Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
It's like a saturday night live skit. All browns management high fiving each other and they forget to make the phone call.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:25 PM)tBengal Wrote: ESPN radio in Cleveland said the Browns were celebrating the trade and forgot to call it in.

Any way this can still happen after the deadline since they agreed on it?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:18 PM)A10104747 Wrote: The browns have been trying to negotiate for him the past two weeks and repeatedly was told no. 30 minutes before the deadline Cincy all of a sudden wants to see if the Browns want to offer... if you think you want to trade him why freakin wait 30 minutes before the damn deadline...

This is a 100% joke. Send it over 5 minutes before the deadline and expect to get all the signatures needed. Come on man

Not to defend Son of Paul, but that's the art of the negotiation sometimes....make your buyer think you'll walk from the deal to sweeten the pot.  Anyway, if it wasn't for oline help now, it was a moot point anyway.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of a time in college where the supervisor wasn't happy with me for other reasons (longer, kind of hilarious story - no time here).

Came in at 3:45 PM to write out my schedule for her to approve for next semester. She said she couldn't read it, so I had to rewrite it.

I sat in the adjacent office rewriting it, turned it in shortly after 4PM, and she said "now it's late."
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: Any way this can still happen after the deadline since they agreed on it?

The NFL rejected Cleveland's request to allow the trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, not to sound like Hue's biggest fan but which of the QBs that he's benched would you have stuck with?  I guess he could have held Sashi at gunpoint and demanded they take Carson Wentz.

They way he hyped up Cody Kessler, you'd think he'd have given him more of a shot. Same with Deshone Kizer. Playing musical chairs with your QB's is a terrible way to help them through struggles. Granted, no QB on the Browns is a world beater but he has yet to let any of them really establish a rhythm. 

Plus, Hue's smugness in press conferences and just his overall demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. I don't think he'll ever have success as a head coach. Marv at least helped us win a few division titles and make a few playoff appearances, something I doubt hue will ever do for any team.

However, I'd take him back as OC in a heart beat. 
Reply/Quote
Browns messed up the deal.

Details herE:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/31/cleveland-browns-miss-chance-land-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron/819064001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The NFL rejected Cleveland's request to allow the trade.

Was there a reason given as to why the rejection? All seems a little fishy to me.

Reply/Quote
Lol at Browns fans saying Mccaron was garbage anyway, hhahahahahaha!
Reply/Quote
Sabotage in Cleveland... "I said no, I don't want him."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Was there a reason given as to why the rejection? All seems a little fishy to me.
Simple.  They were given a league-wide deadline and didn't make it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Radio guys just said a 2nd and a 3rd is what we would have gotten... So done. Can't even be mad at the Bengals for this one lol
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They way he hyped up Cody Kessler, you'd think he'd have given him more of a shot. Same with Deshone Kizer. Playing musical chairs with your QB's is a terrible way to help them through struggles. Granted, no QB on the Browns is a world beater but he has yet to let any of them really establish a rhythm. 

Plus, Hue's smugness in press conferences and just his overall demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. I don't think he'll ever have success as a head coach. Marv at least helped us win a few division titles and make a few playoff appearances, something I doubt hue will ever do for any team.

However, I'd take him back as OC in a heart beat. 

Could be...I just assumed Hue was only being allowed to have 2nd or lower tier QBs because Sashi was too interested in trading down to acquire 78 5th round picks so Hue amped up the hype machine and started blathering on about how awesome all the crappy QBs he had really were.

When he was in control he went way overboard to get a legit starting QB in Palmer, so it's hard to believe Hue didn't actually want Wentz/Watson/Mahommes but was given McCown, RG3, Osweiller, Kessler, and Kizer and had to make the most of it.  Again I could be wrong, but I bet Hue really wanted at least one of the (so far) very good QBs the Browns passed on in favor of stockpiling picks.
Reply/Quote
McCarron deserves better than this kind of incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:54 PM)snowy Wrote: McCarron deserves better than this kind of incompetence.

Which is why it is good for him that he didn't end up on the Browns.  He would have gone from one semi-incompetent team to a constant dumpster fire.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I can't. LOL
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:43 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Browns messed up the deal.

Details herE:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/31/cleveland-browns-miss-chance-land-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron/819064001/

A 2nd and 3rd RD pick would have been sweet for us! This is just cherry on top of the ice cream right there. Another kick to the sack and it wasn't our fault this time.. Ugh when does the merry-go-round stop?   Sad

Does this mean Driskel is ready to play again? 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Which is why it is good for him that he didn't end up on the Browns.  He would have gone from one semi-incompetent team to a constant dumpster fire.

I think we have left the realm of semi-incompetent and in the middle of that and dumpster fire, lol.
Reply/Quote
A 2nd and 3rd wasn't going to fix this team anyway.

Has to be frustrating for Mac though. Guess he can join the long line of frustrated players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I won't spoil the best series ever but if anyone has seen the crawl space scene in season 4 of Breaking Bad that was my reaction. So much rage it was comical lol.
Reply/Quote