complacent owner and a coach that doesn't demand discipline and respect from his players.  Until those things change the Bengals will always be mediocre, or as one article I read, seem content with serving their fans the same warmed over dish year after year.
Were some of our offenders, repeat offenders though? Take for example Pacman, does his offenses just become his new team's arrest blotter?
Reply/Quote