Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns to Interview Guenther for HC Position
Kind of surprised by this.

How come I don't see Todd Haley being looked at??? Dude has been awesome as an OC with the Steelers???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Kind of surprised by this.

How come I don't see Todd Haley being looked at??? Dude has been awesome as an OC with the Steelers???

Are you surprised by Haley not getting interviewed or Guenther being interviewed?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Kind of surprised by this.

For all their flash and glory the Steelers live and die on the long pass.  That isn't a real transferable offense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Im ok... Guenther hasn't really wowed me as a DC. We kind of regressed since Zim was calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
Any Bengals coach moving up to a Head Coach position would be a good thing....for them. But to move to an AFCN rival won't be looked upon kindly by Bengals fans I suspect. Just another reason to kick their ass as far as I'm concerned.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:41 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Any Bengals coach moving up to a Head Coach position would be a good thing....for them. But to move to an AFCN rival won't be looked upon kindly by Bengals fans I suspect. Just another reason to kick their ass as far as I'm concerned.

Right like Marvin leaving the Ravens to come to Cincy....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im ok... Guenther hasn't really wowed me as a DC. We kind of regressed since Zim was calling the plays.

The most important stat in football is points allowed on a defense ,, The Bengals are 2nd and just set a team record.. if anything this Defense is better now than when Zim left.  So we actually progressed not regressed
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im ok... Guenther hasn't really wowed me as a DC. We kind of regressed since Zim was calling the plays.

What? #2 Scoring Defense in the NFL this year.

Last year wasnt great but he was missing his 2 best players.

We led the league in Scoring Defense almost all year.... and points not yards are what matters most. Hes done a great job
Reply/Quote
If we lose Guenther we promote Vance Joseph asap...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:49 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If we lose Guenther we promote Vance Joseph asap...

I am shocked Joseph is not getting calls, or is he and Bengals are saying no?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Guenther...too soon.

Would be a bad hire IMO. The guy just isnt ready and needs more seasoning.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked Joseph is getting calls, or is he and Bengals are saying no?

You mean Guenther? Joseph fielded calls last year and interviewed for a DC position but we blocked it. He's the only candidate id want as our DC if Guenther gets hired away.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Guenther...too soon.

I think he would be better suited for a college HC position at this point for a bigger name university. I think he is a good coach and could be a good head coach but I'm with you he needs to have more experience. He could be a good coach in 10 years... I just think he is still too young.
Reply/Quote

Gruden had 3 years and got hired off..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:54 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Gruden had 3 years and got hired off..

Gruden had head coaching experience before his NFL gig. Was an arena league coach. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think he would be better suited for a college HC position at this point for a bigger name university. I think he is a good coach and could be a good head coach but I'm with you he needs to have more experience. He could be a good coach in 10 years... I just think he is still too young.

Yeah but nothing wrong with interviewing to get practice at it...
Reply/Quote

Same thing ol' Front Guent says when returning his steak at golden corral.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gruden had head coaching experience before his NFL gig. Was an high school league coach. 

There fixed it for ya.
Reply/Quote
We're number ONE in scoring defense
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Considering Bengals are a top 3 team in scoring defense...

Not really surprised.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote