Too close to call
16.36%
9 16.36%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Prediction Thread
(11-03-2021, 05:58 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: We should probably avoid the jokes that make fun of the name "Browns" when, yanno, the same namesake founded our entire franchise.

Does not stop the Mike Brown jokes who is actual flesh and blood and not just a teams name. 

Besides that Browns team packed up in the middle of the night and moved to Baltimore.

Neither bothers me, flush em down. 

P.S. Joe Burrow > Mayfield 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:17 PM)TheFan Wrote: Are you joking? 

The Browns scored the 2nd and 4th most points against us out of all our games last year. Baker tore our defense to shreds the first game, completing like 20 passes in a row, almost 300 yards, and 5...I repeat 5...touchdowns.

He's not Drew Brees but some people are so irrational in their quest to discredit him.

Baker isn't Brees but I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns Let him walk and he signed with the Saints.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: The Game Day thread sounds exhausting...

Bengals 30
Browns 23

You have to be able to go from Bengals are going to the Super Bowl to the Bengals are the worst team ever on a dime without breaking stride. If you can’t find twenty plays a game that predict the Bengals future for the next decade, we don’t want you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Baker isn't Brees but I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns Let him walk and he signed with the Saints.  

If that happened it would probably be the best thing to happen to the Saints or Baker for the next 5+ years. As long as Peyton continues to be the coach. 

I don't see it happening though because who the heck are they getting that's better? It would be a typical Browns move to get rid of the QB who got them their first playoff win in forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Baker isn't Brees but I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns Let him walk and he signed with the Saints.  

You think? Seems like he’s been pretty good over his career and there’s no guaranteeing whoever you replace him with is any better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You think?  Seems like he’s been pretty good over his career and there’s no guaranteeing whoever you replace him with is any better.

Depends on who they replace him with.  If Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers really want a new location the Browns could instantly accommodate them and roll out a Tom Brady in Tampa style red carpet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Depends on who they replace him with.  If Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers really want a new location the Browns could instantly accommodate them and roll out a Tom Brady in Tampa style red carpet. 

Oh you’re talking about them grabbing a vet rather than drafting their 12th QB

Reply/Quote
34 Bengals
24 Browns

That is all.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27 Browns 24
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh you’re talking about them grabbing a vet rather than drafting their 12th QB

I think theyd be more likely to think Case Keenum was better than paying Baker 30+ million per year and being stuck with him. 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying these are the right moves.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You think?  Seems like he’s been pretty good over his career and there’s no guaranteeing whoever you replace him with is any better.

He is basically the Browns version of Andy Dalton. There might be some Browns fans who would get fired up over that, but from a statistical standpoint, it is true. Since Baker was drafted in 2018, here are the numbers...

Out of 48 QBs since 2018

TD% (23rd)
INT% (12th highest, meaning a lot of picks)
Expected Points Added Per Play (26th)
Success Rate (31st) 
Yards Per Attempt (20th)

Baker might be looked on more favorably because he has a fun personality, whether you like him or hate him. However, his play is pretty mediocre. He is what he is at this point, I think, and Cleveland has a dilemma like Cincinnati did in the mid-2010's. Baker is fine, but he's not good enough to really elevate the team. Do you move on from him, or try to stick it out? With Cleveland being a run heavy team, I think they will stick it out but they probably shouldn't. If they want to have playoff success, they will need to upgrade.
Reply/Quote
I like it…

Reply/Quote
This team pisses me off after the Jet lost. It is embarrassing and the bungles are back. clowns 31 Bengals 21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 12:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is basically the Browns version of Andy Dalton. There might be some Browns fans who would get fired up over that, but from a statistical standpoint, it is true. Since Baker was drafted in 2018, here are the numbers...

Out of 48 QBs since 2018

TD% (23rd)
INT% (12th highest, meaning a lot of picks)
Expected Points Added Per Play (26th)
Success Rate (31st) 
Yards Per Attempt (20th)

Baker might be looked on more favorably because he has a fun personality, whether you like him or hate him. However, his play is pretty mediocre. He is what he is at this point, I think, and Cleveland has a dilemma like Cincinnati did in the mid-2010's. Baker is fine, but he's not good enough to really elevate the team. Do you move on from him, or try to stick it out? With Cleveland being a run heavy team, I think they will stick it out but they probably shouldn't. If they want to have playoff success, they will need to upgrade.

He had a solid 3rd season and a playoff win in his 3rd year.. he is playing hurt no doubt if you watched the game.. we talk about Burrow being a gunslinger so is Baker.. he has a great running game but not the talent at Wr like Joe has with the Bengals...  He 2-0 in the games with Joe, we can't let him go 3-0 especially playing hurt... i don;t think he will make it through the whole game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a solid 3rd season and a playoff win in his 3rd year.. he is playing hurt no doubt if you watched the game.. we talk about Burrow being a gunslinger so is Baker.. he has a great running game but not the passing game of the Bengals...  He 2-0 in the games with Joe, we can't let him go 3-0 especially playing hurt... i don;t think he will make it through the whole game. 

Baker is undoubtedly playing hurt, but the point of that post was he isn't very good. He is okay, but nothing special. Baker is a gunslinger without much of a payoff. Burrow is throwing interceptions at a high rate but he is also throwing touchdowns at a very high rate - the reward is outweighing the risk. You don't get that with Baker, he's never had a TD% higher than 6%. He's a game manager until he proves otherwise. He did play well last season, especially after OBJ went down. 
Reply/Quote
We've seen our team hit extreme highs like beating the tar out of the Steelers and Ravens, something very few people would predict. We've also seen our team hit extraordinary lows, like losing to the Jets, Bears and almost the Jaguars.

This team is so young and so inconsistent that any prediction is a toss up. I believe this team could win against, literally, any team in the NFL. I also think they could lose to, literally, any team in the NFL.

Similarly, the Browns are coming off a tough loss to the Steelers, just had a tumultuous week with OBJ splintering the locker room and fandom. I think OBJ's release and the fans generally coming together around Baker could give the team the "energy" needed to come in and play their hearts out.

I also think all of this drama has been emotionally draining for the fans and the players. There are almost certainly players in the locker room that are mad the OBJ was released, which may lead to a dead, defeated performance all around, especially with Baker playing through an injury that likely severely hampers his ability to throw properly.

So how do you come up with a prediction for this game that isn't purely just throwing numbers up and tossing a coin to see who you say will win?

I have no idea. So, naturally, in cases like this, my pessimism takes over and I am going to say the Bengals lose Big Grin.

Hope I'm wrong!
Reply/Quote
It'll be a close game but the Bengals win as they pull away in the 4th quarter.

27 - 17

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Baker is undoubtedly playing hurt, but the point of that post was he isn't very good. He is okay, but nothing special. Baker is a gunslinger without much of a payoff. Burrow is throwing interceptions at a high rate but he is also throwing touchdowns at a very high rate - the reward is outweighing the risk. You don't get that with Baker, he's never had a TD% higher than 6%. He's a game manager until he proves otherwise. He did play well last season, especially after OBJ went down. 

I dispute your assertion, if you base it on last year, he had a very good year especially with a team that runs more than passes, his WR is adequate at best.. he lead the team to a playoff appearance and a win at Pittsburgh in the playoffs and a score away from going to Super Bowl , with 4 tds to 1 Int in playoffs.... in his 3rd season of a team that when he took over had won what 3 games in two years, that is saying something, we only wish Burrow can achieve that same in three years..this really is a key game for Joe, if he loses 3 in a to Baker that is not a good trend at all and puts us on a path of not making playoffs
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dispute your assertion, if you base it on last year, he had a very good year especially with a team that runs more than passes, his WR is adequate at best.. he lead the team to a playoff appearance and a win at Pittsburgh in the playoffs and a score away from going to Super Bowl , with 4 tds to 1 Int in playoffs.... in his 3rd season of a team that when he took over had won what 3 games in two years, that is saying something, we only wish Burrow can achieve that same in three years..this really is a key game for Joe, if he loses 3 in a to Baker that is not a good trend at all and puts us on a path of not making playoffs

Basing it on last year, Baker wasn’t very good. He was okay. I’m not saying he’s bad, but he was 13th in TD%, 18th in YPA, 16th in passer rating and was ranked similarly in EPA per play/success rate. This is a similar conversation that us Bengals fans had with Andy. Andy was fine, but he wasn’t good enough. I don’t believe Baker is, either.

Also, I don’t want this part of my post to get lost, because this is a major correction - the Browns were not a score away from the Super Bowl. They lost in the divisional round, not the AFC Championship.

Overall, this depends on what you’re baseline for being ‘good’ is. You can make the argument that he was ‘good’ but that really just means your baseline is low because Bakers production wasn’t very good. It was right about league average over the course of the season. His play did improve after OBJ went down, though, so if he can get back to that form, and stay there, then yeah, he will be a good QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Basing it on last year, Baker wasn’t very good. He was okay. I’m not saying he’s bad, but he was 13th in TD%, 18th in YPA, 16th in passer rating and was ranked similarly in EPA per play/success rate. This is a similar conversation that us Bengals fans had with Andy. Andy was fine, but he wasn’t good enough. I don’t believe Baker is, either.

Also, I don’t want this part of my post to get lost, because this is a major correction - the Browns were not a score away from the Super Bowl. They lost in the divisional round, not the AFC Championship.

Overall, this depends on what you’re baseline for being ‘good’ is. You can make the argument that he was ‘good’ but that really just means your baseline is low because Bakers production wasn’t very good. It was right about league average over the course of the season. His play did improve after OBJ went down, though, so if he can get back to that form, and stay there, then yeah, he will be a good QB.
Beat pitt , score away from super bowl 4 tds 1 int both away games.. yes was good in season and solid in playoffs
Reply/Quote