Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns complete second interview with Hue; expected to make him a formal offer
that they’ve completed a second interview with Bengals OC Hue Jackson on Tuesday.

Jason La Canfora mentions that a formal offer from the Browns is likely forthcoming.

http://nfltraderumors.co/jim-schwartz-also-a-candidate-for-browns-hc-job/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Interesting
Reply/Quote
Don't be a dumbass Hue.....it's Cleveland and Johnny Alcohol. You will be fired inside of 2 years...
Reply/Quote
Cleveland...  Where Coaches and Quarterbacks go to die.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Hue goes to Cleveland I lose all respect for the man.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cleveland...  Where Coaches and Quarterbacks go to die.

Except Bill Belichik. Dude actually took them to the postseason and won a game before they moved the team and he ended up in New England. He's the reason Cleveland isn't on a longer playoff win drought than Cincinnati.

Even before the 4 SB wins and 2 more appearances with the Patriots, getting the Browns to the postseason alone seems worthy of putting the coach into the HoF. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So, ya think we can get the 2nd overall pick for Keith Wenning? Work your magic Hue!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If Hue goes to Cleveland I lose all respect for the man.

Because the dude wants a HC job and knows he'll never get it in Cincinnati with Marvin "Tenure" Lewis around? Seems rather petty of you. It's not like he's going to the Steelers.

Reply/Quote
He'll be back in a couple years. Marvin will still be here and we'd be calling for Brats head by then.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except Bill Belichik. Dude actually took them to the postseason and won a game before they moved the team and he ended up in New England. He's the reason Cleveland isn't on a longer playoff win drought than Cincinnati.

Even before the 4 SB wins and 2 more appearances with the Patriots, getting the Browns to the postseason alone seems worthy of putting the coach into the HoF. Lol

That franchise is now in Baltimore and has 2 SB wins.  The EXPANSION Browns are a train wreck.  But like you said, I can't fault Hue for wanting a higher ranking job, even if it's with the Browns.  Plus, Hue is regarded as a crap OC, a crap HC, the worst GM ever, and pretty much a blithering moron when he's on the mic.  I like the guy and I think people are way too hard on him, but what makes us think a HC job with the Browns is beneath him?
Reply/Quote
I think the Giants job is the best one out there so far. Eli just had his best year statistically, and genetics seem to indicate he will last a few more years effectively. Who knows - maybe Hue manages to get AJ McCarron in a trade to groom for Eli's replacement? (kinda j/k) It is the WWE...er...NFL after all. I'm not certain of the team's needs all that much, but it's damned sight better organization than Cleveland or San Francisco, seemingly.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because the dude wants a HC job and knows he'll never get it in Cincinnati with Marvin "Tenure" Lewis around? Seems rather petty of you. It's not like he's going to the Steelers.

Because it's CLEVELAND. A turd of a franchise where Bill Belichick couldn't even succeed.  And they are our rival. Anywhere but CLEVELAND, and i'm fine.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Because it's CLEVELAND. A turd of a franchise where Bill Belichick couldn't even succeed.  And they are our rival. Anywhere but CLEVELAND, and i'm fine.

Hue isn't going to get an offer to be a HC anywhere but a bottom-feeder, let's be honest.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think the Giants job is the best one out there so far. Eli just had his best year statistically, and genetics seem to indicate he will last a few more years effectively. Who knows - maybe Hue manages to get AJ McCarron in a trade to groom for Eli's replacement? (kinda j/k) It is the WWE...er...NFL after all. I'm not certain of the team's needs all that much, but it's damned sight better organization than Cleveland or San Francisco, seemingly.

Dolphins wouldn't have been a bad gig if you could get rid of Suh and his contract. Other than that, if I could choose, I would go for the Buccaneers probably. Got a decent-ish QB, some good-ish WR, a good RB if you re-sign him. Couple playmakers on defense. Not a bad group to build up around.

Titans wouldn't be bad either, since nobody really cares about you and you got the young QB, but not much else besides that. Bright side, you'd get to play in the AFC South, so really easy division to play in. (Guess that applies to the Giants and the NFC East, too.)

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Because it's CLEVELAND. A turd of a franchise where Bill Belichick couldn't even succeed.  And they are our rival. Anywhere but CLEVELAND, and i'm fine.

Except he did. They won a playoff game there (only took him 4 years opposed to Marvin's eternity), but then the next year the team found out the franchise was moving and the team fell apart.

Reply/Quote
I have to say that Hue going to Cleveland and taking McCarron with him would be interesting as hell.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: He'll be back in a couple years. Marvin will still be here and we'd be calling for Brats head by then.

It better not be Bratkowski.  The fan base can't take another kick in the gut right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say that Hue going to Cleveland and taking McCarron with him would be interesting as hell.

No problem.  Give us their #2 pick.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say that Hue going to Cleveland and taking McCarron with him would be interesting as hell.

No doubt in my mind that browns would become contenders overnight or that happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:05 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No doubt in my mind that browns would become contenders overnight or that happened.

I'd pencil them in for 5 or 6 wins, but let's not go nuts here.
Reply/Quote