Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-09-2017, 05:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would say odds of a back up QB becoming a solid NFL QB is unlikely as well. Let alone a pro bowl player. 

Think it is worth the risk. 

AJM is not a future HOF. But, Brady, Favre, K. Warner to name a few in recent history were all multi year back up QB's
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 07:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AJM is not a future HOF. But, Brady, Favre, K. Warner to name a few in recent history were all multi year back up QB's

So was Aaron Rogers and Steve Young. He is not as good though.

But he will not stay a Bengal much longer. If we just force him to remain a back up next year it would be pretty much a dick move imo and just make another disgruntled Bengal talking bad about Bengals when he can leave. 

Let the guy pursue his dreams and try and help us at same time. Why do you hate the kid so much ? His dream is to be a starter. 

And everybody concerned he will help Cleveland beat us. Hue already knows about the inner workings of the Bengals. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 07:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AJM is not a future HOF. But, Brady, Favre, K. Warner to name a few in recent history were all multi year back up QB's

Could turn your own argument against you pointing out Favre, Brady, and Warner were all taken in second round or later. 

We could maybe find the next one with an extra pick or two or that caliber of player. 

But already have a back up in Driskel who knows the system. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 07:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: So was Aaron Rogers and Steve Young. He is not as good though.

But he will not stay a Bengal much longer. If we just force him to remain a back up next year as a back up it would be pretty much a dick move imo and just make another disgruntled Bengal talking bad about Bengals when he can leave. 

Let the guy pursue his dreams and try and help us at same time. Why do you hate the kid so much ? His dream is to be a starter. 

And everybody concerned he will help Cleveland beat us. Hue already knows about the inner workings of the Bengals. 

Hate? Not at all, I have said for the right offer trade him. But, he signed a contract to make a lot of money for an unproven QB. Why is it hating on him to ask him to honor the contract unless a great offer comes along?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 06:29 PM)Benton Wrote: the list of players Marvin gave significant playing time to as a rookie is short. Its more likely for ajm to start this season than a second round rookie.

Hey man i respect you Benton but McCarron is not starting here unless Dalton is hurt.

He will only start if he is traded to another team, a QB needy team that sucks.

2nd round picks start here all the time. There is a big list in this very thread. Dalton is a 2nd round pick.

(04-09-2017, 07:07 PM)Housh Wrote: Im one who prefers having a good backup QB because what if we didn't have a good backup 2 years ago when we faced the Steelers in the playoffs? We lose that game by 40 and get utterly embarrassed. McCarron gave us a REAL chance to win.

But on the flipside if someone offers up a pick that we deem to be of greater value than having a really good backup QB then so be it. I wont even THINK about the deal. Right now my idea of pick too valuable to ignore would be a 4th rounder and up. 2 5th round picks and im doing the deal as well. Maybe even one honestly.

Going into a season with 2 decent QBs on the roster is never a bad thing

Bullshit Housh, the Defense was what gave McCarron a chance to win that game.

Was McCarron playing on D? **** no, he sucked all game until the Defense and AJ Green bailed him out.

Sure, Hill screwed us and so did the penalties on Adam and Burfict but the Defensive guys were the reason
we were in that game, not McCarron who played okay once again and threw to a wide open AJ Green late
that i could of threw with my eyes shut.

My God do people overrate this backup QB... Shocked
Reply/Quote
If the Browns offer #33 I would definitely take it
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 09:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hate? Not at all, I have said for the right offer trade him. But, he signed a contract to make a lot of money for an unproven QB. Why is it hating on him to ask him to honor the contract unless a great offer comes along?

Waiting on a "great" offer could lead to getting nothing for him is all. 

Some of us believe he is merely average and a 2nd round pick would be stealing. But there are some that like him(like you) so it is still possible to get that.

Yet hope you are correct and somebody offers their #1 but do not expect it. 

Would probably take a high 3rd if push came to shove even. 

This thread is stale and I am done. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man i respect you Benton but McCarron is not starting here unless Dalton is hurt.

He will only start if he is traded to another team, a QB needy team that sucks.

2nd round picks start here all the time. There is a big list in this very thread. Dalton is a 2nd round pick.

Bullshit Housh, the Defense was what gave McCarron a chance to win that game.

Was McCarron playing on D? **** no, he sucked all game until the Defense and AJ Green bailed him out.

Sure, Hill screwed us and so did the penalties on Adam and Burfict but the Defensive guys were the reason
we were in that game, not McCarron who played okay once again and threw to a wide open AJ Green late
that i could of threw with my eyes shut.

My God do people overrate this backup QB... Shocked

AJ McCarron had a better QB rating in his first playoff game, 4th start in the NFL, in the pouring rain, than Andy Dalton has ever had in a playoff game in his life.  And unlike Andy, he had the team ahead in the 4th quarter with the ball in their hands.

And AJM wouldn't even have had to play that year if Andy wasn't stinking up the joint vs Pittsburgh and trying to tackle a defensive lineman after choking and turning the ball over in the redzone like he has a tendency to do.

AJM (a winner in every facet of his life) almost saved the Bengals from their aura of choking, but Pacman and Burfict made sure to keep the choke alive.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:53 PM)BigSeph Wrote: AJ McCarron had a better QB rating in his first playoff game, 4th start in the NFL, in the pouring rain, than Andy Dalton has ever had in a playoff game in his life.  And unlike Andy, he had the team ahead in the 4th quarter with the ball in their hands.

And AJM wouldn't even have had to play that year if Andy wasn't stinking up the joint vs Pittsburgh and trying to tackle a defensive lineman after choking and turning the ball over in the redzone like he has a tendency to do.

AJM (a winner in every facet of his life) almost saved the Bengals from their aura of choking, but Pacman and Burfict made sure to keep the choke alive.

Ahhh, the biggest AJ McCarron homer of them all...

Are you his brother Seph?

Seriously, the Defense had nothing to do with McCarron having a chance?

Andy stinking up the joint? Dude was right there with Brady and Palmer in the MVP discussion...

I know it is a moot point but i have no doubt we would of won that Playoff game with Dalton at the helm.

Just sucks ass he got injured trying to tackle that Defensive Lineman IN THE FIRST FRICKING QUARTER!!!.........

After he just drove the Offense right down the field into the Red Zone...

Good Lord. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:53 PM)BigSeph Wrote: AJ McCarron had a better QB rating in his first playoff game, 4th start in the NFL, in the pouring rain, than Andy Dalton has ever had in a playoff game in his life.  And unlike Andy, he had the team ahead in the 4th quarter with the ball in their hands.

Are you AJM? This post was written by AJM, had to be. I don't know who else would write something so blatantly bias towards someone.

I absolutely love Dalton, and like AJM. That being said, anyone with any sort of know how or intelligence towards the game can see the complete difference between the two QBs. Is that maybe experience, talent, athleticism? I don't really know, but the difference is Dalton is simply a better Quarterback.

AJM has happy feet in the pocket, holds the ball a bit too long, and doesn't have a strong arm between throws (Dalton gets bashed for that, but AJM's is weaker). He also struggles with reads.

Watch the tape. Stop comparing statistics.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why people are against trading McCarron?? So, people complain when Mike Brown let's a player walk for nothing but a Comp pick, but now people want us to keep a guy that has trade value knowing he is going to walk and we'll get nothing but a 3rd round at best Comp Pick????

This logic is maddening!!!!

I hear the argument about Dalton going down and McCarron stepping in, but right now this team is not ready to compete anyways. They have holes that need to get plugged and if you can move a guy and get a 2nd round pick and take an impact player, you have to make that move.

McCarron may end up average, he may end up great, hell he might end up a All-Pro, but he won't be any of those as a Bengal. It's Dalton's team and McCarron knows that and will be looking for a starting job his first chance in FA. Move him now, while you can get the most value.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 12:28 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Are you AJM? This post was written by AJM, had to be. I don't know who else would write something so blatantly bias towards someone.

I personally think it's Katherine Webb.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I personally think it's Katherine Webb.

I personally hope it is.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

What are you even talking about? Here are his redzone stats.
2016 - 13 TD / 0 INT
2015 - 19 TD / 3 INT
2014 - 12 TD / 0 INT
2013 - 21 TD / 3 INT
2012 - 20 TD / 0 INT
2011 - 14 TD / 0 INT

Guy is averaging one interception in the redzone a year.
Granted he also has 33 fumbles in 6 years(including recovered by his own team), but how many were in the redzone?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 09:01 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: What are you even talking about? Here are his redzone stats.
2016 - 13 TD / 0 INT
2015 - 19 TD / 3 INT
2014 - 12 TD / 0 INT
2013 - 21 TD / 3 INT
2012 - 20 TD / 0 INT
2011 - 14 TD / 0 INT

Guy is averaging one interception in the redzone a year.
Granted he also has 33 fumbles in 6 years(including recovered by his own team), but how many were in the redzone?

Facts don't matter......cause......ROLL DAMN TIDE! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I personally think it's Katherine Webb.

I think it is an alt for someone else here.

No one else would lurk around all the time and only post when McCarron's name shows up.

Reminds me a lot of Mulligan.  Remember him?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 01:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't understand why people are against trading McCarron?? So, people complain when Mike Brown let's a player walk for nothing but a Comp pick, but now people want us to keep a guy that has trade value knowing he is going to walk and we'll get nothing but a 3rd round at best Comp Pick????

This logic is maddening!!!!

I hear the argument about Dalton going down and McCarron stepping in, but right now this team is not ready to compete anyways. They have holes that need to get plugged and if you can move a guy and get a 2nd round pick and take an impact player, you have to make that move.

McCarron may end up average, he may end up great, hell he might end up a All-Pro, but he won't be any of those as a Bengal. It's Dalton's team and McCarron knows that and will be looking for a starting job his first chance in FA. Move him now, while you can get the most value.

I don't think many people are against trading AJ.  However, I am highly against trading him for below market value considering the fact that we control his rights for next year, and I am especially against trading him to a division rival for less than market value.  

When you look at QB trades, deaing him for a 2nd is ludicrous.  If you compare him to the Matt Schaub trade, the starting point for a trade would be AJ and #9 for #12, #33, and #52.  

The issue that I have with you logic is that AJ is hypothetically being traded to a direct competitor in this case.  QB's are the players with the highest impact on the game.  Even if AJ upgrades the Browns starting QB situation from dumpster fire to game manager, he will have a greater positive impact for the Browns than any DE, LB, RB, WR, OL, TE, or DB we take at #33 will have for us.  Yes, the Bengals would be better, but the Browns would get a lot better, and that's a poor trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think many people are against trading AJ.  However, I am highly against trading him for below market value considering the fact that we control his rights for next year, and I am especially against trading him to a division rival for less than market value.  

When you look at QB trades, deaing him for a 2nd is ludicrous.  If you compare him to the Matt Schaub trade, the starting point for a trade would be AJ and #9 for #12, #33, and #52.  

The issue that I have with you logic is that AJ is hypothetically being traded to a direct competitor in this case.  QB's are the players with the highest impact on the game.  Even if AJ upgrades the Browns starting QB situation from dumpster fire to game manager, he will have a greater positive impact for the Browns than any DE, LB, RB, WR, OL, TE, or DB we take at #33 will have for us.  Yes, the Bengals would be better, but the Browns would get a lot better, and that's a poor trade.

Well said, I am for trading him for a great value, but cringe trading someone who could be a key for us if AD goes down. Some think we are rebuilding mode, I disagree. If we are were in rebuilding mode, the AD, AJ, Dunlap and Geno would all be traded. We still have a strong roster, but we need young OL to step up, guys that were drafted in 2016 like Jackson and Billings to step up and hopefully pick #9 can be an impact day one started like AJ was in 2011.

I know lots of ifs so I get the concern, but I am hopeful 2016 was not the start of a decline, that 2015 8-0 team is lurking.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is an alt for someone else here.

No one else would lurk around all the time and only post when McCarron's name shows up.

Reminds me a lot of Mulligan.  Remember him?

Who could forget? Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think many people are against trading AJ.  However, I am highly against trading him for below market value considering the fact that we control his rights for next year, and I am especially against trading him to a division rival for less than market value.  

That Matt Schaub deal is exactly why the Bengals wont get a haul like that. The last few years have seen several back up QB mega deals backfire spectacularly. The league appears to have soured a bit on that, and rightly so. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote