Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(03-16-2018, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: Or, and this may sound crazy, but maybe wait to see what happens when all the facts are in.

That's why I said "consider," not "do."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:58 PM)Synric Wrote: This is pretty much a given man Concussion and pain killer medicine aka Ganja and getting hit for PEDs.

Again, Marijuana is not part of the PED program it is a separate program (substance abuse). This suspension is against the PED policy meaning it is not Marijuana.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, Marijuana is not part of the PED program it is a separate program (substance abuse). This suspension is against the PED policy meaning it is not Marijuana.

Again, I disagree. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This ***** guy. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but it's Burfict. I know this is his first suspension for something like this, but the guy has repeatedly proven he doesn't learn anything.

I don't see how this is a witch hunt against him. Injured or not, players are subject to random tests year round. If it were a prescription, it still falls on Burfict for not making sure his doctor was aware of what he could and could not take.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I want what you're smoking, because it doesn't do that at all for me. I don't let myself even smoke it hours before I go to the gym because I feel it effect my workout negatively.

I played pickup basketball for a long, long time and never played without it.  I wasn't just playing the game, I was in the game, of the game.  I saw everything, sometimes before it happened, threw passes through openings that weren't there yet but opened up just as the ball got there.  

For  me, it was the magic elixir.  But, different strokes for different folks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: cat-kicking-it-self-o.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: Or, and this may sound crazy, but maybe wait to see what happens when all the facts are in.

Yeah, not to be too much of homer, but we really need to see the full picture before we buy anything. If it was for medical use then he may get off easy.

We'll see, but it doesn't look good and I just read from Ian Rappaport that he can confirm that we WERE in talks to trade Burfict, but Oakland backed out after hearing about his PED use. Explains a lot......
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
this just keeps adding validity to the trade rumor.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Again, I disagree. 

You are wrong, there is nothing to disagree about. 

https://www.nflpa.com/active-players/drug-policies

There are two separate policies. Marijuana falls under the substance abuse policy which has a completely different punishment schedule. This is what Bryant was poppped under.
Reply/Quote
Trade him! Sorry, he is no good to us sitting on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: Yeah, not to be too much of homer, but we really need to see the full picture before we buy anything. If it was for medical use then he may get off easy.

We'll see, but it doesn't look good and I just read from Ian Rappaport that he can confirm that we WERE in talks to trade Burfict, but Oakland backed out after hearing about his PED use. Explains a lot......

just posted at same time.  that's what i figured we just took another big L because its pretty clear bengals are about to unload burfict.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What a crock of crap this is. Hopefully he gets it reduced to nothing.

Love how the NFL expects these guys to destroy their bodies week in and week out only to suspend them for taking pain medication.

Also, did we know that Burfict had a grade 3 sprain from the Christmas game?

They don't get suspended for prescription pain medication.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: Yeah, not to be too much of homer, but we really need to see the full picture before we buy anything. If it was for medical use then he may get off easy.

Didn't Ian Rapapap also report with conviction that Marv was gone?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They don't get suspended for prescription pain medication.

They can if they didn't properly file paperwork prior to the test. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:05 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Trade him! Sorry, he is no good to us sitting on the sideline.

Nobody is going to take him on at this point. As if the injuries and on the field suspensions weren’t enough of a liability...

Reply/Quote
If I've learned one thing when hearing about Burfict it's to take a breath and wait a few days. I will say that he looked amazing when the season started, but toward the end (before the concussion was dx'd) looked like he was going to die on the field. He was doing the whole gasping for air thing that scares the crap out of me. I don't know if it's PEDs or weed or what, but something's going on with him.

FWIW, I think a couple of Bengals players are/were pretty juiced, but Burfict isn't the first to come to mind.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: just posted at same time.  that's what i figured we just took another big L because its pretty clear bengals are about to unload burfict.

Yeah... I'm sad to say this, but I'm pretty sure Burfict is gone guys. Trade or release. Marvin has had enough.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:06 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't Ian Rapapap also report with conviction that Marv was gone?

That's because Marvin told them he was leaving... Mike is terrified of change so he took the lesser of the two evils and gave Marvin power.

Reply/Quote
One things for sure. He'll come back fat in October.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Is their anybody on these boards that still supports this clown ? Three years removed for that Pitt playoff game and this guy is still getting suspended, for hits and now we have to worry about PEDS. He will probably come back week 5 and get a stupid personal foul and be suspended for the rest of the year. Ian Rapport said if the suspension stands the Bengals can void his 3 year 33 million dollar contract. I would cut him and use the cash to resign Geno and Dunlap , two guys who are class acts and reliable unlike Burfict. This guy is supposed be a captain too what a joke. A great offseason by the Bengals front office ruined by this clown, cut him and I’ll count it as another good move.
Reply/Quote