Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos request Interview with Callahan
(01-12-2022, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Only thing I hate about this is that they can now do interviews during the season....or something like that.  I remember hearing a rule changed to allow them to interview while their team was still in it.

As far as if he would leave, I think the Bengals will open the wallet (save the comments, they did it for Gruden and Zimmer when they were here under Marvin) and try to lock in the core group of young coaches.  

It's fair.. I mean, we had to "wait" until Zac was done with the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: (Quickly begins looking up biblical signs of the end-times)

Count all the letters and their orders in every alphabet on earth, Calahan's birthday, the population of Denver, Denver's operating budget, Cincinnati's budget, the population of Cincinnati, Ohio, Colorado, multiply it all by 5, subtract some weird number, Marilyn Monroe's bust size, divide by 3.1, add the number of songbirds that have died on the B at the 50 yardline and it might add up to 666..  Shocked Spooky stuff, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised Callahan is getting interviewed. The guy is fun to listen to when he's on podcasts. He doesn't just do coach speak, he'll actually get into the Xs & Os of the game. From what some people have said, there are members of the FO that are fans of Callahan from his days in Denver. I won't be surprised to see him go there. There has been some talk that he could be in conversation for going there as a play calling OC. I'm sure that's something else that would interest him.

If he does wind up going, then Pitcher is most likely getting the OC job. He's held in high regard within the team and Burrow. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I didn't think they could deny the OC or DC, only the position coaches?

From what I remember lateral moves can be denied, i.e. going from o-line coach with one team to o-line coach with another. Potential promotions cannot be denied. Unless that changed recently 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:25 AM)Bryan Wrote: From what I remember lateral moves can be denied, i.e. going from o-line coach with one team to o-line coach with another. Potential promotions cannot be denied. Unless that changed recently 

This is my understanding as well. Callahan is under contract. He can go interview for a HC job, but not another coordinator position. And, the man would be an idiot to take another OC job and leave this offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:25 AM)Bryan Wrote: From what I remember lateral moves can be denied, i.e. going from o-line coach with one team to o-line coach with another. Potential promotions cannot be denied. Unless that changed recently 

Position coaches can be denied permission for coordinator jobs. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
Callahan is scheduled to have a video interview tomorrow afternoon with the Broncos. The team will be on their Friday schedule, so they would be doing a walk thru on red zone plays

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 06:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's fair.. I mean, we had to "wait" until Zac was done with the Super Bowl.

I actually prefer being able to interview before someone has been eliminated from postseason.
Back the old way, teams usually didn't want to wait until after the conference championship games or Super Bowl, so those candidates got to stay with their teams. That kept the really good teams good.
Instead, it resulted in the teams on the cusp (e.g. the Bengals) continually losing coordinators (Gruden, Zimmer, Jackson).

This way, it should help force more turnover with the really good teams and level the playing field a bit more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:37 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Position coaches can be denied permission for coordinator jobs. 

No, not anymore.
Reply/Quote
This would be a big loss IMO. Through interviews, seems like Callahan has done a ton of the offensive scheming and protection planning, although I’m sure it’s been a by-committee group. Pitcher would be an obvious replacement if needed, but it sound like WR coach Troy Walters has had a lot of input in the passing game as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 01:01 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: This would be a big loss IMO.  Through interviews, seems like Callahan has done a ton of the offensive scheming and protection planning, although I’m sure it’s been a by-committee group.  Pitcher would be an obvious replacement if needed, but it sound like WR coach Troy Walters has had a lot of input in the passing game as well.

Would be interesting to see if Callahan leaves, how long it'll take to fill the position, considering he struggled finding a DC back then.  Will they be rushing to be Burrow's OC?
Reply/Quote
It is a mixture of Zac, Brian and Joe on what the calls are. I still would like Brian to stick around.

Brian Callahan is a very, smart individual who has grown up through football and has a great football mind. Keep him around.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, not anymore.

Didn't realized that changed last year. 
Reply/Quote
Callahan is apparently not one of the finalists for the Denver job. Granted he may still be in running for a job as a play-calling OC but that will depend on the new head coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:09 PM)pally Wrote: Callahan is apparently not one of the finalists for the Denver job. Granted he may still be in running for a job as a play-calling OC but that will depend on the new head coach

Can’t see him giving up designing an offense for Joe Burrow and these weapons for that.

Reply/Quote