Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(03-16-2018, 03:51 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This is so old. I'm sorry that I'm tired of a guy missing time and constantly doing as much harm to the team as good. It doesn't make any less of a fan or any worse of a fan than you. I love his fire and intensity, but he has a proven track record of being an idiot on the field. If this suspension stands and he misses no other time this season, that will mean Burfict will have played in 47 of a potential 80 games the last 5 seasons. Some of that is due to injuries, but between injuries and suspension he will have been on the field less than 60% of the time the last 5 seasons. He may make the defense better, but he can't help them when he's not out there. I don't understand why holding the guy accountable and wanting him to take personal responsibility for his poor decisions make me a bad fan.

He's the Tyler Eifert of the defense except some of his missed time is due to suspensions rather than all injuries.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:51 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Is there any proof of that? I cannot see a big change in play (at least statistically) for Burfict after coming back from suspension. 

My eyes is the proof the guy was fat and out of shape after he came back after the last suspension. He was slow and only got into shape because we let him run around on the field in games. If they didn't let him play in games he would of been fat all year on the bench.
Reply/Quote
This is why I said that would entertain trading him in the rumor thread.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:54 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: False, by 'technicality' though. 

On the banned list is glucocorticosteroids. Anti-inflammatory agent used to treat pain, arthritis, asthma, allergic reaction, etc. I would ASSUME this would be what he popped positive for.

The official list for banned PEDs - https://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002037

That's what I was saying... if he was out for the year already, which he was, and the doctor put him on the steroids to deal with his concussion and shoulder, then screw the NFL, this is just another ploy to keep him out of a Steelers game. (more than likely). 

Quote:ESPN.com is reporitng that Burfict argues he couldn't be using any drugs to enhance his condition when he wasn't playing. The web site said he failed the test Dec. 27, when he  had already had been declared out for the season's last game and was taking prescription medication for the concussion he suffered agaiunst the Steelers and a shoulder injury against the Lions in the last month of the season.

He's right, and I'm calling straight up BS.... funny how he flunks at test in December, and they wait till  the Bengals are making some pretty good moves to make a run before they announce this.....
Reply/Quote
Who wants to bet if the Bengals cut him, the Stoolers sign him before the ink dries?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what I was saying... if he was out for the year already, which he was, and the doctor put him on the steroids to deal with his concussion and shoulder, then screw the NFL, this is just another ploy to keep him out of a Steelers game. (more than likely). 

He's right, and I'm calling straight up BS.... funny how he flunks at test in December, and they wait till  the Bengals are making some pretty good moves to make a run before they announce this.....

Just because his season was done doesn't mean the rules change or don't apply.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what I was saying... if he was out for the year already, which he was, and the doctor put him on the steroids to deal with his concussion and shoulder, then screw the NFL, this is just another ploy to keep him out of a Steelers game. (more than likely). 

Sure looks that way.....he'd never been popped before.  I think he tested for pot at the combine?  Other than that, it's all been on-field stuff.  Lets see how this plays out.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Just because his season was done doesn't mean the rules change or don't apply.

Why would they?  There was no performance to enhance.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So now his trade value is diminished. I would just draft some LB talent, see how Burfict plays this year, and possibly trade him next season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Just because his season was done doesn't mean the rules change or don't apply.

And are you going to tell me the league, with all it's bad exposure, is now going to forbid players out for the season, to take medicine for a concussion that the doctors give them??? Don't think so, he wins this appeal....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who wants to bet if the Bengals cut him, the Stoolers sign him before the ink dries?

This is only reason that I would not cut him. Trade him to a west coast team for peanuts first. Vinny Rey and Vigil had more tackles last year with only one more start. It should not even be a contest Burfict is ten times better then both of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: Why would they?  There was no performance to enhance.  

[Image: Y9YXN.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:58 PM)RASCAL Wrote: wah wah wah, typical!!!

Really? I thought he made some good points... How about acknowledging them and countering them with your own thoughts? And if you can't, how about admitting he's made some great points and maybe even agree with him? Theres no shame in changing your opinion.

I used to be one of the biggest Burfict apologists around prior to last season. Now, I won't miss him when he's gone. He's missed more than half of our game the past few years and he's right on track to miss more after this. I don't care how talented he is, he's not worth his insane amount of baggage if he can't be relied on.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: Why would they?  There was no performance to enhance.  

They still apply because they're the rules. There are plenty of medications available that are not on the banned substance list. Just because he wasn't going to be on the field doesn't mean he doesn't have to follow the same rules. If the rules were different, then guys would be able to use anything and everything they wanted to heal faster and get back in better shape for the next season. The substances that are banned are always banned regardless of if a player will suit up or is on IR.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:05 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This is only reason that I would not cut him. Trade him to a west coast team for peanuts first. Vinny Rey and Vigil had more tackles last year with only one more start. It should not even be a contest Burfict is ten times better then both of them.

Yep.....if you're parting ways, get something for him.  In the NFCWest. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:07 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: They still apply because they're the rules. There are plenty of medications available that are not on the banned substance list. Just because he wasn't going to be on the field doesn't mean he doesn't have to follow the same rules. If the rules were different, then guys would be able to use anything and everything they wanted to heal faster and get back in better shape for the next season. The substances that are banned are always banned regardless of if a player will suit up or is on IR.

That's not exactly 100%. Adderal is on the list of banned substances, but if a player has a legit diagnosis of ADD and it is prescribed by their physician, they can take it.
Reply/Quote

Because the rules are year round not only during the season. You can be tested for PED's at anytime including the off season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And are you going to tell me the league, with all it's bad exposure, is now going to forbid players out for the season, to take medicine for a concussion that the doctors give them??? Don't think so, he wins this appeal....

That is not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that there are probably other medications for the same thing that are not on the banned substance list. Burfict knows the rules. He should've provided the doctor with a list of banned substance, or he should've asked the doctor to check with the League before deciding on which medication to prescribe, or he should've checked his prescription against the banned substance list. I don't understand why everyone is just giving him a pass saying he's not responsible for following the rules.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who wants to bet if the Bengals cut him, the Stoolers sign him before the ink dries?

Eh... I don't know about that. He's the most hated man in Pittsburgh, possibly the most hated ever. And Burfict hasn't exactly been sending the steelers Christmas cards. It might be a good place for him, as I'm sure they'd warn him ahead of time one false move (i.e. Suspension for any reason) and he's out on his ass. Likely for good.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's not exactly 100%. Adderal is on the list of banned substances, but if a player has a legit diagnosis of ADD and it is prescribed by their physician, they can take it.

Yes, but the League has to be made aware of it first and have the proper information provided to them from the doctor. So even if everything Burfict did was correct, he didn't fill out or file the proper paperwork with the League or it wouldn't be considered a failed test.
Reply/Quote