Too close to call
16.36%
9 16.36%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Prediction Thread
(11-02-2021, 02:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, so we've now spent two days gnashing our teeth about what happened in the New Jersey swamplands on Sunday.  We're on to Cleveland!

You know what to do:  pick a poll option and then give us a score.  

I had us losing in Baltimore and winning at the Jets, so to keep my streak alive of picking incorrectly, I'm going to say Brownies in a close, mostly defensive duel, 19-17.  Do you hear me, universe?

What say you?

Home game after an embarrassing loss. Sound familiar?

Bengals win this one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 07:35 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Hello Llama...you seem like you've been here a while -- got a question...

Sorry for going off-topic...but the "Contact Us" link is dead, the Mods won't answer me, and the "Help" Forum looks like they haven't had a post in close to a year. I've been here since 2018, and I'm only showing 1 post (THIS one)...any idea how to help or who to contact about that?

Again...sorry about the off-topic reply. I'm obviously desperate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I agree with your prediction. 21-16 Bengals. The Browns will go down swinging.   Whatever

Someone in the Gameday thread asked you why you only post in the GD...threads. I had noticed and wondered the same thing. 

So, anyway. Posts in the Gameday threads don't show up in your post count. Only posts made in every other forum except the gameday threads show up in your post count. 

Hence why you now have 1 post to your credit (the question you just asked).

You're welcome.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone in the Gameday thread asked you why you only post in the GD...threads. I had noticed and wondered the same thing. 

So, anyway. Posts in the Gameday threads don't show up in your post count. Only posts made in every other forum except the gameday threads show up in your post count. 

You're welcome.  Cool

I half figured it out when, well...a post showed up...but, thank you for verifying and clarifying.

That kind of sucks. I know you want to, as a board owner/mod, encourage banter and conversation THROUGHOUT your medium, and not just on Sunday. However, most of the "attention" to the board, I assume, is given on Sunday. And for that you're not "rewarded," so to speak? 

Seems kind of, well, choose your adjective.

Anyway, off-topic again. I thank you.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone in the Gameday thread asked you why you only post in the GD...threads. I had noticed and wondered the same thing. 

You're welcome.  Cool

Yeah, that was me who had asked him that.  Then when he asked the question tonight I assumed that he meant that he was posting in JN or wherever and those posts weren't being counted.  But, if he only posts in GD, then oops, Harley opened a ticket for nothing  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
99 to 3 Bengals. Or something
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:36 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: I half figured it out when, well...a post showed up...but, thank you for verifying and clarifying.

That kind of sucks. I know you want to, as a board owner/mod, encourage banter and conversation THROUGHOUT your medium, and not just on Sunday. However, most of the "attention" to the board, I assume, is given on Sunday. And for that you're not "rewarded," so to speak? 

Seems kind of, well, choose your adjective.

Anyway, off-topic again. I thank you.  Mellow

I could be completely wrong but, i think it has something to do with accruing a large amount of posts in such a short amount of time. It's not uncommon for someone to have over 100 posts in a 3 hour period for a Bengals game and most of those are just a couple of words to a couple of sentences. Since you "advance", by name color, stars, badges, etc, by the number of posts you have, i think it might have something to do with that; kind of a, for lack of a better term, preference of the board owner that people don't artificially inflate their post count. 

For the record, you unofficially have 137 posts in the bengalsboard.com website. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I could be completely wrong but, i think it has something to do with accruing a large amount of posts in such a short amount of time. It's not uncommon for someone to have over 100 posts in a 3 hour period for a Bengals game and most of those are just a couple of words to a couple of sentences. Since you "advance", by name color, stars, badges, etc, by the number of posts you have, i think it might have something to do with that; kind of a, for lack of a better term, preference of the board owner that people don't artificially inflate their post count. 

For the record, you unofficially have 137 posts in the bengalsboard.com website. ThumbsUp

The Game Day thread sounds exhausting...

Bengals 30
Browns 23
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: The Game Day thread sounds exhausting...

Bengals 30
Browns 23

Nah, there's a certain rhythm to it, and once you get the feel of it you can read, respond and enjoy the game all at the same time.  I'm at the home games, but I don't know that I could handle the away games without it.  Feels better to know others are celebrating/suffering along with you.  And, there's always a lot of laughs.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 10:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, there's a certain rhythm to it, and once you get the feel of it you can read, respond and enjoy the game all at the same time.  I'm at the home games, but I don't know that I could handle the away games without it.  Feels better to know others are celebrating/suffering along with you.  And, there's always a lot of laughs.

Nailed it
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 10:20 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nailed it

[Image: yes.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Bengals 30
Browns 23

In soooooooooo many ways. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 10:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In soooooooooo many ways. Ninja

I have 2 friends back in Columbus that I'll text with during the games. Between the 2 of them it's a microcosm of this board. The one is forever optimistic, and thinks there are some gems on the bench that are just gonna shine when given the opportunity. The other throws around the term Bungles, says "I'm done" a lot, and says it's time to put in the back up QB after a coupla gaffes from Burrow or Dalton.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
34-20 Browns...
Reply/Quote

Bengals 30
Browns 23

I try to stay away from it

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown's - 30
Expansion "Browns" - 24

Maker Bayfield throws an INT on the not so comeback comeback drive.  
Reply/Quote

Only if you don't think every negative play for the Bengals means they're going to lose the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Browns have Chubb and Mayfield and just about all their Defense and Offense back from injuries. This is going to be one tough game. I am rooting for The Bengals, but Browns could be the better team. I voted To Close To Call on this poll.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals win 31-17

This 
Reply/Quote
Bengals lose. With no QB pressure Mayfield will have his way.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Paul Brown's - 30
Expansion "Browns" - 24

Maker Bayfield throws an INT on the not so comeback comeback drive.  

Baker even playing?
Reply/Quote