Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
Even a ten time loser gets a trial before he's locked away. No trial needed 'round here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ugh.

Now can we entertain trading him or is it too late?

It lowers his cap number so it's possible.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: Don't know what performance was enhanced.  If it was Dec 27, he was already done for the year.   ***** witch hunt.

If this was true and it was a pain relieving drug I'll be in agreement with you - and in general I feel like the NFL is too controlling about everything - except of course responding to gross abuses like domestic abuse issues.

They strain at gnats and swallow camels.

But as someone else wrote, when you have as many strikes against you as he does why do you not take the time to pre-think the pit falls and make sure you don't fall into them.

On the field behavior in the heat of the moment is one thing.   Making a conscious decision to take the wrong substance is another.

I LOVE the guy as a player, but the dude needs a social worker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: Even a ten time loser gets a trial before he's locked away.   No trial needed 'round here.

Man, I hope you're on the jury the next time I'm tried.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, I hope you're on the jury the next time I'm tried.

Am I wrong?  Also...next time?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Is their anybody on these boards that still supports this clown ? Three years removed for that Pitt playoff game and this guy is still getting suspended, for hits and now we have to worry about PEDS. He will probably come back week 5 and get a stupid personal foul and be suspended for the rest of the year. Ian Rapport said if the suspension stands the Bengals can void his 3 year 33 million dollar contract. I would cut him and use the cash to resign Geno and Dunlap , two guys who are class acts and reliable unlike Burfict. This guy is supposed be a captain too what a joke. A great offseason by the Bengals front office ruined by this clown, cut him and I’ll count it as another good move.

Cut him let him sit in free agency for a week and let him see the rest of the NFL wants nothing to do with him. Then re-sign him to a one year prove it deal on the dirt cheap. Messing with these kids money is the only thing they understand. {kill bill quote} But we most likely cant cut him till his appeal runs its coarse and he gets his suspension.
Reply/Quote
IDK why people want to trade this guy just over this.
1.) He one of our top 10 best players
2.) It's not like the Bengals haven't gone through this before and we already have a condenecy plan in place for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:42 PM)McC Wrote: Am I wrong?  Also...next time?

I'm joking.  Look, I get what you are saying and waiting until we hear the details, but I sure can't blame people for thinking:

A.  Burfict is at fault
B.  Burfict is a giant target for the NFL so he's screwed either way
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Cut him let him sit in free agency for a week and let him see the rest of the NFL wants nothing to do with him. Then re-sign him to a one year prove it deal on the dirt cheap. Messing with these kids money is the only thing they understand. {kill bill quote}

That is a pipe dream. If he was cut he would be signed quickly, the contract would just reflect the risk as far as guaranteed money goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm joking.  Look, I get what you are saying and waiting until we hear the details, but I sure can't blame people for thinking:

A.  Burfict is at fault
B.  Burfict is a giant target for the NFL so he's screwed either way

I thought maybe you were making a contingency plan in case your next caper went south.

Reply/Quote
let me make something real clear for all you Burfict haters. Without him, our D SUCKS!!! NO TRADE NO LET GO OF!!!
Get off the mans back and lets see what happens! I just don't understand all you Burfict haters. Like you all are never guilty of anything at all. If Burfict goes to another team, our D will turn to shit!!! I personally am behind him 110%. If you don't like him go root for another team!! PERIOD!!! This is especially for you jj22!

Reply/Quote
But let’s wait till the 4th round to address our current linebacker situation.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So they’ll play Pittsburgh in the first 4 weeks. Book it.

GUARANTEED
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: IDK why people want to trade this guy just over this.
1.) He one of our top 10 best players
2.) It's not like the Bengals haven't gone through this before and we already have a condenecy plan in place for him.

Its not the 4 game suspension that is going to hurt us. Its coming in out of shape fat and being slow the next 4 games or more after the suspension that's going to kill us.
Reply/Quote
Too many conversations going on here. He was popped for PEDS. That means it was not marijuana and it was not pain medication. It was something on the PED list. Now, since he is recovering from multiple concussions and a shoulder injury, I can very well see a doctor giving him steroids to reduce swelling and help healing. If a doctor gave it to him for a legitimate medical reason, just like the guys taking adderal who have legit need and not just to increase focus, then he will win his appeal. If not, he won't. I'm going to wait to see.....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:47 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Its not the 4 game suspension that is going to hurt us. Its coming in out of shape fat and being slow the next 4 games or more after the suspension that's going to kill us.

Is there any proof of that? I cannot see a big change in play (at least statistically) for Burfict after coming back from suspension. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:47 PM)RASCAL Wrote: let me make something real clear for all you Burfict haters. Without him, our D SUCKS!!! NO TRADE NO LET GO OF!!!
Get off the mans back and lets see what happens!  I just don't understand all you Burfict haters. Like you all are never guilty of anything at all. If Burfict goes to another team, our D will turn to shit!!! I personally am behind him 110%. If you don't like him go root for another team!! PERIOD!!!

This is so old. I'm sorry that I'm tired of a guy missing time and constantly doing as much harm to the team as good. It doesn't make any less of a fan or any worse of a fan than you. I love his fire and intensity, but he has a proven track record of being an idiot on the field. If this suspension stands and he misses no other time this season, that will mean Burfict will have played in 47 of a potential 80 games the last 5 seasons. Some of that is due to injuries, but between injuries and suspension he will have been on the field less than 60% of the time the last 5 seasons. He may make the defense better, but he can't help them when he's not out there. I don't understand why holding the guy accountable and wanting him to take personal responsibility for his poor decisions make me a bad fan.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, I hope you're on the jury the next time I'm tried.

...Next time? Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: But let’s wait till the 4th round to address our current linebacker situation.

You mean like signing last year's league leading tackler today?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Too many conversations going on here. He was popped for PEDS. That means it was not marijuana and it was not pain medication. It was something on the PED list. Now, since he is recovering from multiple concussions and a shoulder injury, I can very well see a doctor giving him steroids to reduce swelling and help healing. If a doctor gave it to him for a legitimate medical reason, just like the guys taking adderal who have legit need and not just to increase focus, then he will win his appeal. If not, he won't. I'm going to wait to see.....

False, by 'technicality' though. 

On the banned list is glucocorticosteroids. Anti-inflammatory agent used to treat pain, arthritis, asthma, allergic reaction, etc. I would ASSUME this would be what he popped positive for.

The official list for banned PEDs - https://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002037

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote