Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos need a QB
What do you think the would part ways with to get McCarron from us? Maybe a 2nd?

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:47 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: What do you think the would part ways with to get McCarron from us? Maybe a 2nd?

didnt realize they were trying to trade mccarron.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:47 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: What do you think the would part ways with to get McCarron from us? Maybe a 2nd?

We wont trade player for player, we don't like to bring forward bad contracts unless its a rookie deal. We would have to have draft picks.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd personally require a first round pick.

They are clearly desperate, and we need to capitalize on their desperation.

A 2nd round pick won't replace what McCarron brings to this team.
Reply/Quote
Their first is more like a second, picking 31st, and their second is closer to a third in terms of value. I don't think they'd part with it for McCarron and I wouldn't part with a serviceable backup for anything less. After McCarron we don't have anybody and last year proved how valuable it is to have someone who can step in for a few games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are in talks with San Fran for Kap. If that falls through maybe it's possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are in talks with San Fran for Kap. If that falls through maybe it's possible.

There were a lot of players on that #1 Defense that were praising AJM after we played them.

Wouldn't surprise me if they like him just as much as Kaep. Plus AJM is not as much of a head case
and is more of a pocket passer which would fit better with what they have done lately.

To the OP, a 31st pick at the worst would be what we should want.
Reply/Quote
The Front office should at least listen. Hopefully. McCarron's worth will never be greater than it is now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
First (#31) and Third (#94) would seem like a fair get for AJM for both sides. Or first this year and second next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can't trade away AJM until we have a replacement. Andy is one thumb tackle away from being out again, and we have no one....
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Can't trade away AJM until we have a replacement. Andy is one thumb tackle away from being out again, and we have no one....

Well good thing those happen every week 
Reply/Quote
49ers are reportedly seeking a 2nd round pick for Kaepernick.

If the Broncos aren't willing to give that for him, McCarron isn't going anywhere.

According to Hobson, Bengals would listen to 2nd round offers. But if Broncos won't give a 2nd rounder for Kaepernick they definitely won't give one for McCarron.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Their first is more like a second, picking 31st, and their second is closer to a third in terms of value. I don't think they'd part with it for McCarron and I wouldn't part with a serviceable backup for anything less. After McCarron we don't have anybody and last year proved how valuable it is to have someone who can step in for a few games.

I'd be thrilled with their 31st overall pick because it means we'd have another 5th year option available.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd be thrilled with their 31st overall pick because it means we'd have another 5th year option available.

People are really overrating a backup QB.
McCarron showed that if the defense does virtually all the work, he can win a game.

If someone said, hey I will give you a late first for Josh McCown, would people turn it down?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd be thrilled with their 31st overall pick because it means we'd have another 5th year option available.

(03-10-2016, 05:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: People are really overrating a backup QB.
McCarron showed that if the defense does virtually all the work, he can win a game.

If someone said, hey I will give you a late first for Josh McCown, would people turn it down?

If we had someone else as a backup, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But right now you've got RGIII and Ryan Fitzpatrick as the best FA's available. Both are going to want starting money. After that, I don't know. Weeden and Gradkowski maybe? And they're going to cost well above what AJM is making.

McCarron proved he can manage a game. And for two years, he can do it cheaply in the event of an emergency. I'd rather have that than another question mark.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:40 PM)Benton Wrote: If we had someone else as a backup, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But right now you've got RGIII and Ryan Fitzpatrick as the best FA's available. Both are going to want starting money. After that, I don't know. Weeden and Gradkowski maybe? And they're going to cost well above what AJM is making.

McCarron proved he can manage a game. And for two years, he can do it cheaply in the event of an emergency. I'd rather have that than another question mark.

I'd take the risk of getting a 2nd round pick, or better, and using that on someone who will play on the field more than AJ will. If you have a backup who feels like he can be a legit starter, then there's no chance he re-signs when his rookie deal is up. At that point, you have to hope someone gives him a huge deal just to get a 3rd round comp pick, but he'll most likely sign a deal that nets us a 5th rounder or later.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:47 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Broncos need a QB

Good for them. I don't see any reason why we should help them solve that problem.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:40 PM)Benton Wrote: If we had someone else as a backup, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But right now you've got RGIII and Ryan Fitzpatrick as the best FA's available. Both are going to want starting money. After that, I don't know. Weeden and Gradkowski maybe? And they're going to cost well above what AJM is making.

Draft a backup. 

If AJM or a rookie is playing, we probably aren't winning more than 7 games tops regardless. I'd take my chances with a rookie. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd take the risk of getting a 2nd round pick, or better, and using that on someone who will play on the field more than AJ will. If you have a backup who feels like he can be a legit starter, then there's no chance he re-signs when his rookie deal is up. At that point, you have to hope someone gives him a huge deal just to get a 3rd round comp pick, but he'll most likely sign a deal that nets us a 5th rounder or later.

To the bold, that's a valid point. But that's for the 2018 Bengals to worry about. I'm more concerned about the 2016-17. Hopefully AJM leaves in 2018 with the ring he got while sitting on the bench and everyone looks back and says 'man, we should've traded him and got something.' But I'd rather look back and say that than to look back and say 'damn, AD got injured at the end of the regular season and we had to pay out the nose for Weeden.'

(03-10-2016, 05:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Draft a backup. 

If AJM or a rookie is playing, we probably aren't winning more than 7 games tops regardless. I'd take my chances with a rookie. 

LOL
Reply/Quote
i cant believe we finally have a backup QB that can step in a win a game

and people want to get rid of him
Reply/Quote