Too close to call
16.36%
9 16.36%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Prediction Thread
(11-05-2021, 09:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Beat pitt , score away from super bowl 4 tds 1 int both away games.. yes was good in season and solid in playoffs

Lol Cleveland lost in the divisional round, not the AFC Championship. They weren’t a score away from the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dispute your assertion, if you base it on last year, he had a very good year especially with a team that runs more than passes, his WR is adequate at best.. he lead the team to a playoff appearance and a win at Pittsburgh in the playoffs and a score away from going to Super Bowl , with 4 tds to 1 Int in playoffs.... in his 3rd season of a team that when he took over  had won what 3 games in two years, that is saying something, we only wish Burrow can achieve that same in three years..this really is a key game for Joe, if he loses 3 in a to Baker that is not a good trend at all and puts us on a path of not making playoffs

Based on what metric besides wins? Wins are a team thing, not a personal "very good year" thing. 

18th in yards
30th in comp%
17th in YPA
12th in TDs
10th in INTs
15th in passer rating

Decidedly average. His "very good year", based on the team, was due to the running game and the defense. 

Two 300+ yard games.
Two games with 3+ touchdowns.

He's a game manager extraordinaire. 1 great game against a reeling Steelers team in the playoffs--a team that the Bengals beat led by Ryan Finley--and a sub-par game against the Chiefs in playoff game #2. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on what metric besides wins? Wins are a team thing, not a personal "very good year" thing. 

18th in yards
30th in comp%
17th in YPA
12th in TDs
10th in INTs
15th in passer rating

Decidedly average. His "very good year", based on the team, was due to the running game and the defense. 

Two 300+ yard games.
Two games with 3+ touchdowns.

He's a game manager extraordinaire. 1 great game against a reeling Steelers team in the playoffs--a team that the Bengals beat led by Ryan Finley--and a sub-par game against the Chiefs in playoff game #2. 

Sorry i thought wins and playoffs and wins in playoffs matter, it is amazing that we think the person that touches the ball on pretty much everyone snap has little impact on wins but a lot on losses... Tired argument.. also if you are running the ball alot you are going to have less passes but in the end your QB is the biggest reason you win or loss  and what Baker did last year was very good and he has dominated the Bengals and we need to change that this weekend... with him hurt the Browns are a weaker team so hopefully we will do that
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 12:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry i thought wins and playoffs and wins in playoffs matter, it is amazing that we think the person that touches the ball on pretty much everyone snap has little impact on wins but  a lot on losses... Tired argument.. also if you are running the ball alot you are going to have less passes but in the end your QB is the biggest reason you win or loss  and what Baker did last year was very good and he has dominated the Bengals and we need to change that this weekend... with him hurt the Browns are a weaker team so hopefully we will do that

He's still an average QB on a team that's been put together with a very good offensive line, running game and defense. He's never finished higher than 15th in passer rating and it doesn't matter how much or little you throw, it's based on averages. Remember a guy named Andy Dalton? Other than one year, he was always around the middle of the pack and he could do better than Baker with the Browns.

Imagine what a Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow could do with that team. 

Hell, Carson Wentz could do better than Baker with that team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 01:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's still an average QB on a team that's been put together with a very good offensive line, running game and defense. He's never finished higher than 15th in passer rating and it doesn't matter how much or little you throw, it's based on averages. Remember a guy named Andy Dalton? Other than one year, he was always around the middle of the pack and he could do better than Baker with the Browns.

Imagine what a Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow could do with that team. 

Hell, Carson Wentz could do better than Baker with that team. 

I could see Mayfield becoming the new “Dalton line.”

Reply/Quote
Spreads were -2.5 and are now -3 for the Bengals.

Given the fact the home team gets 3pts, it shows you
this game is basically a toss up.

If that cancer OBJ was still on their team, it probably would have been -10
Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 07:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 34 - 10 Browns hope i am wrong. I feel they have the advantage in the trenches on Defense and that will be our down fall.

Congrats to you, sir.  You predicted a 24 point Browns win and it turned out to be a 25 point difference. 

You've earned this!

[Image: eng_pl_Butterfinger-King-Size-1277_1.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:41 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sounds about right.
However - No way we get 23 against their D

Stains 34
Bengals 17

I was close. What’s my prize ? Lol

Bengal fan for 40 years. I know my team. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: I was close. What’s my prize ?  Lol

I have a lollipop my cousin's son gave me a few weeks ago in my car somewhere. If I find it, I can mail it to you.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I have a lollipop my cousin's son gave me a few weeks ago in my car somewhere. If I find it, I can mail it to you.

SOLD!

Will PM you my addy.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lol Cleveland lost in the divisional round, not the AFC Championship. They weren’t a score away from the Super Bowl.

I forgot they expanded playoffs but that does not take away how they played last year in playoffs.. and after today Mayfield has Burrows and the Bengals number.. dont you think ?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: I was close. What’s my prize ?  Lol

Initially I thought about picking yours, but when I saw BF4L nearly had the point differential perfect, I figured that was the fairest measurement.  

But, keep playing.  I promise the imaginary prizes will keep getting better ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I forgot they expanded playoffs but that does not take away how they played last year in playoffs.. and after today Mayfield has Burrows and the Bengals number.. dont you think ?

There is no denying that the Browns whipped the Bengals. They do have their number, you're 100% right.
Reply/Quote