Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-12-2018, 05:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Great move. We got our starting LT.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw this.  He's been injured quite a bit lately, but if he can stay healthy, we just got a damn fine LT.  It's a *little* bit risky, but a very good move by the FO, and didn't really hamper us that badly to do it.  I gotta say, I guess we were quick to jump the gun on calling out a lack of aggressive moves to right the ship.  

Also, this sure doesn't look good for Ogbuehi......you trade for a guy of this caliber, who graded 28 points higher than you while playing hurt, and they signed Baker off the street.  If this don't light a fire under his ass, nothing will!

EDIT: Shit.....not Baker, Hart.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always another option.  

So you really think Redmond (or Westerman) would be a safer choice than a 1st round interior OL pick?
While I thought both Westerman and Redmond showed well at the end of the year, I wouldn't want to make them both incumbent starters. Just one at most.

If the Bengals were really wanting to go all-in though on OL, Hernandez/Wynn at 21, Price/Ragnow at 46. But then you're not addressing any other spot until Rd 3 or later, which I'm not sure the Bengals would wait to do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am stunned.

This is a great move by the Bengals regardless of how it turns out.

A real attempt by management to do something completely out of character to improve team at weakest point.

Now, if they would sign one of the top free agent centers, I would really be impressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Look at his frame at 6'6".  He doesn't look like a fat Andre Smith with a little more height.  Dude has some horsepower.  Now, he gets to play on a team with some weapons on offense and a QB that isn't going to run at the first sign of trouble.  Yes, the Bills went to the playoffs last year, but I bet Glenn is happy as a kid in a candy store about coming to Cincy.  

Oh, and you know the old story about "Never follow a Hero"?  Well, how much fun is it to follow Ced?  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:44 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well this should quiet some of those prone to talking trash about the Bengals and offseason moves.(Probably not). From what I am hearing we have traded the 12th selection for him but have acquired one of the Bills first round selections as well. Awesome freaking move for the franchise!!!!

WHO-DEY!!!!

Well.....I mean, the guy that started it is usually critical about the Bengals offseason moves, so.....

(where the hell you been?  been a while, good to see ya back)

(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: A gamble but I like that the team is trying.  It's time to be bold.

It is, and I like the effort as well, never saw it coming.

(03-12-2018, 05:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then that pretty much does it for Free Agency. But I won't complain. All I really wanted was Oline help. And we got it. Maybe this means there's not enough left for Bodine.

Yep, that's where I'm at.  I begged for help at LT, the only really good one that was a FA was Solder.....so they traded for one.  Finally, a move that made total sense and wasn't a dumpster dive.  I wouldn't have been any more surprised if I had woken up with my head sewn to the carpet.  Mellow

(03-12-2018, 06:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At some point you have to take a risk, especially if the goal is to win now. Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding this deal. Im at least happy they are TRYING something anything, to improve the team. 

Yep, this pointed to a little more urgency.....something I felt they were lacking.

(03-12-2018, 06:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bills Get
12th pick
Bengals 6th Rounder

Bengals Get
21st Pick
Bills 5th Rounder
Cordy Glenn

:andy:  looks like a win for both sides.

(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.  

Go ahead and draft Isaiah Wynn to play center and have 2/3 UGA line.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings.

(03-12-2018, 06:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Pretty sure his puts a smile on nearly everyone's face.

Does mine!

(03-12-2018, 08:35 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I like seeing the recognition that we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE OL!  I also like the player.  We know one thing, we're not getting another Ogbeuhi, who backpedals faster than a cornerback.  This guy is a proven, tough tackle.  We all can worry about injury, but his overall record in that regard is pretty good.  I bet Dalton and Green are pretty happy with this move.

We should still draft a tackle with strong potential for the future.

I now like the best DT or LB with our first choice.

Finally......moving on from Piano Man, and now this, our weakness may go on to become a strength this season.  I'd say the RBs are even happier.

(03-13-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It just goes to show certain posters will find something negative in anything this team does. Everyone wanted a big move in free agency, there were even Cordy Glenn threads. Now, we got him, practically stole him, and people are complaining because he had a foot injury. Well so did Andre Smith. They can carpool to the podiatrist together, ok? Bottom line, the left side of our offensive line just went from very bad to very good.... for a handful of draft spots. Superb move....

Gotta agree, solid move.  It's worth the risk, IMO.

(03-13-2018, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:
For me, it does signal one thing loud and clear that they very, very rarely do:  admit they whiffed on a player.
  They aren't going to roll Ced out there and hope he is better in year four with a new OC, but they are addressing that key spot with a young player that should be at the top of his game and isn't the crap shoot of being a rookie from the draft.

I really wanted to see a bunch of QBs go early and see a really elite talent slip to #12, but at #21, the Bengals are still likely to see a Top 15 talent because that run on QBs is going to happen and it is going to happen early.  

Easier to do when his biggest supporter is finally shitcanned.

(03-13-2018, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Some people will look for anything to whine about the QB. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Freaking awesome move!!! Glad we are finally taking steps in the right direction. I definitely have more optimism for next season. Hope he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of expensive, but at least we now have a solid "plan B" in case Ogbehi goes down with injury.

Ogbehi is now plan C or D
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 10:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ogbehi is now plan C or D

Hopefully he is Plan X, as in ex-Bengal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: Hopefully he is Plan X, as in ex-Bengal.

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:12 AM)cooper Wrote: when a football player weighing 340lbs   starts having foot and ankle injuries..the end is not far off

it is what it is

He can be released at no salary hit after year one. 

So he had better tape it up with popsicle sticks and get out there and perform. 

Sure he has been checked out or will be before deal is finalized. 

But you are correct it comes with some risk. 

Definitely it is a risk worth taking in my opinion though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Yeah, talk about posters on here whining?????
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Getting Wynn/Hernandez at 21 then being able to come back with Daniels/Prince in round two would totally overhaul the line.  

Probably debating Daniels - Westernan/ or Price - Wynn/Hernandez .   Doubtful Daniels makes it back

Pete Prisco just mocked Daniels to us at 21.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-take-bradley-chubb-no-1-get-sam-darnold-with-4th-pick/

(03-13-2018, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone that whines about the same ol Bengals and status quo is being completely dishonest with themselves. Between letting Alexander go, the Pacman situation, and now this, you have to give them credit for making legitimate moves to better the team. I’m excited.

Agreed. Keeping Merv was status quo, but they're making some very unBengal-like moves outside of that.

(03-13-2018, 08:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You did not even mention the value we got for moving up 30 spots from the 6th to 5th round also. 30 spots is a lot.

This is definitely worth considering. We've picked up some good players in the 5th round.

(03-13-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It just goes to show certain posters will find something negative in anything this team does. Everyone wanted a big move in free agency, there were even Cordy Glenn threads. Now, we got him, practically stole him, and people are complaining because he had a foot injury. Well so did Andre Smith. They can carpool to the podiatrist together, ok? Bottom line, the left side of our offensive line just went from very bad to very good.... for a handful of draft spots. Superb move....

Agreed. There's always going to extreme positive or negative posters though. If you want to, you can find a positive or a negative in just about anything.

Glenn is healthy now, he's been mostly healthy in the past, so I see no reason to be negative about this move. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for being MIA for a bit - took some much needed vacation time. Don't have time to cycle through all 12 pages, but to me - this is a win for the Bengals all day (I'm assuming he'll pass his physical and be healthy for the trade to be approved). He was the best left tackle "available" and the club made a big move. My people there said the thing that likely clinched it was that they didn't have to truly give up a 1 to do it either - that they stayed in the first round was key.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
So if he plays 3 solid seasons, but misses the very last game (47 of 48) does that mean we get to piss-n-moan after the 2020 season about the terrible trade?
I have absolutely no doubt that the piss-n-moan contingency of the Bengals fan base are already honing those arguments .. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:28 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, talk about posters on here whining?????

Pointing out how inaccurate a statement was is whining now? Good god the Dalton fan club is a sensitive bunch.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pointing out how inaccurate a statement was is whining now? Good god the Dalton fan club is a sensitive bunch.

......about as sensitive as the Mike Brown/Mediocre Merv fanclub? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:40 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw this.  He's been injured quite a bit lately, but if he can stay healthy, we just got a damn fine LT.  It's a *little* bit risky, but a very good move by the FO, and didn't really hamper us that badly to do it.  I gotta say, I guess we were quick to jump the gun on calling out a lack of aggressive moves to right the ship.  

Also, this sure doesn't look good for Ogbuehi......you trade for a guy of this caliber, who graded 28 points higher than you while playing hurt, and they signed Baker off the street.  If this don't light a fire under his ass, nothing will!

EDIT: Shit.....not Baker, Hart.....lol.

That thought came to my mind, almost immediately; is it completely in the realm of possibility, that Ogbuehi gets traded for a 7th round guy, type of thing? Clearly, they don't want him starting at this point, thus rendering him possibly expendable.

Will be interesting to see, at this point, especially since they declined his option (Don't think it came time yet, actually) and they won't have him after this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:50 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Sorry for being MIA for a bit - took some much needed vacation time. Don't have time to cycle through all 12 pages, but to me - this is a win for the Bengals all day (I'm assuming he'll pass his physical and be healthy for the trade to be approved). He was the best left tackle "available" and the club made a big move. My people there said the thing that likely clinched it was that they didn't have to truly give up a 1 to do it either - that they stayed in the first round was key.

Yes sir....a very solid move, credit is surely due here.  Really, it seems like a good deal for both teams.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ......about as sensitive as the Mike Brown/Mediocre Merv fanclub? Tongue

If that was something that actually existed...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That thought came to my mind, almost immediately; is it completely in the realm of possibility, that Ogbuehi gets traded for a 7th round guy, type of thing? Clearly, they don't want him starting at this point, thus rendering him possibly expendable.

Will be interesting to see, at this point, especially since they declined his option (Don't think it came time yet, actually) and they won't have him after this year.

Yep, with Hart here as a backup, and Glenn added to the mix, it would certainly seem his days here are numbered.  If they could get anything out of him, I'd take it.  To me, there is more potential with Fisher.  If you keep Andre, Ced is likely the odd man out if they can get Hart to beat him out in camp.

Reply/Quote