Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
(10-17-2023, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The o-line was not missing receivers with passes. C'mon man. There were many reasons for those three losses, and the o-line is only part of it. Burrow was getting the passes off, and they were not accurate. When they were accurate and hitting the WR's in the hands, passes were getting dropped.

Is Pollack your uncle or something?   Smirk

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 05:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is Pollack your uncle or something?   Smirk

Nope, I just call them as I see them. I saw Burrow missing receivers and I saw receivers dropping balls. Not sure how that's the olines fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, I just call them as I see them. I saw Burrow missing receivers and I saw receivers dropping balls. Not sure how that's the olines fault.

Yes, Burrow was completely inaccurate in the 2nd half against the Squawks. I don't really know how bad our OL was as Lap and 
others have said how it was Burrow's reads that were wrong in how he was getting sacked and honestly just missing WR's. I just 
hope Burrow and the Offensive coaches get their heads out of their ass during the bye so we can go on a run.

Burrow was still hurt enough to mess with his accuracy clearly.

Sure, the Defense hasn't played great so far this season but there are lots of reasons for that and 2 out our 3 wins were because 
of the Defense and their great efforts late in those games.

I hope Pollack gets the young OL in Volson and Carman up to par, if he does we will know if he is the problem for sure or not.

Good coaches coach up the young players they wanted.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good coaches coach up the young players they wanted.

I don’t think he wanted Carman.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he wanted Carman.

Yeah, I am not sure and I am not sure about an FO and OL coach that are not on the same page about a player.

You just made me feel bad Nicomo Cry lol  Hilarious

If this is the case, we don't have a unified team, so say no to a SB win this year. We need our depth players to step in and play well.

Just the way it goes if you want to win it all. I surely don't believe in Cody Ford after just a little playing time with a 30 rating at LT.

I don't want Carman anymore either and I wanted him before we drafted him. I don't want Cordell Volson after I thought he played a 
touch admirable as a rookie. Pollack to me is the problem as I don't think it is a coincidence that he does okay with FA vets and can not
develop young OL.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I am not sure and I am not sure about an FO and OL coach that are not on the same page about a player.

You just made me feel bad Nicomo Cry lol  Hilarious

If this is the case, we don't have a unified team, so say no to a SB win this year. We need our depth players to step in and play well.

Just the way it goes if you want to win it all. I surely don't believe in Cody Ford after just a little playing time with a 30 rating at LT.

I don't want Carman anymore either and I wanted him before we drafted him. I don't want Cordell Volson after I thought he played a 
touch admirable as a rookie. Pollack to me is the problem as I don't think it is a coincidence that he does okay with FA vets and can not
develop young OL.

Pollack might be a problem, but he’s not the problem. It’s been going on since before he got here. Duke and the FO haven’t hit on an OL pick (unless you count Jonah) since Zeitler and Boling. That was a decade ago. And that’s not going to cut it. Especially when you blow premium picks on the position.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pollack might be a problem, but he’s not the problem. It’s been going on since before he got here. Duke and the FO haven’t hit on an OL pick (unless you count Jonah) since Zeitler and Boling. That was a decade ago. And that’s not going to cut it. Especially when you blow premium picks on the position.

I don't... and even Zeitler comes with a big asterisk because they chose him over 6x Pro Bowler/2x 1st Team All-Pro DeCastro so they could also add Brandon Thompson.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:04 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow threw these incomplete passes, not Brian. Burrow was trying to get a first down and end the game, had they ran the ball on the first two downs things would look even worse imo. 1st and 10, Burrow had a clean pocket and he just threw it away, don't know what he saw there. The last pass is a typical 50/50 play, Burrow took a gamble but Higgins couldn't out play the DB. 

Agree. If his passes go for a first down, game over. Don’t need to run the ball to drain the clock. First downs win the game and everyone would be happy.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:43 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Agree. If his passes go for a first down, game over. Don’t need to run the ball to drain the clock. First downs win the game and everyone would be happy.

They threw the ball 70% of the time. In the 2nd half, Burrow was 6/14 for 42 yards, completion % 43%, 0 TDs, 1 INT, was sacked 3 times, and was forced to scramble once.

Meanwhile, they only attempted to run 15 times total. They got positive yardage on every run except two straight up the middle.

Know what is working and what isn’t. Set up a 3rd and manageable instead of taking deep shots down the field when Burrow is still struggling with that.
Reply/Quote
Locked on Bengals had Callahan on tonight, not a bad interview.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 01:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: Locked on Bengals had Callahan on tonight, not a bad interview.

Any excerpts or points of talking? 

Honestly, I think Callahan comes off as a pretty smart, intelligent, and guy with good ideas. He gets it when he talks. 

And the cripted drives he puts together are honestly pretty damn good. The past few weeks we've seen some really good stuff out of the gate. 

The offensive luls during games are a problem, though. There is zero reason why this offense should be going entire halves without scoring points with the amount of talent they have on it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 01:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: Locked on Bengals had Callahan on tonight, not a bad interview.

(1) Brian Callahan on Cincinnati Bengals' Struggles on Offense | Exclusive Interview Part 1 - YouTube

link - I honestly cant believe he does these interviews.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pollack might be a problem, but he’s not the problem. It’s been going on since before he got here. Duke and the FO haven’t hit on an OL pick (unless you count Jonah) since Zeitler and Boling. That was a decade ago. And that’s not going to cut it. Especially when you blow premium picks on the position.

Our entire line is acquisition besides Jonah.... this has nothing to do with how Duke has drafted.

I'll stand by this statement until I see otherwise. The problem is Pollack he's been an issue for a long time and the Jets of all teams fired him as well.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 10:27 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Our entire line is acquisition besides Jonah.... this has nothing to do with how Duke has drafted.

I'll stand by this statement until I see otherwise. The problem is Pollack he's been an issue for a long time and the Jets of all teams fired him as well.

And the Eagles fired Andy Reid. Teams move on sometimes. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon doesn't have elite speed. It's an issue.

elite speed isnt even the issue. He just sucks. Perine was better than Mixon last year, and he's slower than Mixon. Before somebody comes at me with stats, remove the panthers game. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 10:27 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Our entire line is acquisition besides Jonah.... this has nothing to do with how Duke has drafted.

the drafting sucks and so does Pollack

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Umm…no it’s not. I don’t blame you for wanting to forget Cordell Volson not only exists, but is the starting LG. Unfortunately he is though.

Reply/Quote

It has everything to do with how they have drafted. You wouldn't have to go out and aquire outside help if you would have drafted better. 

The drafting has been terrible but so had the coaching. Both things are true. 

Who does the drafting fall on? That's my biggest question. Is it more Duke getting his guys? Are they drafting guys Pollack wants? I know they brought in Paul Alexander as a consultant for the Carman pick. Who's it fall on?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol.  This is a bit extreme.  Bengals have had a top 10 offense each of the last two years.  By years end, it will be there again.  Could it be better, yes.  But let’s not confuse Zac Taylor with Andy Reid.

I would hope having Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd while going out and getting Orlando Brown as well as spending money to improve the offensive line last year, this team would be top 5.  There arent too many offenses in the NFL that have the talent the Bengals do on offense.  Where would this offense be with Mike McDaniel as head coach?  The Bengals coaching staff is severely under performing
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm…no it’s not. I don’t blame you for wanting to forget Cordell Volson not only exists, but is the starting LG. Unfortunately he is though.

Oops yeah I did completely forget about Volson.

(10-18-2023, 11:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It has everything to do with how they have drafted. You wouldn't have to go out and aquire outside help if you would have drafted better. 

The drafting has been terrible but so had the coaching. Both things are true. 

Who does the drafting fall on? That's my biggest question. Is it more Duke getting his guys? Are they drafting guys Pollack wants? I know they brought in Paul Alexander as a consultant for the Carman pick. Who's it fall on?

I mean that's a fair statement but not every NFL team hits on every prospect... gotta fill the gaps somewhere and unfortunately for us it's the O-Line

No clue I'm sure it's a combination of minds that make these picks. I just personally think it's time to go out and find a coach you know who's had success. At least 3 parts of the O-Line had success elsewhere
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote